Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 2029823 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1290 on: November 24, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »
and at some point Kosmo and I will discuss the pro's and cons of this new venture:

Why the new Zune Pass should be irresistible

The music industry has been stumbling and bumbling with subscription-based music services for years, and Iâ??ve been experimenting with them since the very beginning.

This week, Microsoft announced a sweeping change to its Zune Pass music service. The $15 monthly price tag is unchanged, as is the basic outline of the service, which gives you the right to download any album from the Zune Marketplace (an impressive collection, to be sure) and play it on any of three PCs or three Zune devices. Whatâ??s new is 10 free song credits per month, which allow you to turn a subscription-only track into a purchase. At the going rate of 99 cents per track, those 10 credits effectively lower the subscription portion of the service to 5 bucks a month. A 14-day free trial is available.

------------------

Considering 1/3 of the Zune collection is DRM free, I see this being my replacement for emusic.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #1291 on: November 26, 2008, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by very sonick:
  i'll run that by my wife (who works for ebay) and see if we can get something working!!!
Seriously? That would be awesome.  And I want no residuals except to be able to say this "I was bored one day and asked my friend who knows someone at eBay to build it for me.  And she did."

Oh, and I want to go first on the public release of the "I'm Feeling Lucky" ride!

I'm so giddy right now with excitement! I hope I win LEGOs! [/b]
Ok, so we have run into a snag here temporarily. See, as you are surely aware, Google and Ebay are competitors, pretty fierce competitors too.  Asking Ebay to adopt something directly from the Google site is .... risky at best.  We're looking into the fact that there may even be legal issues with having a button saying "I'm feeling Lucky" because that may be copyrighted.

Perhaps it can say something other than, I'm Feeling Lucky?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1292 on: November 26, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
"surprise me"
 "i have money to burn"
 "smack me"
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #1293 on: November 26, 2008, 10:43:00 am »
i like "smack me"  although that may no make sense to everyone!

vansmack

« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
Yes, that was the first ting I got back from my friend who's a lawyer for another major tech company. I think her exact quote was:

aside from the trademark that Google will hold on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button notes the [COMPANY] attorney...I like the idea.  You could go with "Smack Me" but I feel your ego would make it more unbearable than the "Bo Knows" campaign of the 80's...  :)
So "Smack Me" definitely needs to be the Project's code name but we need something for the final public launch.  I like the Grab Bag or Potpourri concept, but that not be hip enough.  Gambling theme? "Let it Ride"?
27>34

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1295 on: November 26, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »
I like "Gimme!"     It kind of says it all.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1296 on: November 26, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Yes, that was the first ting I got back from my friend who's a lawyer for another major tech company. I think her exact quote was:

aside from the trademark that Google will hold on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button notes the [COMPANY] attorney...I like the idea.  You could go with "Smack Me" but I feel your ego would make it more unbearable than the "Bo Knows" campaign of the 80's...   :)  
So "Smack Me" definitely needs to be the Project's code name but we need something for the final public launch.  I like the Grab Bag or Potpourri concept, but that not be hip enough.  Gambling theme? "Let it Ride"? [/b]
thats awesome
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1297 on: November 26, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »
I was going to head home an hour ago to start my weekend, but I got caught up reading Michael Lewis' essay on Portfolio:

The end of Wall Street's Boom

It'll take about an hour, and I'd wait until Friday lest yee ruin your Thanksgiving, but it's incredible.  I had to shut my door so people weren't bothered by me openly exclaiming "Holy Shit!"
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1298 on: December 02, 2008, 07:13:11 pm »
Dec 1, World AIDS Day, MSN is celebrating the launch of (RED)WIRE, (RED)'s new digital music magazine designed to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Some of the greatest artists on earth have contributed amazing songs to (RED)WIRE. Enjoy these world premieres throughout the day and sign up for (RED)WIRE for so much more.

If you're looking for samples of the songs, you can check them out here.

GREAT MUSIC - Get Exclusive music from the world's greatest artists...
DELIVERED WEEKLY - Every Wednesday, receive your new music automatically on your computer via your (RED)WIRE player.
SAVES LIVES - Join (RED)WIRE by paying $5 per month - half your fee goes to buy medicine to keep people living with HIV in Africa alive.

WHAT YOU GET
Each week's issue of (RED)WIRE contains...
EXCLUSIVE- An exclusive song from a major artist.
SHOWCASE - A song by an artist we want everyone to hear.
EXTRA - A fun or inspiring piece that's not music - a short video of someone telling a story, a slideshow of great photography, someone reading something they love.
IMPACT - Frequent updates from Africa - a window into the culture of the people receiving the medicine.

All your (RED)WIRE music is yours to keep - they are unprotected digital files. Play them as you'd like, burn them to a CD...enjoy.

HOW YOU GET IT.
Download the (RED)WIRE player which sits right on your desktop and alerts you every Wednesday to let you know your new issue is ready. The player lets you experience each issue of (RED)WIRE in an immersive, visual, magazine-like way. You'll have to see it to know what we mean.

PLAYED HERE. FELT IN AFRICA.
Half of your $5 monthly membership fee goes directly to The Global Fund to help buy and administer medicine to people in Africa living with HIV. It costs just $12 per month to provide someone the two pills a day they need to stay alive. So every five (RED)WIRE members generate enough money, every month, to help keep one person living with HIV in Africa alive. Simple. Powerful.
So think of it this way - you and four friends could do something amazing together.

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1299 on: December 03, 2008, 01:32:48 pm »
With less than 30 days to go, I get another prediction correct (what the hell took so long?!?!):

Gogo Inflight Internet Launches Commercially on Virgin America
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1300 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:02 pm »
And I'm sure only Sweetcell cares about this, but now that this has gone public I can talk about it.  Friends of mine work for One and Co. and that's how I knew how sweet the Diamond would be:

HTC Aquires SF based One and Co.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1301 on: December 03, 2008, 02:02:33 pm »
shweet.  i have another 7 months to go on my sprint contract, and once upon a time it was going to be a no-brainer: dump sprint and switch to at&t so i could get an iphone.  but if HTC keeps producing such nice devices, switching might not be such an easy decision after all.  TBD.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1302 on: December 03, 2008, 05:30:02 pm »
Look, I'm not saying I'm a genius or anything, but Netbooks Dominate Cyber Monday Sales.

Netbooks FTW!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1303 on: December 03, 2008, 06:02:41 pm »
Now that Venerable is going to be a dad, he feels awkward about sharing this kind of trash with the general public.  Good thing I don't - update your rental queue's...

Mr. Skin Reveals the Top 20 Celebrity Nude Scenes of 2008

Last update: 6:07 a.m. EST Dec. 1, 2008
CHICAGO, Dec 01, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Mr. Skin of MrSkin.com--the world's #1 resource for celebrity nudity news--has announced the Top 20 Celebrity Nude Scenes of 2008.
Mr. Skin has narrowed this year's bare bounty to 20 nude scenes from films that received their first official release in 2008, either theatrically or on DVD.

In addition, Mr. Skin has also picked the 10 Best TV Nude Scenes of 2008, in honor of his new site--MrSkin.TV--which features original Mr. Skin videos.

"Naked celebrities made 2008 great," proclaims Mr. Skin, "from nubile nudecomers like Sophie Monk to veteran vixens like Angelina Jolie. And all the nudity on TV this year finally made good on the term 'boob tube!'"

The Top 20 Celebrity Nude Scenes of 2008:
1. Mischa Barton - Closing the Ring
2. Sophie Monk - Sex and Death 101
3. Heather Graham - Adrift in Manhattan
4. Asia Argento - The Last Mistress
5. Neve Campbell - I Really Hate My Job
6. Anna Faris - The House Bunny
7. Amy Smart - Mirrors
8. Mena Suvari - Stuck
9. Laura Ramsey - The Ruins
10. Angelina Jolie - Wanted
11. Penelope Cruz - Elegy
12. Jessica Morris - Role Models
13. Willa Ford - Impulse
14. Carly Pope - YPF
15. Jenna Jameson - Zombie Strippers
16. Jess Weixler - Teeth
17 Moran Atias - Mother of Tears
18. Vera Farmiga - Never Forever
19. Maria Bello - Downloading Nancy
20. Amy Adams - Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

The Top 10 TV Nude Scenes of 2008:
1. Lizzy Caplan - True Blood (HBO)
2. Mary Louise Parker - Weeds (Showtime)
3. Anna Paquin - True Blood (HBO)
4. Arlene Tur - Crash (Starz)
5. Jenaveve Jolie - Entourage (HBO)
6. Caprice Benedetti - Brotherhood (Showtime)
7. Hayley Marie Norman - Crash (Starz)
8. Cerina Vincent - Manchild (Showtime)
9. Alicia Leigh Willis, Katherine Moennig - The L Word (Showtime)
10. Carla Gallo - Californication (Showtime)

For the complete skinny on Mr. Skin's Best Nude Scenes of 2008, visit MrSkin.com.

MrSkin.com is the Internet's number one online resource for nude celebrities, including the latest entertainment news and celebrity gossip. The website contains a comprehensive listing of many actresses and TV stars with clips, nude celebrity pictures, reviews, and ratings. MrSkin.com attracts more than 6.7 million unique visitors per month.
To interview Mr. Skin, contact Pete McMurray
SOURCE: Mr. Skin
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1304 on: December 04, 2008, 05:25:05 pm »
It's official, I'm voting for Jack Black for Governor.
27>34