Author Topic: Vinyl Prices  (Read 1256 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Vinyl Prices
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »
anyone know of a relatively reliable price guide online for vinyl?

i picked up "identity parade" by 999 this past weekend for around $10 ... i knew it was a compilation, but when i was googling for more info on it i found someone selling it for $120 (http://www.musicstack.com/item/14360115/999/identity+parade)
(o|o)

ggw

Re: Vinyl Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
www.gemm.com

Like eBay, there are always some outliers on the expensive side, but you can still get a good idea of what the market price of an album is.

Looks like you got a great deal.

http://www1.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST+OR+TITLE&wild=identity+parade

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
awesome, thanks for the help
(o|o)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »
Amazing how much certain things cost...I got the very first Throwing Muses LP for $7.99, and one place has it going for $158 on gemm. I have the Catherine Wheel "Painful Thing" EP on CD and that goes for about $80. It's kind of fun to see what things I have that I didn't realize are tough to find. The original Wax Trax-pressed version of "Naive" by KMFDM still goes for $134, and mine is signed. Crazy.

dave24

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »
By the way - I'm uncertain as to what the statement, "open through April," meant - although, I assume it meant the end of April, not the beginning (that would be through March)

Nonetheless - Orpheus Records in Clarendon is closing, and they're dropping all of their prices accordingly.  It's worth stopping by if someone is so inclined to want to pick up some LPs on the cheap.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »
It's not uncommon for gemm to have some REALLY outrageous prices though.  I've seen things that go for $10 on ebay list at $100+ on gemm.    Buyer beware.

TEM

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by dave24:
  Nonetheless - Orpheus Records in Clarendon is closing, and they're dropping all of their prices accordingly.  It's worth stopping by if someone is so inclined to want to pick up some LPs on the cheap.
Really?  I may have to stop in one last time to say goodbye to Rick and his scary toenails.

popart99

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »
Hi!  New boarder here!  Just wanted to add to what dave24 said about Orpheus Records... they are closing down, but right now they'll be open until the end of April.  I think right now everything up to $38 is priced at 50% off.  I've been going there the last month and picking up some good stuff at a reasonable price.  The pickings are getting slimmer, but there's still good finds to be found.