Author Topic: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!  (Read 18375 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 12:19:00 am »
change migration plans!
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 12:20:00 am »
Originally posted by manniq416:
  AGREED! Can.not.wait!!!!!   :D  
What section will you be in?
FUKIT

manniq416

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 12:22:00 am »
I'll be in 415... it was all that was left by the time I got to ticketmaster.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 12:44:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Philly.  Ill be in section 113 row G.  Drop by to say hello.  My friend Kim who hits most of the 930 shows will be with me.  Sorry but I will be wearing Orange and Black!
(a) will do my best to drop by, if door/gate attendent let me through, and (b) you're a brave man - not that caps fans are that crazy.  i sure wouldn't wear a washington jersey to games 3 and 4!

i'll be in section 421 - oddly enough, by choice.  my buddy asked that i buy the cheapest tix possible.  he's recently become a father so understandably he has other priorities, but i now wish i had subsidized his ticket and bought something a little better.  oh well, at least i'll be in arena when the madness hits.

change migration plans!
yeah, i probably will... it's not as if i can be any more in the dog house... <shrug>
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 01:14:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Philly.  Ill be in section 113 row G.  Drop by to say hello.  My friend Kim who hits most of the 930 shows will be with me.  Sorry but I will be wearing Orange and Black!
(a) will do my best to drop by, if door/gate attendent let me through, and (b) you're a brave man - not that caps fans are that crazy.  i sure wouldn't wear a washington jersey to games 3 and 4!

i'll be in section 421 - oddly enough, by choice.  my buddy asked that i buy the cheapest tix possible.  he's recently become a father so understandably he has other priorities, but i now wish i had subsidized his ticket and bought something a little better.  oh well, at least i'll be in arena when the madness hits.

change migration plans!
yeah, i probably will... it's not as if i can be any more in the dog house... <shrug> [/b]
In 1997 I was in the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh for an Aerosmith concert.  I was in the fan club and had seats on the floor about the 6th row.  Anyway I was there early as usual and all these people were looking at me like they wanted to kick my ass.  Im all thining "Man I know I am from the south but I havent opened my mouth yet for them to hear the accent".  About 5 minutes later I realized I have my Flyers jersey on.  OOPS.  I slowly made my way back to my chair, took it off and slid it under my jacket.

I am a Flyers fan from WAY back.  Decades ago, the AHL affiliate team was here in Richmond.  Long before the caps even existed.  Been a fan ever since.  I also play the gane (VERY poorly since I did not start skating until I was 40) and think its the best sport going by far!

The dog house keeps the rain off your head!

Check your PM.  I'll give you my cell and you can txt me at the game.  Is theer a good place to eat pre-game where we coudl mayeb all meet up?  Well that is if you will allow me to be the token flyers fan in the group!  Ill be up all day since I am going to the Joe Jackson show the night before.  No need to make two trips up and back in two days.
FUKIT

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 06:54:00 am »
What position do you play?

Originally posted by manniq416:
  We're going to the playoffs!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:00 am »
 Is theer a good place to eat pre-game where we coudl mayeb all meet up?  Well that is if you will allow me to be the token flyers fan in the group!
i'm a fan of RFD's, on seventh just north of H.  great beer selection, kick-ass buffalo burger.  i'll probably be eating there.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:00 am »
  eff.  wed or thur would have worked for me, but i'm supposed to migrate home on fridays.  

decisions decisions...
i'd wait til they dispose of Philly and buy second round tickets. then you can watch Ovie play Crosby.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
NEW YORK  -- Washington Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin has joined an elite group of players who, in the same season, have won the Art Ross Trophy for the National Hockey League scoring championship as well as the Maurice Richard Trophy for being the Leagueâ??s top goal scorer, while Detroit Red Wings goaltenders Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood have captured the 2007-08 William Jennings Trophy as the goaltenders for the club finishing the season having surrendered the fewest goals.

The awards will be presented at a media event to be conducted during the Stanley Cup Final.

Ovechkin won the Art Ross Trophy by finishing the season with 112 points (65 goals, 47 assists), six more than Evgeni Malkin of the Pittsburgh Penguins (47-59--106) and 14 more than Calgary Flames right wing Jarome Iginla (50-48--98).

Ovechkinâ??s League-leading goal total, an NHL record for left wings and the highest in the NHL since Mario Lemieux had 69 in 1995-96, made Ovechkin the first Russian-born player to win both trophies in the same season. Atlantaâ??s Ilya Kovalchuk finished second to Ovechkin with 52 goals, with Iginla third.

Ovechkin becomes only the sixth player in the past 37 years to lead the League in goals and points in the same season, joining a group that includes Phil Esposito (1970-71 through 1973-74), Guy Lafleur (1977-78), Wayne Gretzky (1981-82 through 1984-85, plus 1986-87), Mario Lemieux (1987-88, 1988-89) and Iginla (2001-02).

Osgood appeared in 43 games and Hasek in 41, with each surrendering 84 goals as the Red Wings finished with the most points in the League (115) and the fewest goals against (184).

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

Is theer a good place to eat pre-game where we coudl mayeb all meet up?  Well that is if you will allow me to be the token flyers fan in the group!
i'm a fan of RFD's, on seventh just north of H.  great beer selection, kick-ass buffalo burger.  i'll probably be eating there. [/b]
Sounds good.  Hit me with a text or call when you are headed over.  We will try to meet you there.  I'll be at the club Thrusday night for Joe Jackson as well.  I'll save the orange and black for Friday though!
FUKIT

dfmcpete

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »
Stubhub prices are ridiculous. F that. Any chance I'll get tix closer to face from day-of scalpers at the Verizon Center?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
always worth a try.  you might need to miss a few minutes of the first period, as i'd expect that prices won't drop until after face-off.

also, keep an eye on craigslist.  occasionally face-priced tickets pop up there although this is probably less likely for the playoffs.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »
While helping a friend (caps fan even) here in Richmond look for tickets, I saw a few ads on C's List for tickets at face from season ticket holders.  Ads said you had to pick up your tikcets wearing your Caps jersey though...  :)   I hope you find tickets.
FUKIT

dfmcpete

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »
The caps-fans-only clause pretty much eliminates me   :)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »
Not to flare back up the Caps/Pens hate-spew, but the Pens team photo for this year might be the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time...

http://downloads.penguins.nhl.com/wallpapers/team/1920_teamphotoice.jpg