Author Topic: Just when I thought I'd gotten away from them all......  (Read 3281 times)

Frank Gallagher

Just when I thought I'd gotten away from them all......
« on: May 16, 2005, 11:26:00 am »
....some *ucking doodle buys my beloved Manchester United!  :(

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Just when I thought I'd gotten away from them all......
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
well there is another team in manchester   ;)
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
If I'm forced to switch allegiances to blue...it's EVERTON baby!

Yank

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  If I'm forced to switch allegiances to blue...it's EVERTON baby!
Stay away from those Liverpool teams.  Bolton, the new pride of Greater Manchester!

Not to rub salt in a womb, but it couldn't have happened to a better team.  Not so arrogant anymore, are we?    :D

Yank

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
A love song to Malcolm Gazer.  Come on Mankie, sing along, you know the words!

UNITED WE STAND
 WRITERS TONY HILLER, PETER SIMONS

There's nowhere in the world that I would rather be
 Than with you my love
 And there's nothing in the world that I would rather see
 Than your smile my love

For united we stand
 Divided we fall
 And if our backs should ever be against the wall
 We'll be together, together, you and I

For united we stand
 Divided we fall
 And if our backs should ever be against the wall
 We'll be together, together, you and I

And if the world about you falls apart my love
 Then I'll still be here
 And if the going gets too hard along the way
 Just you call, I'll hear

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mr Dodgy Slapper:
  Not so arrogant anymore, are we?     :D  
Yep.  Adding millions of Americans to the coffers of United won't make them anymore arrogant.  Americans aren't known to be arrogant, are they?
27>34

ggw

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 01:52:00 pm »
Glaxosmithkline Stadium

Fico

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
mankie,

you can always join me & the Gallaghers over at MCFC!! "it ain't shitty if it's Man City!!"

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  mankie,

you can always join me & the Gallaghers over at MCFC!! "it ain't shitty if it's Man City!!"
No offence, but I would rather have my genitals savaged by a pack of rabid wolves while at the same time being anally raped by Ron Jeremy and ten of his best mates.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »

Not to rub salt in a womb, but it couldn't have happened to a better team.  Not so arrogant anymore, are we?     :D  [/b]
It's a good thing for United, they will become even bigger,better and more dominant than ever, and make Chelski look like Gillingham.....I'm just pissed off it's a friggin doodle! (Soz smackie, I but I am)

"American Express Field" has a better ring to it....at least that sounds like $$$$$$$$$

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 07:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  I'm just pissed off it's a friggin doodle! (Soz smackie, I but I am)

No worries.  I'll be first in line if he mismanages the team.

But I hear he's giving Fergie $20 Mill to spend in the off-season, which never would have had as a PLC.  He also resigned Giggs today, which is a good move.

Of course, he also extended Howards contract, which is a clear US based move.
27>34

Yank

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 01:31:00 am »
Next season will be like 1980 all over again in the Premiership, a battle of the Superpowers.....America against Russia.  Where's Ronnie when you need him?

All joking aside, unfortunately this kind of thing is going to happen more and more in professional sports.  If you want to compete with a team like Chelsea and an owner that's willing to sink all that money into his team, you're going to have to find owners or investors who are willing to do the same.  The sad thing is, unless you're a fan of one of those teams, it's pretty boring to watch as the same teams dominate year after year.  The most exciting thing about the Premiership is the bottom of the table, seeing who's going to get relegated.

Yank

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 01:47:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Not so arrogant anymore, are we?      :D  
Yep.  Adding millions of Americans to the coffers of United won't make them anymore arrogant.  Americans aren't known to be arrogant, are they? [/b]
Having an American owner won't necessarily translate to a huge American fanbase.  It won't amount to much more than a passing interest for most Americans.  

Oh yeah, Americans can be arrogant....and most of them are Yankees fans.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 06:37:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

But I hear he's giving Fergie $20 Mill to spend in the off-season, which never would have had as a PLC.  He also resigned Giggs today, which is a good move.

Of course, he also extended Howards contract, which is a clear US based move. [/b]
£20m is chump change if you consider Chelski spent £218m on their team. You're right though, it's more than Fergie would've got had they been plc.

A lot depends on what Fergie does, if he steps down you can say ta-ta to Keano, Scholesy and most probably the Neville boys. Personally I would sell Ronaldo....great player but not a United player. Get some big cash from some Italian/Spanish team for him and add that to the £20m. Take Real Madrid's offer of £12m plus Owen for RVN (which is the rumour) and we basically have England's strike force on one team, Rooney, Owen and Smith. Another rumour is Beckham will be back on the way to United with his marketing power being the big draw for Glazer, although I can't see that myself, even though I believe what United lacked this season was him feeding the strikers....which I said would happen.

Give me Howard over Carroll anyday. Howard is a good goalie who's still a bit star-struck playing in the premiership if you ask me, and lacking in big game experience and confidence. Carroll is just a blundering idiot.

Dodgy slapper is only cheesed off because the only wallie interested in buying into Liverscum is some scouse bricky with a few bob in his pocket.
   ;)

Yank

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
Scouse bricky with a few bob?  Are you talking about Wayne Rooney?  If it weren't for football that scally would be flipping buggers at McDonalds.