Author Topic: Ambulance LTD - RNR Hotel - 4-7-08  (Read 1416 times)

serpent boy

Ambulance LTD - RNR Hotel - 4-7-08
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »
Who's going?

It sounds like Marcus and his new backing band are playing a nice mix of old stuff and new tracks ("Coco," "Focus," "Upsetter").

Any idea what time they'll hit the stage? 10:30 pm?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Ambulance LTD - RNR Hotel - 4-7-08
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »
Saw them Friday night at Maxwells with Bear Hands (local band from BK) and Wild Light. Wild Light were awesome - as always and are worth catching. They even have some new songs that theyre playing (for those that have seen them a few times already).

Ambulance were in top form. Marcus sounds great. An awesome mix of all their stuff. They played for about an hour with a pseudo-encore. As in they never left the stage, but said this would have been the encore. Their encore was Primitive and another song. So worth seeing!
HeyLa

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:16:00 am »
I will definitely be there. I'm a big  Wild Light fan, and I'm also curious to hear Ambulance's new stuff. Looking forward to it! (And I do think they'll be on at 10:30.)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I will definitely be there. I'm a big  Wild Light fan, and I'm also curious to hear Ambulance's new stuff. Looking forward to it! (And I do think they'll be on at 10:30.)
let me know how wild light are...their vocals were really lacking - and they didnt sound as tight (my guess sound problems). also not as much bouncing around to other instruments like usual. but i still love them. and my all time fav song from them "F*** California, F*** San Francisco"  :)  

The last comment during Ambulance's encore from a guy behind me "Turn up the vocals"
HeyLa

serpent boy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:00:00 am »
I love this band. Marcus sounded brilliant, and the new backing band didn't miss a beat.

Setlist:
 1.) Heavy Lifting
 2.) Ophelia
 3.) Dark E
 4.) Coco
 5.) New Song (Vision?)
 6.) Upsetter
 7.) Anecdote
 8.) Ladyfingers
 9.) New Song (Come Together?)
 10.) Stay Where You Are
 11.) New Song (Exodus?)
 12.) New English
 13.) Ivy
 ---
 14.) Primitive
 15.) Young Urban

I spoke to Marcus after the performance and he said that their record company is bankrupt and he has no idea if the band can be released from its contract. So, Ambulance's future is in limbo. He said most of the new stuff they're working on is going to have an "Ivy" kind of feel, which is definitely a good sign.

All song titles are confirmed minus 5, 9, and 11.