Author Topic: Grammys  (Read 8605 times)

TomJaworski

Re: Grammys
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 11:55:00 am »
I know this thread is supposed to me on the Grammys, but I have to chime in on "Arrested Development." It is by far the funniest television show since Seinfeld. Tremendous comedic acting and splendid wit in the writing. I have to watch each episode a few times to absorb each clever line or reference.

One doesn't know what they are talking about comparing the television atrocity that is the Grammys with "Arrested Development."

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 11:55:00 am »
I guess all those shows you guys are listing are alright, but as MC Hammer says, you can't touch this...

http://www.donknotts.tv/

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 11:57:00 am »
I liked Justin Bateman better on Silver Spoons.

lionforce5

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Sam Pulsize:
 as MC Hammer says, you can't touch this...
Two MC Hammer references in the same thread, and one equating him with Kanye West.  

You really don't listen to Hip Hop do you?

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

I would never pay for cable, though, so I guess that keeps me from the "better" shows
ESPN and Law and Order on TNT are the only 2 shows/channels i ever watch.
  and apparently , I pay $20 a month for each of those channels! (though, my cable internet would be $14 higher if i didnt have cable TV)

you can't fucks wit jack Mccoy

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
   i was painting shelves and listening to Janis Joplin last night...
I did the same thing.  Well...except for the "painting shelves" part.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 12:03:00 pm »
Only when Kanye Hammer is on the Grammys. Hip hop and contemporary country are at the bottom of the music barrel for me.

Originally posted by j_lee:

as MC Hammer says, you can't touch this...
Two MC Hammer references in the same thread, and one equating him with Kanye West.  

You really don't listen to Hip Hop do you? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
   i was painting shelves and listening to Janis Joplin last night...
I did the same thing.  Well...except for the "painting shelves" part. [/b]
:D

Celeste

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 12:17:00 pm »
I just kind of find Arrested Development too jarring...and it *is* packed with references, witticisms, etc., but are the witticisms *that* witty? I probably haven't watched it enough to truly comment, but I'm not compelled to...

lionforce5

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
  Only when Kanye Hammer is on the Grammys. Hip hop and contemporary country are at the bottom of the music barrel for me.
So, what qualifies you to make that comparison?  A P. Diddy/Hammer comparison would be more accurate.

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »
Just my opinion, dude.

So, what qualifies you to make that comparison?  A P. Diddy/Hammer comparison would be more accurate. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »

So, what qualifies you to make that comparison?  A P. Diddy/Hammer comparison would be more accurate. [/b]
well, P Diddy and Hammer are nothing alike in my opinion.  Hammer was pretty talentless and relied on silly outfits and catchy videos/songs to gain popularity. P Diddy was a producer that decided to step out and make a record. he's a great producer, bad singer/rapper.  same with Pharell Williams.

imagine if Bob Rock or Nigel Godrich tried to make a CD

i have never heard Kanye West, but his name is lame as all get out, and he's probably just a lot of hype....hence Rhetts Hammer comparison....

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
yeah and he hops around with really goonie dance moves

what was up with the J-Lo and Marc Anthony number? my Spanish was too rusty to follow it...but it looked like it was supposed to be a campy play on the TV Novellas? if so...that might have been the freshest act on the whole show

lionforce5

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
well, P Diddy and Hammer are nothing alike in my opinion.  Hammer was pretty talentless and relied on silly outfits and catchy videos/songs to gain popularity. P Diddy was a producer that decided to step out and make a record. he's a great producer, bad singer/rapper.  same with Pharell Williams.

i have never heard Kanye West, but his name is lame as all get out, and he's probably just a lot of hype....hence Rhetts Hammer comparison....
We could argue about him being a "great" producer.

Kanye West was also a producer before he put out his debut album.  He's different in that he balances the line between Top 10 hip-hop (Jay-Z, Ludacris) and some of the less mainstream artists like Talib Kweli and Mos Def.

He's not the best Rapper on the Mic lyrically, but his production is top notch and he's got good flow.

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
What instruments does he play, and can he sing?

We could argue about him being a "great" producer.

Kanye West was also a producer before he put out his debut album.  He's different in that he balances the line between Top 10 hip-hop (Jay-Z, Ludacris) and some of the less mainstream artists like Talib Kweli and Mos Def.

He's not the best Rapper on the Mic lyrically, but his production is top notch and he's got good flow. [/b]