Author Topic: Mic Harrison & The High Score Roll Call  (Read 963 times)

Lamb007

Mic Harrison & The High Score Roll Call
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
Anybody else headed out to JV's in Falls Church tonight? Should be a good time if you're a fan of the V-Roys, Superdrag, etc. They're playing two sets so I'm guessing they'll be throwing out just about everything they know (which likely means a Johnny Paycheck cover or two).

And it's only $5. http://www.jvsrestaurant.com/

By the way, anyone ever been to JV's? In my head, I'm picturing a slightly bigger version of the Royal Lee.

Re: Mic Harrison & The High Score Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
My suburban rockabilly/old country loving 50something, chainsmoking, Diet Coke (with Jack when not at work) guzzling senior management government co-worker is always inviting me to go to shows at JV's.

I haven't taken him up on the offer yet, but that's what I imagine the JV's clientele to be like.

Then again, I've been known to be wrong when making generalizations about groups of people.

Lamb007

Re: Mic Harrison & The High Score Roll Call
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  that's what I imagine the JV's clientele to be like.
Sounds like a far more enjoyable clientele than say the folks at a Clap Your Hands Say Yeah or Ryan Adams show. I'm imagining none of the T-shirts I see tonight are being worn for irony.

It's a shame the V-Roys fans have embraced Scott Miller but have largely ignored Mic's recent stuff.