Author Topic: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!  (Read 18374 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: C-A-P-S! CAPS CAPS CAPS!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:00 am »
Those who went to the game witnessed this but reading about it, I mean DAMN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3342832
FUKIT

nike4o1

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »
Does anyone have the presale password for tomorrows presale for possible Home games 3 and 4 for round 1?????

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »
my foray into the rafters was a blast, but today i'm back down on the main concourse.  i lost an ebay auction for seats near the top, but then ticketmaster gave me the gift of section 112 row d late last night.  

LET'S GO CAPS!

sonickteam2

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »
i just still cant believe i went to almost every game for 3 years and now all of a sudden they win 10 games or so at the end of the year and all of DC is going to games now.

i know good teams call for better attendance but jeeeez....i even saw an Ovechkin jersey in Baltimore on Friday, the first one i've seen in 3 years.  i hope all these fans are still around come October.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »
Well the series is now on!  Bother games in DC were tough.  Again it boilded down to the Flyers being ble to control #8.  They couldnt in gamne one (not for the whoel game anyway), but they did in game 2.  The outcomes were directly related to this (IMHO).  Now on to Philly to see what happens next.  You gotta love playoff hockey!
FUKIT

Winger03

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »
caps fans, you should be proud of yourselves......way to show up in the last 5 or 6 games of the season!  you really know how to support a team through thick and thin, kudos.  now you LOVE the caps!  wow, what a bozo fanbase.

on a side note, mike green is a douchebag.  there are two peeple that overcame the dork-factor assumed by tucking in their jersey:  gretzky and jagr. even with those guys it's pretty dorky.  what a tool.  tuck it in Green, you're the man!

Driveway

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »
Game 5 is on sale now.  I'll be there.

PS "Rock the Red" shirts are MUCH cheaper at Modells.  They are $10 less to be exact.  Everyone probably knew this already, but I just found it yesterday.  It fits great too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »
if someone could please PM me the presale password, i'd be very grateful.  i can't make game 5 (home game 3), but would be willing to take a chance on game 7 tickets.  presale is only on for another hour and a half...

Originally posted by nike4o1:
  Does anyone have the presale password for tomorrows presale for possible Home games 3 and 4 for round 1?????
this person is a known scalper.  request: please do not post the password directly here.  please keep it to PMs.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 11:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  if someone could please PM me the presale password, i'd be very grateful.  i can't make game 5 (home game 3), but would be willing to take a chance on game 7 tickets.  presale is only on for another hour and a half...

Originally posted by nike4o1:
this person is a known scalper.  request: please do not post the password directly here.  please keep it to PMs. [/b]
ORANGE you getting a little scared now?  (Inside joke there.)
FUKIT

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2008, 07:55:00 am »
the flyers are a better team

the capitals have a better player

I just dont see how the latter wins out in a
  7-game series.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
i hope you're wrong about that sonick, except for the "7 game" part since i just picked up tickets for it  :)

wow... seats available this morning were just as bad as during the presale last night.  ugh.  after numerous tries at seeing what's available, i'm under the impression that they've eliminate the $37 price-point in the name of revenue maximization... i.e. all the upper cheapies are $50.  did anyone get a $37 seat for game 5 or 7?

so i had to go for $50 seats - which are NO better than the $37 ones we had last week!  

now let's pray that i get to use those tickets, and not lose $23 on non-refundable TM fees.  goddam racket they got going there - rape you if you do, rape you if you don't... sigh.
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  the flyers are a better team

Based on what?
 Better special teams, that's about it. And that is kinda a wash since the Flyer's have shown a tendency to rack up high PIMs.

They're pretty evenly matched.
 Semin, Green, Backstrom, Huet have shown the Caps are more than Ovie. (Just not yesterday.)

aces

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 so i had to go for $50 seats - which are NO better than the $37 ones we had last week!  

now let's pray that i get to use those tickets, and not lose $23 on non-refundable TM fees.  goddam racket they got going there - rape you if you do, rape you if you don't... sigh.
Prolly the best way to get tickets--especially if you don't want to be accused of being a fair-weather fan--is to do what I did: sign up for season tickets for next year and get super savings on playoff tix w/NO service charge.  My GF and I enjoyed games 1 and 2 in great $50 uppers for $19 each!

Plus, you get billed after each round is over.  No play, no pay.

The only downside to all this may come on 4/22.  I hope like hell Lou Reed gets another opener, or that the series doesn't go 7 games!

Driveway

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:00 am »
I might have an extra e-ticket for this weekend's game if anyone is looking for one at face.  I can't wait.  I don't get CSN so I can't even watch most of the games...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »
Well now we have had a third hard fought game in a row.  Series is still a long way from over.  For the second game in a row the Flyers looked to be out playing the Caps.  A few questionable calls in the game, but I have to say most went the Flyers way.  Being a hockey player myself, I would have been livid had that penalty shot been awarded to an opponent.  One of the handful of requirements to award the penalty shot is that the penalized player does not get a shot off and pretty damn clearly Huet had to make a save on the play.  Game #4 will be very interesting to say the least and I'm not so sure I want to be in the Verizon center for game #5!  :)   You gotta love playoff hockey...
FUKIT