Author Topic: TRAVEL WARNING!  (Read 2825 times)

Frank Gallagher

TRAVEL WARNING!
« on: February 15, 2005, 06:30:00 am »
Because of the worlds hatred for hee-haw Dubya, some Americans have been severely beaten in Waterford and Dublin. A spokesperson for the government have said this is a very worrying trend.

In Waterford, three American basketball players suffered broken jaws, fractured skulls and other serious injuries after being taunted by chants such as "fuckers want to rule the world" then were attacked by a gang of youths. In Dublin an American student was seriously injured after being stoned by a group of Irish youths.

The Irish military is on full alert for fear of reprisals in the form of night air-raids from the Bush administration.

(I made the last bit up!)

Re: TRAVEL WARNING!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
Who let the Irish in?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 09:19:00 am »
A radio talk show host made a good comment on the subject this morning.

"If it weren't for the two countries the Irish seem to have the most disdain for, England and America, we'd all be speaking German and goose-stepping down Grafton Street"

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

In Waterford, three American basketball players suffered broken jaws, fractured skulls and other serious injuries after being taunted by chants such as "fuckers want to rule the world" then were attacked by a gang of youths. In Dublin an American student was seriously injured after being stoned by a group of Irish youths.
makes up for the 2 micks i kicked the shite out of in the alley behind my house last night  ;)

Guiny

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
The Irish military is on alert? Boy I bet all the bad people in the world are shaking their ass's off with fear.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  The Irish military is on alert? Boy I bet all the bad people in the world are shaking their ass's off with fear.
he said he made that last part up. try to follow along here big guy  ;)

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 10:20:00 am »
Hey, usually you hate my responses when I first wake up and am not thinking right. Now I try to think cause I'm wide awake and you still don't like them. Is there any pleasing you?  :p

jkeisenh

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
that's better than what chinese offer american tourists, no disdain or bad feelings involved, which is staring at you, sometimes following you around, and, in the backcountry, sitting the whole village outside your tent in order to get a glimpse when you wake up.  it's a whole different kind of torture.

tenfifteen

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  A radio talk show host made a good comment on the subject this morning.

"If it weren't for the two countries the Irish seem to have the most disdain for, England and America, we'd all be speaking German and goose-stepping down Grafton Street"
Was the talk show host Ann Coulter or Sean Hannnity? I realize victory over the Nazis 60 years ago is just continued justification for everything America does, and the de facto "silencer" to every argument involving the U.S. and any other country, but boy it gets tiresome.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
   Is there any pleasing you?   :p  
well, now that you ask.......

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  that's better than what chinese offer american tourists, no disdain or bad feelings involved, which is staring at you, sometimes following you around, and, in the backcountry, sitting the whole village outside your tent in order to get a glimpse when you wake up.  it's a whole different kind of torture.
huh?

jkeisenh

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

huh? [/b]
They stare at you.  They follow you arround and stare at you.  They sit next to your tent and stare at you.  They stand next to your dinner table while you're eating and stare at you.  Sometimes they follow for blocks, staring.  Sometimes a whole group will collect, staring.  It's really disturbing, especially when you're alone.  They don't want anything, and they don't really want to say anything.  They just want to stare.

Celeste

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
that's interesting. my sister (who would get stares even in the states with the way she parades around) didn't mention anything about this after her trip to China. she was mainly traveling in the cities, though, with a group...

oh well, I guess that's the price one has to pay...

ratioci nation

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
  They stare at you.  They follow you arround and stare at you.  They sit next to your tent and stare at you.  They stand next to your dinner table while you're eating and stare at you.  Sometimes they follow for blocks, staring.  Sometimes a whole group will collect, staring.  It's really disturbing, especially when you're alone.  They don't want anything, and they don't really want to say anything.  They just want to stare.
you sure you didnt just need to blow your nose?   :D

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
Well there was that creepy middle aged businessman type who was very "gregarious"...

Originally posted by Celeste:
  that's interesting. my sister (who would get stares even in the states with the way she parades around) didn't mention anything about this after her trip to China. she was mainly traveling in the cities, though, with a group...

oh well, I guess that's the price one has to pay...