Author Topic: How was the Sia show????  (Read 2778 times)

bull930

How was the Sia show????
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:22:00 am »
Just wanted to know who went and if so how was it????..... thought about it but it was too last minute.

calecp01

Re: How was the Sia show????
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:27:00 am »
I didn't go, but here are some pics:
  http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/live-dc/photos-sia-930-club/

Originally posted by bull930:
  Just wanted to know who went and if so how was it????..... thought about it but it was too last minute.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Sia was great and hilarious, as usual.
PANTS

Christine Moritz

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »
I was disappointed to have missed this... was flying out to London the same night.

:(

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:07:00 am »
are we talking about the same sia?

the one who sang at the club the last time Zero 7 played, and ruined what was an otherwise good show?  she was annoying as f*ck.

please tell me the club was almost empty.  unless she's changed, she's a huge egomaniac and probably started crying when she saw the half-empty room.
<sig>

MonkeyPants

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
That is the most nonsense I've heard in a while.

Although I was not at that Zero 7 show, I've seen Sia a number of times, mostly in LA where she can sell out multiple nights on her own, and she has never ever come across as an ego-maniac at all. She's just been silly and charming between soulful singing.  Even when she was a surprise special guest singing back-up for Inara George, she only sang back-up and at no time tried to take over the song.

The room was mostly empty until right before Sia's set, and then it looked more than half full.  This had absolutely no impact on the show.
PANTS

Christine Moritz

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:34:00 am »
I vaguely remember Sia doing more between-song chatter at the Zero 7 show than was really necessary.  But I wouldn't say it "ruined" the show -- not by a long shot.

(Wasn't there a thread about this at the time?  Not that that means I could find it, what with the lack of a search function, but anyways...)

That was definitely one of the more enjoyable shows I've been to in the past couple of years; for some reason, Zero 7 seem to sound better live than on recordings.