Author Topic: trashcan sinatras vs joseph arthur and the thrills vs oc  (Read 3786 times)

Bags

Re: trashcan sinatras vs joseph arthur and the thrills vs oc
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  no djing for me tonight... was looking forward to spinning the new aberfeldy and paul weller    :(  
:(    :(    :(

eltee

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 12:12:00 pm »
  no djing for me tonight... was looking forward to spinning the new aberfeldy and paul weller    :(  
that's too bad. If I feel better later, I might go to Trashcan Sinatras.

lily1

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 12:14:00 pm »
:(  

how come?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
the third act is where the dj slot is...
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 08:33:00 am »
did anyone go to either show? i'm curious as to how they were. i ended up not going. i worked late and was wiped out. though i should have gone because my ghetto trash loud neighbor below me had me awake anyway until well after 1 am.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 09:54:00 am »
if you like slow moody pop songs and still regularily listen to records released many moons it was probably a great show.  for those of us with fading memories of a couple uptempo songs from "Cake" and killer live XTC cover then the show was a bit like drab wallpaper.

it was one of those shows where the fans were shouting out song requests all night long.  i'm sure if it were not for a very active online community  the band would be long forgotten in the states.

they weren't bad at what they did, a little more variety would have been nice.  i knew when i listen to the second record yesterday why it's been gathering dust in the cd rack for all these years.
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 09:57:00 am »
hmmmnn. interesting. i was leaning towards more of the upbeat stuff so i guess if i had gone, i would have thought the show just ok. thanks for the info kosmo. was there a good turn out?

Bags

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Ditto to Kosmo's comments.  And I don't have any of the albums, so not knowing their songs (and totally loving them, like the small, dedicated audience), I was not impressed.  They weren't bad, but it was a very downtempo show...

Fico

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
I guess my band chose a real bad night to release our cd...well..if all fails for you lot come by the Velvet on Saturday night...also, if anyone wants a copy of the EP send me a PM and we'll arrange...