Author Topic: Advice: Weird Charge On My Credit Card  (Read 6384 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: Advice: Weird Charge On My Credit Card
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 07:33:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, gay agenda ILLUMINATI:

It gets paid off every month and I've never paid any interest. I still subscribe to the "if you do not have the money for it, you should not buy it" mindset. [/QB]
Wait a minute.  You're trying to tell me last year, when you went to see "The Smashing Pumpkins" 463 times, you NEVER charged tickets or transport and didn't pay off the entire balance by the next billing period?  I find that VERY hard to believe.  Or else, your mommy and daddy are rich.

Jeez, no wonder you like the Clintons so much.

Brian

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 08:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Wait a minute.  You're trying to tell me last year, when you went to see "The Smashing Pumpkins" 463 times, you NEVER charged tickets or transport and didn't pay off the entire balance by the next billing period?  I find that VERY hard to believe.  Or else, your mommy and daddy are rich.

I put some of those tickets on the card, but everything was within driving distance so there really wasn't any travel expenses, and yes, it was paid off the end of the month. I don't buy things if I cannot afford them. Period.

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 08:52:00 am »
Hey Brian, some people gots better paying jobs than the one you gots at the mall.

It gets paid off every month and I've never paid any interest. I still subscribe to the "if you do not have the money for it, you should not buy it" mindset. [/b]

Brian [/QB]

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 09:18:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Hey Brian, some people gots better paying jobs than the one you gots at the mall.

It gets paid off every month and I've never paid any interest. I still subscribe to the "if you do not have the money for it, you should not buy it" mindset. [/b]

Brian [/b]
[/QB]
Don't knock it...I hear chick fil'a pays pretty good and you get every Sunday off.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 10:17:00 am »
 It gets paid off every month and I've never paid any interest. I still subscribe to the "if you do not have the money for it, you should not buy it" mindset.
If you don't pay interest, you're not actually building credit.

Also, in an inflationary economy, such as the one we appear to be entering, debt can actually be beneficial if the interest rate is lower than the inflation rate (although that is usually far from the case with credit card debt.)

And mileage is not a scam, unless you do something stupid like buying stuff just to get miles, or even worse, buying miles.   I use miles to get business class upgrades all the time, and I've gotten round trip business class tickets to Indonesia and Canada, all on miles.
_\|/_

nkotb

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008, 10:22:00 am »
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's accurate.  When I just applied for a car loan, my wife and I had killer credit ratings, and I probably haven't paid any interest on a credit card in about 5-6 years.

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:

• my blog
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  I could be wrong, but I don't think that's accurate.  When I just applied for a car loan, my wife and I had killer credit ratings, and I probably haven't paid any interest on a credit card in about 5-6 years.

[/b]
yeah, but you have paid interest in the past.  That stays with you forever.
_\|/_

ggw

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

That isn't entirely accurate.  

It's true that paying off a loan over time has a larger impact on your credit score than paying entire credit card balances every month. However, that does not mean you have to pay interest to build credit.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2008, 11:30:00 am »
My credit score went from 560 (when I was just making my car payment and rent every month and paying for everything else with cash) to 720 within a year of starting my "put it on the card but pay it off every month" plan. It probably would be higher if I carried a balance though, you're right on that.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 11:37:00 am »
Different finance institutions look at credit reports in entirely different ways. An auto loan underwriter wants to see you paying on time every month, so if you pay your credit card balance every month they love it because the interest is built into the monthly payment of an auto loan. A credit card company want to see  you carrying a balance because they don't make any money off you unless you're carrying a balance, so dont' want your busines if that's the case.

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
I've always paid cash for my cars.

That probably tells you more about my cars than my bank account.

• my blog
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »
During the 1980s, when people snorted coke at the office water cooler and chain smoked at their desks while typing on their monochrome PCs, I had a job as a slumlord for apartment housing, and I used to have to read people's credit reports when deciding whether to give them a lease.   There were sometimes people who had zero credit history, and for us that was as big a red flag as people with bad history.  

In those days I was a pay-as-you-go type too, and I ran a credit report on myself from time to time and it always came up as blank.  Maybe things have changed since then.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »
This is true...when people apply for car loans if they have no credit history it's a tough road to get a loan approved. I guess no finance institution wants to be the first to take a chance.

When we moved back from Ireland I opened a bank account and applied for the Bank of American visa card. They turned me down because my credit had gone blank for want of a better word, (even though I had a lot of money with BOA in our newly opened checking account)  I had 20 years of US credit before our move, there had been no activity for two years so it froze or something. When I bought the car I got a small loan to get things rolling with the credit again and BADDABING!!! my credit was active again. Within a week BOA were whoring themselves to give me a visa card. I told them to shove it seeing as they had turned me down not a month before.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
   BADDABING!!! my credit was active again. Within a week BOA were whoring themselves to give me a visa card. I told them to shove it seeing as they had turned me down not a month before.
You tell them mankie!  You're probably why their share price has fallen a point this week.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2008, 09:32:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
   BADDABING!!! my credit was active again. Within a week BOA were whoring themselves to give me a visa card. I told them to shove it seeing as they had turned me down not a month before.
You tell them mankie!  You're probably why their share price has fallen a point this week. [/b]
I'll bring the fuckers down single handedly!

Another thing that pisses me off with that bank is they give illegals credit cards no problem, but you have to blow the branch manager if you're a us citizen.

Oh, another thing..they sent me a letter to my house asking me to verify my home address!!!!  :eek:  What the fuck??? You just did that yourselves  you morons.

Needless to say I'm trying to convince my wife to close our accounts and go to another bank but you know what a pain in the arse it is to do that.