Author Topic: nobody died when Clinton lied...  (Read 8402 times)

Venerable Bede

Re: nobody died when Clinton lied...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  hitman, Venerable Bede was referring to Vince Foster's suicide.  He's a guy who headed the travel office under Clinton, and he was clinically depressed. A lot of right-wing conspiracy theorist types think it was something more sinister.  They also believe aliens landed at Roswell.
would like to explain vince foster's role in whitewater too?
OU812

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  would like to explain vince foster's role in whitewater too?
no, I'd rather not talk about sleazy real estate deals in Arkansas.  That's the whole point of the title of this thread, which you apparently miss... right-wingers are so morally bankrupt that they somehow think Clinton's shady real estate deals were worse than Bush's lying to get the country into a war which has killed 1000+ Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis.  

the only explanation I can find for this astonishing lack of perspective is that such people are just mentally incapable of grasping large-scale horrors, so instead focus on minor shenanigans like Clinton's oval office cigar tricks.

none of which, I again must emphasise, killed tens of thousands of innocents.
_\|/_

Venerable Bede

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 02:08:00 pm »
but the point still remains. . .you claim no one died when clinton lied, i merely pointed out that indeed someone did die. . .be it by suicide (hmmm, i wonder what got him depressed?) or via murder.  i'm not one to debate that issue. . nevertheless, vince foster was in the middle of a clinton lie, and is dead.  unless you have proof that he is still living?

talk about morally bankrupt, lying is still lying. . as markie is fond of saying:  pot, kettle, black.  you can't pick and choose which morals are worth upholding and which aren't. . . that's up the catholic church.   :)
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
are you crazy bede?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
  but the point still remains. . .you claim no one died when clinton lied, i merely pointed out that indeed someone did die. . .be it by suicide (hmmm, i wonder what got him depressed?) or via murder.  i'm not one to debate that issue. . nevertheless, vince foster was in the middle of a clinton lie, and is dead.  unless you have proof that he is still living?

I'm not sure how you can allege that Clinton is responsible for the death of Vince Foster, unless you're using Cheney's famous "It can't be dis-proved" argument.

Bags

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
  i guess vince foster was just collateral damage.
What does Courteny Love's murder of Vince Foster have to do with any of this?

Bags

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 04:08:00 pm »
 vince foster was in the middle of a clinton lie, and is dead.  
vince foster wore pants, and is dead.

Barcelona

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Get ready to be called unpatriotic and almost terrorist by a surprisingly high number of board members.
Nah, we'd rather talk about Spain giving in to the terrorists. Thats much funner. [/b]
Is Spain in the "axis of evil" too now?  bomb those damn spaniards! [/b]
Maybe it will be enough if they you just bomb José Maria Aznar and the rest of the Popular Party who lied to the whole country for electoral purposes. That is sad, but very much in line with the Republican Party acts, lies, lies, and lies.

hitman

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 04:15:00 pm »
  hitman, Venerable Bede was referring to Vince Foster's suicide.  He's a guy who headed the travel office under Clinton, and he was clinically depressed. A lot of right-wing conspiracy theorist types think it was something more sinister.  They also believe aliens landed at Roswell.
Thanks DD.  That's what I thought was being referred to, but wasn't positive.  I also enjoy how right-wingers get so caught up in little shit, and will continue to harp on that, and not see the big picture.  I guess getting blown by another woman while being married, and lying about it (which let's face it, any man would do, and there's evidently never been a republican who had character flaws) is just as bad as taking the whole country down because you invaded someplace that had nothing to do with 9/11.

grotty

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 04:23:00 pm »
  right-wingers are so morally bankrupt that they somehow think Clinton's shady real estate deals were worse than Bush's lying to get the country into a war which has killed 1000+ Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis.  

& this only includes civilians:
  body count

Who knows how many *soldiers* have died:
  casualties

and we vilify serial killers for only killing 20-30.  ;)

brennser

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 04:32:00 pm »
talk about morally bankrupt, lying is still lying. you can't pick and choose which morals are worth upholding and which aren't.
In Congress, the impeachment was overseen by Rep. Henry Hyde (R-Illinois),  
 whose own eight-year affair had ruined another woman's marriage. Hyde brushed this off as a "youthful indiscretion"; it happened when he was in his forties.

Rep. Dan Burton (R-Indiana) also led calls for Clinton's head; he once called  the president a "scumbag." Burton advocated the death penalty for drug dealers  and helped push mandatory minimum sentences for drug dealing through
 Congress.  He steadfastly supported mandatory minimums until his son was arrested--twice--for possession with intent to distribute. At that point Burton  forgot about law and order and got his son a polite slap on the wrist. To be  
 clear, I'm talking about Burton's "real" son. He also has an illegitimate son  from a long-term affair.  

Bob Dole. Newt Gingrich. Bob Livingston. All moralizing impeachment  supporters; all adulterers. John Fund, the Wall Street Journal editorial  writer who crusaded for Clinton's impeachment, got himself into a weird love  triangle with a woman and her daughter, and after impregnating the daughter  helped her get an abortion. And let's not forget Bob Barr, another  Bible-thumping impeacher. Barr's second wife was his secretary; he had her  unknowingly arrange his trysts with his mistress, who later became his third  wife. This was after he encouraged the second wife to get an abortion. But Bob  Barr never committed perjury! At his divorce proceedings, confronted with  repeated questions about the abortion and his affair, he simply refused to  answer.

ggw

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »
Clinton wasn't impeached for fooling around.  He was impeached for perjury - for lying under oath.

Details, details, details.......

grotty

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Clinton wasn't impeached for fooling around.  He was impeached for perjury - for lying under oath.

Good thing Bush wasn't under oath when he outlined his rationale for going to war.

Bags

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
Very good thing State of the Union addresses aren't under oath.  Seriously.  We could impeach every president.

By the way, I heart Brennser!

ggw

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 04:42:00 pm »
If he was lying - he is the most brilliant con artist ever.

He not only fooled the entire U.S. intelligence community, he also hoodwinked British intelligence, German intelligence, John Kerry, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, etc...

Wow!  W is a fucking superhero with mind control powers.

Maybe coke is still his kryptonite.

Originally posted by grotty:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Good thing Bush wasn't under oath when he outlined his rationale for going to war. [/b]