Author Topic: The Black Angels & Tone - 11/4 - TONIGHT  (Read 1089 times)

showstopper

The Black Angels & Tone - 11/4 - TONIGHT
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
Tonight - Sunday November 4

The Black Angels

"Are they black?" (Iggy Pop)

"'Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out'... bluesy pools of garage-scum shame mongering." (SPIN)

"...perfect for quiet Saturday nights at home on the couch with a fifth of whiskey." (BUST Magazine)

"This is an advance warning: you will want to claim early ownership of the Black Angels." (Sydney Morning Herald)

"They meld together chunks of psychedelia and metal, slathered in a fuzzy drone ... sounding as if it could have been recorded in the '60s. This is classic stoner-metal rock, which is best listened to at extreme volumes. I am totally a fan of the band's self-proclaimed 'Native American Drone N' Roll' sound, and chances are you will be too." (Tripwire)

"The Black Angels could be your new favorite band." (Splendid)

"This band is purely American... getting musical and visual inspiration from the drone and dread of late 60s psychedelica..." (CMJ Monthly)

w/Spindrift & DC's Tone

8pm @ Rock and Roll Hotel

Monday - November 5

The Warlocks
 Darker My Love

8pm @ Rock and Roll Hotel

"BITCH BITCH, MOAN MOAN, ALWAYS FROM PEOPLE WITH NO INVOLVEMENT IN THE CLUB OR MUSIC INDUSTRY" - Elvis Presley

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: The Black Angels & Tone - 11/4 - TONIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
Tonight - Sunday November 4

The Black Angels

FUCK!

Monday - November 5

The Warlocks
 Darker My Love

DOUBLE FUCK!

Can't make it to either show.   :(    :(  

Love The Black Angels and would love to see Darker My Love. In fact, almost played the Darker My Love CD last night but opted for SIANspheric instead. It's times like this that I wished that I lived in DC.

Please let me know how these shows go.

anarchist

Re: The Black Angels & Tone - 11/4 - TONIGHT
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 02:36:00 am »
black angels would be much better with a different vocalist.