Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 2030051 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1230 on: November 07, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:
  does this dream have John Kerry as Secretary of State?
Absolutely not.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1231 on: November 07, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  While that seems harmless, it would be ridiculed in the world David Brooks lives in.  I just find it frustrating that anytime Dems get any power they trip over themselves to give some of it away, or are so afraid of being criticized that they end up looking useless.
You would rather we take the Bush approach?
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #1232 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

[qb]but to think that a 364 Electoral College vote would be a mandate is the wrong approach[/b]
I wouldnt say its a strong mandate, but by recent standards its a pretty good mandate.  I don't want to have to start compromising on the socially liberal stuff as much as Clinton did right from the start, and the groundwork for that happening is being laid before Obama is even inaugurated.  There is plenty of evidence that there is a lot of progress still to be made in this country (see prop 8 and other state measures), and I think it would be nice if the president was a leader in making that progress.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1233 on: November 07, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
i clearly need to steer clear of any policy discussions as i just don't follow it closely enough ... which is why i'll soon be stop reading of liberal bloggers, as it seems to me they are already acting like a bunch of spoiled children
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #1234 on: November 07, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »
  You would rather we take the Bush approach?
There is a world of difference between what I am talking about and the Bush approach.  Do you really think there is nobody in the Dem party who can serve on National Security issues?  Yet everybody is throwing Republican names around.  I am all for hiring the best person for the job, but don't eliminate half the candidates before starting in the interest of appearing bipartisan.

vansmack

« Reply #1235 on: November 07, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »
See - now why does it have to be the extreme? Why is it that if one person is suggested, your response is that I think there's no Dem who can serve on National Security issues?  You're asking a guy who joined State because of Madeleine Albright and then quit because he felt let down by Colin Powell (of all people) if he thinks there are no Dems that can handle National Security issues.  Ridiculous.

David Brooks is not asking for all of them, but he's asking for a couple, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Gates one is an easy one - ask him if he supports and can accomplish a calculated troop withdrawl and if he agrees, let him do it.  When he's done, replace him.  It's actually, the most efficient way to get the job done and would probably save 6 months time.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #1236 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »
  See - now why does it have to be the extreme? Why is it that if one person is suggested, your response is that I think there's no Dem who can serve on National Security issues?  
Sorry that wasnt meant to be "you dont personally think there are any dems".  It is a reaction the the fact that Republicans are who get talked about most when it comes to national security jobs.  I just wish it wasnt the first reaction for so many people.  I guess I would just like "liberal" to stop being a bad word, and it is going to take a leader who isn't afraid of it to make that happen.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1237 on: November 07, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »
wait i thought obama was going to make bill ayers secretary of education and louis farakahn secretary of religion. with rev wright as secretary of state
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1238 on: November 07, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »
and oprah will be in charge of the treasury, seeing as she is already well adapt at the redistribution of wealth
T.Rex

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1239 on: November 07, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »
i was thinking billy bragg
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1240 on: November 07, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

See - now why does it have to be the extreme? Why is it that if one person is suggested, your response is that I think there's no Dem who can serve on National Security issues?  
Sorry that wasnt meant to be "you dont personally think there are any dems".  It is a reaction the the fact that Republicans are who get talked about most when it comes to national security jobs.  I just wish it wasnt the first reaction for so many people.  I guess I would just like "liberal" to stop being a bad word, and it is going to take a leader who isn't afraid of it to make that happen. [/b]
i agree that it sure would be nice if liberal would be less demonized..  and while it shouldn't be a priority now, there should be given some consideration on how to bring into the fold some of the people who identify themselves as moderate republicans especially since the finger pointing has already begun within the republican party...
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #1241 on: November 07, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
   especially since the finger pointing has already begun within the republican party...
serious finger pointing
 http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_11/015558.php

RedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project: Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others. Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1242 on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »
shakes head
T.Rex

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1243 on: November 07, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »
as 'tired once so wisely stated, lol
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #1244 on: November 07, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »
here are some techo head questions, that i would love to have answered.

1. i live in the country.  there is no cable offered.  i have internet access.  it comes from the phone line into a modem where a dsl broadband line comes out of it into my computer.  100 mps speed i think.  can i have a wireless router so i can enjoi wireless things around my house?  or is it impossible to do with such internet access capability.

2. at the office i have wireless and broadband, and the wireless is horrible, so my partner and i want to split the connection of one dsl line for two computers.  are there such broadband splitters, and is one better than another?

huggs and kisses