Author Topic: Black Cat, Black Cat. Spare a little change for the hom  (Read 2349 times)

ggw

Black Cat, Black Cat. Spare a little change for the hom
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »
Anyone know what's become of that guy?  It seems like it's been a long time since I've seen him outside the club.

azaghal1981

Re: Black Cat, Black Cat. Spare a little change for the hom
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »
Last time for me was the march thermals show.
احمد

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
Agreed. I've had this convo every time I've been to a show at the Cat for the last few months...Lately, there's been a woman begging for change.

I smell turf war.
nothx

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
i'd say with all the money people gave him over the years . . . he ain't homeless no more.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »
He's been there as long as I can remember and I've been going to shows there since October 30, 1993 (I only remember because this was Jawbox and Pitchblende together and an easy date for memory since the day before halloween). There's been a few periods when he disappears for a while but never this long. Last time I was there it was the woman, too (fiery furnaces show?).

BookerT

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »
i heard he got banned for being an annoying drunken lout and hangs out at the rock and roll hotel all the time now.

Darth Ed

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »
I've been wondering about this myself. He disappeared last fall/winter, too. When he returned in the spring, I asked him where he'd been and he said he'd been in the hospital for a long time. Something about how "they" wanted to amputate his foot. If he was telling the truth, I suspect he might be diabetic. Maybe he's back in the hospital or in a nursing care facility.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  I've been wondering about this myself. He disappeared last fall/winter, too. When he returned in the spring, I asked him where he'd been and he said he'd been in the hospital for a long time. Something about how "they" wanted to amputate his foot. If he was telling the truth, I suspect he might be diabetic. Maybe he's back in the hospital or in a nursing care facility.
I'm awaiting the Dismemberment Plan reunion show to benefit the Black Cat homeless guy. DC has to come out to support an institution in his time of need!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »
Didn't he get a job with Brightest Young Things and move to Arlington?
_\|/_

tigersscareme

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »
his name is bill turner. he was there a few weeks ago. sometimes he stays at the mission down the street. the last few times i've spoken with him he said he was trying to get an apartment. i don't think it's worked out.
 he's a really nice dude.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:00 pm »
true story --

there's a similar guy who was (is?) an institution outside of wisemiller's in georgetown ... i hadn't seen him in at least 3-4 years, ran into him on the street a couple of weeks ago and he immediately calls out his nickname for me: "tampa bay!!" ... this guy sees hundreds if not thousands of people a day and has this absurd encyclopedic memory, it's really impressive
(o|o)

Chip Chanko

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 10:37:00 pm »
Thank you for knowing his name.

Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  his name is bill turner. he was there a few weeks ago. sometimes he stays at the mission down the street. the last few times i've spoken with him he said he was trying to get an apartment. i don't think it's worked out.
 he's a really nice dude.

Arthwys

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
Haven't seen him in a year or so, but did see the woman in his spot this past Saturday.
Emrys

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  Thank you for knowing his name.

Originally posted by tigers scare me:
 he's a really nice dude.
[/b]
"we speak your name" - oprah

tigersscareme

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
he was the first person to be nice to me when i moved here 10 years ago so i'm a little protective of him.

i brought him up to fort reno once a few years ago and he introduced canyon. he still talks about that show.