Author Topic: Recher Theatre via Public Transport  (Read 1195 times)

mkf3

Recher Theatre via Public Transport
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »
Is there any feasible way to get to Towson, MD via Public Transport? I was thinking maybe the MARC train to Camden Yard...?

Or is it just better to drive? I always get lost driving out to the Baltimore area.

paul3mac

Re: Recher Theatre via Public Transport
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
I assume you mean coming from DC?  Public transport may be possible in some sort of very roundabout way, but it would be much easier to drive.  295 or 95 N to 695 N to Exit 27

alex

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »
It's a long drive from DC, but really simple.  Since it's on the north end of the Baltimore beltway, I'd imagine that taking public transport would be an all day ordeal, and you'd probably get stranded for the night after the show is over.

If you drive, just take 95 to 695 West (Baltimore Beltway Inner Loop).  Take the York Road south exit towards Towson, then at the traffic circle in "downtown" Towson, go straight through, continuing on York Road and the Recher is immediately there on your left.  

You can find plenty of metered street parking or cheap garage parking around there, we usually park in the library garage, which you can find if you take a left on Chesapeake Ave, about two blocks from the Recher.  I think it only costs $1 on weeknights.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by mkf3:
  Is there any feasible way to get to Towson, MD via Public Transport? I was thinking maybe the MARC train to Camden Yard...?

nope.

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
You could take the marc train to Martin State Airport and then take a taxi, but it would be crazy expensive and you wouldn't be able to take the Marc train back.

So, that's a second for no.

stu47

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
nope....just do the beltway to york road thing

your problem with the public transportation is youll get stranded overnight...id say do something  like get the light rail out of downtown to either mt.washington station or timonium and taxi/bus it into towson, but I really doubt youll be done in time to catch the light rail back down, let alone the marc

mkf3

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:43:00 am »
Sounds good! Driving for the Streetlight Manifesto show it is! Thanks!!

shoelaces22

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 11:50:00 am »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  You could take the marc train to Martin State Airport and then take a taxi, but it would be crazy expensive and you wouldn't be able to take the Marc train back.

So, that's a second for no.
I've taken the MARC into Penn Station and then a cab to the venue, and I think it was about $30.  I had a friend who was able to drive me to the train station to get the last Amtrak of the night going back into DC, but I had to miss half of the headliner's set to get there in time.

I'm another who would vote that if driving is an option, it's a much better one.