Author Topic: great news for music fans  (Read 1964 times)

markie

great news for music fans
« on: September 16, 2003, 11:01:00 am »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: great news for music fans
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 11:09:00 am »
I never acutally heard one Zwan song so I sure don't know what I'll be missing.

Most of the Pumkins albums passed my by, but I did see them on the Gish tour.  They were totally unknown (well, to me anyway) and played on a monday night at a bar called Twisters in Richmond Va.  Twisters had free shows every monday and we went for the free hang and cheap beer.  Smashing Pumkins TOTALLY blew the roof off the place and the next day we all went and bought Gish, which in my opinion is a truly great record.

distance

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
not really!

...just waiting on an sp reunion tour now.

keithstg

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 11:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  wasn't it good while it lasted?
Can't say that I liked Zwan at all, but a SP reunion would at least be interesting, and Gish WAS a great record. Still is, I guess.

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
What I don't understand, is how this is new news. It was sort of obvious months ago when everybody in the band scattered. Oh, well. I don't care as I didn't really like them all that much. I did like them better than the Smashing Pumpkins but I've never ever liked the SPs. And it certainly never helped that HFS played them to fucking death and beyond!

paige

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 03:36:00 pm »
eh... im' indifferent, however i did like that one zwan single that i heard a few times. can't remember the name, but eh.

distance

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 08:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  And it certainly never helped that HFS played them to fucking death and beyond!
i guess it's good that i don't live close enough to dc to get hfs because i hate zwan.  the music they play around here is bad enough for me to not listen to the radio, though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »
Can't say I've heard a thing that Zwan has done...Gish was a great record...even MC&IS had some great tunes, but the other 2 they did after that weren't very good IMO.  I do still enjoy Gish and Siamese Dream though.

walkman

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Can't say I've heard a thing that Zwan has done...Gish was a great record...even MC&IS had some great tunes, but the other 2 they did after that weren't very good IMO.  I do still enjoy Gish and Siamese Dream though.
Agreed...SP are one of those bands that I return to very rarely, but that for sentimental (and musical) reasons, I can't give up.