Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1877045 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1965 on: September 01, 2010, 01:42:47 pm »
Ping.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1966 on: September 01, 2010, 01:59:51 pm »
ACK?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1967 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »
ACK?

It will be the end of this board as we know it....

iTunes 10 new feature:

"Ping is for social music discovery. You can follow people and you can be followed. Most artists will hold their hand up and say 'you can follow me' -- you can hold your hand up and say that as well, or you can say 'people can follow me but I have to approve who follows me.' Then you can set up a circle of friends. You can have you and your 10 buddies but no one else."
- Steve Jobs

27>34

walkonby

« Reply #1968 on: September 01, 2010, 03:04:06 pm »
have false idols that turn us away from one another . . . evolved this far?  somewhere a smitten satan smiles.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1969 on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:03 pm »
I love that you're asking that in an online forum, most probably sitting alone at your computer miles away from the nearest person...
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1970 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »
ACK?

It will be the end of this board as we know it....

iTunes 10 new feature:

"Ping is for social music discovery. You can follow people and you can be followed. Most artists will hold their hand up and say 'you can follow me' -- you can hold your hand up and say that as well, or you can say 'people can follow me but I have to approve who follows me.' Then you can set up a circle of friends. You can have you and your 10 buddies but no one else."
- Steve Jobs

yawn... I'm finding 8tracks.com the best place to discover new music these days
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #1971 on: September 01, 2010, 10:36:57 pm »
I love that you're asking that in an online forum, most probably sitting alone at your computer miles away from the nearest person...

there are about sixty people in my office when i write most of my junk on here.  and then at home, my husband running around in his underwear keeps me company.  plus on the forum . . . i don't get to limit access to who listens or who can listen to me, as if i am some god over others.  anything else you like to point out.

vansmack

« Reply #1972 on: September 02, 2010, 01:49:40 am »
yawn... I'm finding 8tracks.com the best place to discover new music these days

Of course that was tounge in cheeck. I haven't used iTunes or Live Nation/Ticketmaster as my primary (or even secondary) application for music or tickets in at least 5 years....

It does make last.fm the next apple target though.... 
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1973 on: September 02, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »
wow ping is off to rip roaring start  :P looks like the only artist profiles so far are the ones Apple is probably paying to setup.  and beyond biggest selling artists already there, are the rest going to want to maintain yet another profile?
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1974 on: September 02, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
wow ping is off to rip roaring start  :P looks like the only artist profiles so far are the ones Apple is probably paying to setup.  and beyond biggest selling artists already there, are the rest going to want to maintain yet another profile?

I think there was supposed to be a way to link to FB profiles but the feature had to be removed for some reason, which was probably why you couldn't download iTunes 10 until much later in the evening.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #1975 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:01 am »
I think there was supposed to be a way to link to FB profiles but the feature had to be removed for some reason, which was probably why you couldn't download iTunes 10 until much later in the evening.

Facebook opens the API up for minor use, but major use of the API (and thus server laod) requires an agreement with FB.  Apple and FB couldn't agree to terms, despite Apple demoing it at their press event.  Each are blaming each other, but until it gets worked out, there is no FB integration in iTunes 10.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1977 on: September 09, 2010, 02:17:02 pm »
TSTSNTK:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/02/technology/personaltech/02pogue.html

Too little, too late now.

My Epic has a WiMax/CDMA hotspot in it AND I don't have to sign a yearly contract.  So which makes more sense, $30 a month for unlimited 4G service with my existing device or $40 for unlimited 3G with an add on device that costs $150?

I suppose of you're not a Sprint customer, which David Pogue obviously isn't, you'd be excited about this too.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1978 on: September 14, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »
Sign me up....

27>34

walkonby

« Reply #1979 on: September 14, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »
Sign me up....

. . . for something that looks like it will break very easy.  fail.