Author Topic: BLISS Sat. 5/27: Special live performance by THE ROSEBUD  (Read 3655 times)

Whycontrol

BLISS Sat. 5/27: Special live performance by THE ROSEBUD
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:18:00 pm »
BLISS dance party is proud to present a special, Black Cat Mainstage event with live performance at 11:00 p.m. by THE ROSEBUDS

The Rosebuds?? joyful enthusiasm for their craft shines through on every note and BLISS crowds have been shakin?? it to the band since their first demo. Their debut full length, "The Rosebuds Make Out," caused a ruckus among fans and critics alike and the band??s latest, "Birds Make Good Neighbors," is a beautiful collection of songs from a band that continues to gather momentum. When the Rosebuds hit the road with their infectious and high energy live shows fans are converted across the country. Ivan and Kelly from the band shook their stuff and signed autographs at BLISS back in October 2004 and now we??re proud to welcome them back for a full performance! Let the Rosebuds set harmony and melody to work on your heart and swinging feet as they join BLISS host DJ Will Eastman this

BLISS dance party
 Saturday May 27
 Black Cat Mainstage
 1811 14th Street (@ S Street)
 9:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
 All Ages $9

http://www.blisspop.com
 May Hit Parade posted now.

Official D.C. release party with giveaways for The Futureheads?? ??News and Tributes? (courtesy Vagrant/StarTime Int'l) and Be Your Own Pet??s self-titled (courtesy Filter Media) 9:30 pm

Bags

Re: BLISS Sat. 5/27: Special live performance by THE ROSEBUD
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:57:00 pm »
Does this ever sell out, the way that Mousetrap did/does (I don't even know if they still do Mousetrap, but for a while there it was a GREAT regular happening!)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 07:14:00 pm »
Bliss always has a healthy crowd, especially after 11pm, but thank god it doesn't get packed in like Mousetrap...  Mousetrap for years now has been too crowded to really dance or have much fun.   When clubs start having an hour wait to get in, that's when I start going elsewhere.

I also prefer Bliss because they don't play the same stuff every month.

Here, this'll give you a pretty good idea of what it's like...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capitolcityrock/sets/72057594117576456/
_\|/_

Bags

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:08:00 pm »
That Will Eastman is CUTE!  I wouldn't mind a bit if he'd make me a mix tape!!

We're definitely going to be there, I was just wondering when to show.  I think 10-10:30 will be the sweet spot....

• my blog
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:20:00 pm »
yeah 10:30 is a good time.  Normally I'd be there but I'm out of town for the long weekend... next month perhaps!
_\|/_

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »
I've always wanted to go to one of these black cat dance nights.  Which ones are good?  And, do people actually dance?  I think Grace is the only other person I've ever seen dance in DC in my entire lifetime.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  I've always wanted to go to one of these black cat dance nights.  Which ones are good?  And, do people actually dance?  I think Grace is the only other person I've ever seen dance in DC in my entire lifetime.
Mousetrap is so fun.  People definitely dance, it always ends up being a good time.

you be betty

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:00 pm »
definitely see my friend in those fort reno pictures.  pretty sure i see myself.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »
Speaking of Fort Reno. . does anyone know when the bands for this summer will be announced?

you be betty

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 10:49:00 pm »
ugh.  i WISH.  i check the site every day in anticipation...

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 11:09:00 pm »
YouBeBetty, people definitely dance at Bliss... at times, it becomes a frenzy, belying one of the great myths that DC people don't dance.  Only some DC people don't dance!

The Rosebuds are worth seeing too...
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
i'm still partial to  liberation dance party ... i like the videos
(o|o)

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »
I like the DJ at Liberation too, he's a good guy and he's got great taste in music.  Unfortunately the one time I went recently, the place was almost dead except for one fat guy dancing by himself on stage (he was doing this at Bliss too).   Was that an off night?
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 08:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by D O C T O R D O O O O O M:
  I like the DJ at Liberation too, he's a good guy and he's got great taste in music.  Unfortunately the one time I went recently, the place was almost dead except for one fat guy dancing by himself on stage (he was doing this at Bliss too).   Was that an off night?
there's always one weird guy dancing alone every time i've been, and usually the same one, i think he just makes the rounds around town

i've gone, i dunno, 6 or 7 times ... every time i've gotten there before 12 or so, it's dead, but it's always filled up around 12-1am ... might have just been an off night

the videos really seal the deal
(o|o)

you be betty

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 08:31:00 pm »
haha that would be me