Author Topic: Iota on Thursday  (Read 1872 times)

boweswana

Iota on Thursday
« on: February 15, 2005, 10:26:00 am »
the Pharmacy Prophets (my band) are playing at Iota this thursday with exit Clov and Brother Seamus.  Should be an interesting bill of three very different bands.  I'm looking forward to it immensely.

All are welcome and loved and appreciated of course.

boweswana

Re: Iota on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:16:00 pm »
Bumpity bump bump

LostSoul

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:22:00 pm »
Exit Clov, huh?  I think I'll stay away from that one...

Or maybe I'll come after they've played.  What is your set time?

boweswana

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
11:00.  We play last.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
What is wrong with Exit Clov? Every review says that the twins are beautiful.

Originally posted by Lost Soul:
  Exit Clov, huh?  I think I'll stay away from that one...

Or maybe I'll come after they've played.  What is your set time?

Bartelby

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:02:00 am »
That was a really kickin' show last night at the Iota.  Missed the opener, but Exit Cov was really interesting; and I think I'll order-up a cd or two.  I liked the vocals.

The Pharmacy Prophets were awesome; great rock - incredible wailing lead guitar; good vocals and harmonies; baseplayer/drummer got everyone shaking their asses; yep - fans MOVING and dancing; and they did a bluesy song that was so sexy,  even the windows were sweating - good thing it don't go on longer!  I had a great time, and will positively go to their next local show.  (One negative, tho.  Iota GETS THE AWARD FOR RUDEST BAR CROWD. It made last Fri.'s BC crowd look almost polite. For Christ's sake:  Did you have to talk and scream thru the whole show?  Why didn't you just go up the street to Whitlow's.  You wankers, it's a MUSIC club.  This wasn't a prob. with Phar. Prophets; their initial blast of music chased the screamers out...

boweswana

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Hey Suki - thanks for hanging out and being part of the night.  We had a great time and I'm glad you did as well.

That was fucking weird with the nonstop hollering, Iota is rarely like that.  Thank god for volume knobs.

I thought exit Clov and Brother Seamus were both great last night and not in a "I have to say I think they were great" kind of way.  

Cheers!

Steve

Bartelby

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
Ahem...that would be bass player; unless we're talking about basejumping...sorry.  Where's Eddie when we need him....

boweswana

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
?????

I'm not following.  My brain hurts today.  Which bass player and or base jumper are we talking about?

Bartelby

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
Here's a secret:  I morphed in front of your eyes. My earlier write-up said "baseplayer/drummer"...so I corrected it. (Eddie is/was a moderator here who also morphed.)  We could have been discussing "free basing" but I think that involves something illegal.  BTW:  the Phar. Prophet's "base" player is a sexy guy too.  :cool:

eltee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Suki:
 (One negative, tho.  Iota GETS THE AWARD FOR RUDEST BAR CROWD. It made last Fri.'s BC crowd look almost polite. For Christ's sake:  Did you have to talk and scream thru the whole show?  Why didn't you just go up the street to Whitlow's.  )
I second that. Last week, I went to a show and it was well, the first show since the early days of Iota that I could hear the artist and there was no talking.

boweswana

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
Ahhh......I got it now!  My brain really IS tired today.

Guiny

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
 I second that. Last week, I went to a show and it was well, the first show since the early days of Iota that I could hear the artist and there was no talking. [/QB]
Maybe everybody fell asleep.

boweswana

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
Ramblings about the show and stuff....

Castor Oil

With one of a kind hand drawn artwork!!

Bartelby

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 05:05:00 pm »
Hey, Pharmacist:  great blog stuff.  I watched him rockin' out for almost an hour!  Where's Mr. White when we need him? I think we're catching up with the NYC fans with our feigned indifference (and incessant yacking)! NOT   :cool: