Author Topic: Middle Distance Runner CD release show  (Read 1013 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Middle Distance Runner CD release show
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:24:00 pm »
Tomorrow (5/27/06) at Iota which I can't attend because it's off to see Pearl Jam in Camden for moi..

Just got a copy of the final product and will have to say WOW what a great debut.  It's not perfect but for a band just getting going they are confident and talented enough to produce both radio friendly singles paired with a couple epic tracks.  Well crafted songs nothing sounding the same, I'm in no way a Radiohead Scholar so can't honestly compare MDR to them, but I still enjoy it none the less.  This self produced and released CD should garner them as much praise and attention as was given CYHSY, but they'll have to work that much harder to get it as they don't have that Brooklyn cred to given them a leg up.

addendum: While the record isn't groundbreaking it's great in the same way the Voxtrot EPs are, just quality songwriting and performances.

http://www.middledistancerunner.com/
T.Rex

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Middle Distance Runner CD release show
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
IOTA IS FOR LOSERS

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »
Now why would you say that, child?

Originally posted by you be betty:
  IOTA IS FOR LOSERS

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
once when i was 16 or 17 i went w/my dad to iota to see jason & the scorchers and they let me in since i had a guardian or whatnot. but then we tried it again a few months later and no dice, and we never tried again.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 03:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 [QB] Tomorrow (5/27/06) at Iota which I can't attend because it's off to see Pearl Jam in Camden for moi..
don't get killed...I heard Camden is the most violent city in America.
(_|_)

you be betty

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
21 and up losers...

eltee

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  21 and up losers...
Your reasoning is generally more legitimized than that...  :)

you be betty

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »
oh, i know.  i'm just being silly.

Sage 703

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Tomorrow (5/27/06) at Iota which I can't attend because it's off to see Pearl Jam in Camden for moi..

Just got a copy of the final product and will have to say WOW what a great debut.  It's not perfect but for a band just getting going they are confident and talented enough to produce both radio friendly singles paired with a couple epic tracks.  Well crafted songs nothing sounding the same, I'm in no way a Radiohead Scholar so can't honestly compare MDR to them, but I still enjoy it none the less.  This self produced and released CD should garner them as much praise and attention as was given CYHSY, but they'll have to work that much harder to get it as they don't have that Brooklyn cred to given them a leg up.

addendum: While the record isn't groundbreaking it's great in the same way the Voxtrot EPs are, just quality songwriting and performances.

http://www.middledistancerunner.com/
Not only a phenomenal album, but also a phenomenal show.

Tom Servo

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  Not only a phenomenal album, but also a phenomenal show.
I was actually somewhat disappointed.  Really just average.  Nothing stood out in terms of the songwriting, the playing, or the vocals.  Couple of good songs in there, and they had pretty good energy but I wasn't really feeling it.  

I did pick up the album, perhaps it comes across better recorded.