Author Topic: Bright Eyes in Concert  (Read 1608 times)

mkf3

Bright Eyes in Concert
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:20:00 pm »
Hey,

Has anyone seen Bright Eyes in concert? I have a ticket to next weekend's show at DAR and I'm considering selling it and seeing the Decemberists instead. I've heard from a few friends that he's not too good live. Is it worth it to go?

-Margaret

Sage 703

Re: Bright Eyes in Concert
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »
I've seen both bands and would pick Bright Eyes over the Decemberists every time.  But I like Bright Eyes records more than Decemberists records.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
I like both a lot. Like, a lot a lot. I've seen both as well.

But IMHO it depends on how much you like the new Bright Eyes album. Because that is about all he will play. I saw Connor at the club earlier this year and he played basically everything new + "you will you will" and "make war." people were trying to get him to play older stuff, but he just replied with "you should have seen me a few years ago."

It was nice, but I'd be lying to say I wasn't a bit disappointed and after deliberation am selling my bright eyes ticket for the decemberists.
nothx

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
I think I'd rather have ggw and nkotb beat me up and steal my lunch money than go to either of these shows.

ggw

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
That can be arranged....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I think I'd rather have ggw and nkotb beat me up and steal my lunch money than go to either of these shows.
didn't know you were into nostalgia acts.
<sig>

bellenseb

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »
I'd like to see Conor Oberst do more acoustic tours like in 2002 with Simon Joyner and then later (2004?) with M Ward and Jim James. Set list is more diverse and flexible.

I think his band shows are boring and bit indulgent and tend to just "play the new album"...

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
while i dont like people stealing money from me.  i might consider taking a beat down.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
That can be arranged....

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »
actually sonick, i didn't think people were interested in beating down and stealing anyone's money unless that person happened to be hispanic.

*ahem* amigo shopping?
nothx

nkotb

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
GGW and I are like a pack of rabid wolves...we seek out the weak and infirmed and take them out Darwin style.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  actually sonick, i didn't think people were interested in beating down and stealing anyone's money unless that person happened to be hispanic.

*ahem* amigo shopping?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:00 am »
do you also suck each other's man-titties?

Originally posted by nkotb:
  GGW and I are like a pack of rabid wolves...we seek out the weak and infirmed and take them out Darwin style.

(_|_)