Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1890470 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #3795 on: October 08, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »
God I am so lonely.

Try not to be. Vansmack will return in another week to bombard you with things he thinks you need to know.
If need be, I can fill in as I have before and cover technology. Please remember to read all my posts in here in a Morgan Freeman voice, if anyone wants me to do this.

TiVo crawled to 4k compliance through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile!
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #3796 on: October 08, 2015, 02:40:45 pm »
exactly...no one on this board is getting laid

I beg to differ:

Oh smack, that does appear to be a post-coital dong.

oword

« Reply #3797 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:45 pm »
Come on, go the extra mile and photoshop Smack's head onto the Bieb's bod.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #3798 on: October 08, 2015, 02:46:18 pm »
I have no idea what Vansmack looks like. In fact, the only two 9:30 people I would recognize out of a line-up are Sweetcell and, because of recently, Walkonby.
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3799 on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »
So since this is the defacto A/V thread...  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that none of the network ready Home Theater receivers support connections to wireless speakers, only wired speaker connectivity.  There are multi zone receivers that support wireless, but not the primary setup.   Is there such a setup?  I'd really like to have rear surround speakers and if possible wi-fi wireless and not bluetooth.  Looks like the Sonos is the only option out there that does wireless speakers for surround...  Wired rear speakers aren't really an option due to have concrete walls.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #3800 on: October 16, 2015, 02:02:38 pm »
So since this is the defacto A/V thread...  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that none of the network ready Home Theater receivers support connections to wireless speakers, only wired speaker connectivity.  There are multi zone receivers that support wireless, but not the primary setup.   Is there such a setup?  I'd really like to have rear surround speakers and if possible wi-fi wireless and not bluetooth.  Looks like the Sonos is the only option out there that does wireless speakers for surround...  Wired rear speakers aren't really an option due to have concrete walls.

Sorry - I forgot to put my out of office on.

You're about two months too late on this request.  Before I switched to SONOS I used this Rocketfish Product and sold mine for $50 to an audiophile on Craigslist who actually wrote me back to tell me how much he liked the product.

It allowed me to use wired speakers in the front and for the subwoofer and created a wireless connection to my rears (though wires wtill come out of the Rocketfish rear receiver, they just don't have to be strung across the whole room).  I found them a little low in volume, but if you have a separate volume control for your rears, just set that little higher than you main volume and it will balance out.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:08:43 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3801 on: October 16, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »
Ben Sherman's new owners are closing all US stores.  Deals to be had if you want to replace your wardrobe....
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3802 on: October 16, 2015, 10:12:20 pm »
So since this is the defacto A/V thread...  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that none of the network ready Home Theater receivers support connections to wireless speakers, only wired speaker connectivity.  There are multi zone receivers that support wireless, but not the primary setup.   Is there such a setup?  I'd really like to have rear surround speakers and if possible wi-fi wireless and not bluetooth.  Looks like the Sonos is the only option out there that does wireless speakers for surround...  Wired rear speakers aren't really an option due to have concrete walls.

Sorry - I forgot to put my out of office on.

You're about two months too late on this request.  Before I switched to SONOS I used this Rocketfish Product and sold mine for $50 to an audiophile on Craigslist who actually wrote me back to tell me how much he liked the product.

It allowed me to use wired speakers in the front and for the subwoofer and created a wireless connection to my rears (though wires wtill come out of the Rocketfish rear receiver, they just don't have to be strung across the whole room).  I found them a little low in volume, but if you have a separate volume control for your rears, just set that little higher than you main volume and it will balance out.

Cool I'd seen the Rocketfish and wondered how it performed.... It still seems that a wi-fi connected receiver would support wi-fi speakers, but most people can probably run wires for their speaker systems.  Plus, those wi-fi speakers aren't cheap..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3803 on: October 20, 2015, 06:51:31 pm »
Got a snap judgement on the new HTC A9?  My worry is that a higher end model will come out sooner rather than later and I'll have jumped to soon.  i've been very happy with my M7, but it's not getting marshmallow and it's battery life is a little wonky

and i'm fully aware that the new Nexus line looks pretty awesome, but would involve leaving my carrier to get it.   
T.Rex

« Reply #3804 on: October 21, 2015, 03:23:22 pm »
Do you have any preferences, brand-wise, for wifi LED lightbulbs?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:25:35 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3805 on: October 21, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »
Got a snap judgement on the new HTC A9?  My worry is that a higher end model will come out sooner rather than later and I'll have jumped to soon.  i've been very happy with my M7, but it's not getting marshmallow and it's battery life is a little wonky

and i'm fully aware that the new Nexus line looks pretty awesome, but would involve leaving my carrier to get it.   

I would never buy a mid-range phone on contract.  The A9 would fall into that category and would lock you into two years, but the phone won't last that long.  And if you're concerned about the battery life of a two year old M7, the 2150mAh battery of the A9 is going to make you very unhappy.

When is your two years up with the M7?  I expect the M10 to come out in the beginning of April, just like in the previous M's.  But if your two years is up now....

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3806 on: October 21, 2015, 03:42:26 pm »
Do you have any preferences, brand-wise, for wifi LED lightbulbs?

I have only used Philips Hue WiFi bulbs, but that's mainly because I was given a Lux Starter Kit to try out and was told to keep them.  They only did white, which was fine, because I only used them in the bedroom as I found them most convenient when I would get in bed and forgot to turn the lights out.   They were easy to use, easy to set up, and I'd imagine the color ones would be the same.

My new house, though, is 95% track lighting so I did not bring them with me (I gave them to a neighbor).
27>34

walk,on,by

« Reply #3807 on: October 21, 2015, 04:39:37 pm »
what . . . thats it?  post of picture of beibers beiber and then right on back to phone talk?  good lord.  like really, man.  I wonder what he feeds that thing.

ggw

« Reply #3808 on: October 26, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »
Nope.  Just a once proud Audi A3 TDI owner with 80,000 miles on it, that might never meet CA Emissions standards.

Vansmack's car - Causes cancer

vansmack

« Reply #3809 on: October 26, 2015, 12:21:26 pm »
Nope.  Just a once proud Audi A3 TDI owner with 80,000 miles on it, that might never meet CA Emissions standards.

Vansmack's car - Causes cancer

I will be one of the named plaintiffs in the suit, at least in California.
27>34