Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80050 times)

Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »
Those prices were when they had stadium worthy headliners like the Who and the Police. No way would they try to charge those prices with the headliners they've announced this year.

Originally posted by wml7:
  Ha you will never see those prices for VFest.  Try 100 bucks a day.  with two days passes going for $195.00.  Right???????

wml7

« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »
Hmmmm...... good point.  Well hell lets hope it's super cheap then. 50 bucks a day????? 99 for two day passes?????

sonickteam2

« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »
you know damn well they've set a precedent for $100, and since when do prices go down in this country.

gdrulz

« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »
yea im pretty sure they've already announced that ticket prices will be $97 a day and $175 for a 2 days pass

« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »
Yeah, that sounds about ideal. Maybe 60 and 119 since it is in DC, and people in DC are all rich.

Hmmmm...... good point.  Well hell lets hope it's super cheap then. 50 bucks a day????? 99 for two day passes?????

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Those prices were when they had stadium worthy headliners like the Who and the Police. No way would they try to charge those prices with the headliners they've announced this year.

Ha you will never see those prices for VFest.  Try 100 bucks a day.  with two days passes going for $195.00.  Right???????
[/b]
Look at the headliners, a DC1010 listeners wet effing dream. And maybe even a Hot 99.5 listeners dream. The price will NOT go down and even if it does it will only be like 10 or 15 bucks.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »
Yeah so I was right orginally haha.  99 a day and 195 for two give or take 20 bucks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
 For about three years in the late 90's/early 00's no band mattered more than Limp Bizkit.
false.  might have been true for your small insular western-PA high school, but it didn't happen in the rest of the country.  limp bizkit mattered to 14-year-olds who thought they deserved more allowance then they were already getting.
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:00 am »
I think that everyone should decide which festival to go to based on ticket price

wait a minute...then it would be all about the money...just like those greedy promoters

sonickteam2

« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2008, 08:01:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  I think that everyone should decide which festival to go to based on ticket price

wait a minute...then it would be all about the money...just like those greedy promoters
so you're saying that at $100 a ticket and 50,000 people you are just breaking even?

how much does that jack johnson guy get paid?

sonickteam2

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2008, 08:07:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
 For about three years in the late 90's/early 00's no band mattered more than Limp Bizkit.
false.  might have been true for your small insular western-PA high school, but it didn't happen in the rest of the country.  limp bizkit mattered to 14-year-olds who thought they deserved more allowance then they were already getting. [/b]
now sweetie.  Limp Bizkit did sell 14 million records in those 3 years.  Twice as many as Blink 182, and more records than Coldplay has sold in their entire career.  

and i dont think theres that many people in Western PA.

they mattered, in a time we'd rather forget about, they mattered.

wml7

« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2008, 08:37:00 am »

Uh oh with this statement that means the tickets are going to cost a shitload this year.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
Yeah, Seth, please make us cream our pants with that lineup, ok?   :D  

I want everyone to say "Gosh, Mr. Hurwitz, you booked the bestest festival a kid could have"
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2008, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
 now sweetie.  Limp Bizkit did sell 14 million records in those 3 years.  Twice as many as Blink 182, and more records than Coldplay has sold in their entire career.
LB are in competition with b-182 and coldplay - sweet.  

according to wikipedia (and i'm too lazy to confirm it elsewhere), "Coldplay have been one of the most commercially successful acts of the new millennium, selling over 30 million albums."  not that i'm saying that coldplay "matters" either.

and lest we think album sales mean anything, celine dion has sold over 200 million albums.
<sig>

Mobius

« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2008, 10:01:00 am »
One's feelings about the importance of Limp Bizkit is directly proportional to one's feeling about the lasting cultural significance of TRL during the Carson Daly years.

Yes LB constantly got voted into the countdown.  Yes LB got idiots who don't really like music fired up at the turn of the century.  Yes Wes Borland seemed to have some talent and made a proto-KFed a big star . . . but history has no use for them.