Author Topic: Japancakes' cover of Loveless  (Read 727 times)

azaghal1981

Japancakes' cover of Loveless
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:23:00 am »
Has anyone else heard this yet?

I was skeptical upon hearing about it (all instrumental note-for-note cover of the whole album with everything being very pronounced and cello/pedal steel in place of the vocals) but surprisingly, it's really, really good. They didn't try to reproduce anything from the original except for the notation; everything else is completely their own and it works perfectly.
احمد

nkotb

Re: Japancakes' cover of Loveless
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
I downloaded it from eMusic last month.  It's definitely a lot better than I was expecting, although I'm not sure how often I would listen to it in the future.  

While I can listen to Loveless any time, the Japancakes version definitely strikes me as mood music; I'd have to be in the right mind set to put it on.  Still, it's pretty amazing that they could carry so much of the original over.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Has anyone else heard this yet?

I was skeptical upon hearing about it (all instrumental note-for-note cover of the whole album with everything being very pronounced and cello/pedal steel in place of the vocals) but surprisingly, it's really, really good. They didn't try to reproduce anything from the original except for the notation; everything else is completely their own and it works perfectly.