Author Topic: Super Diamond  (Read 4502 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Super Diamond
« on: December 29, 2003, 04:17:00 pm »
So anyone planning on hitting the club on New Years Eve for the Super Diamond show?  I've been tapped to DJ the event which should be a real hoot.  

Besides hearing numerous Neil Diamond penned songs what should one expect from the group.  Do they rock out or is it a pretty mellow affair.

Super Curious...
T.Rex

lily1

Re: Super Diamond
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
i'll probably be flamed for this but if still have no nye plans on nye, then i'm going to head to the show for the hell of it. i think it could be a lot of fun.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 04:26:00 pm »
It is a highly energetic event, Kosmo.  Very raucus and the crowd gets way into it.  I went once, and it was a sellout and the place was PACKED and bouncing, dancing, waving arms in the air.

That's the reason I'm not going for NYE -- I have a friend in from overseas, and I knew we'd never be able to estimate the right number of tickets.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 04:36:00 pm »
Money Talks
 But it don't sing and dance
 And it don't walk
 As long as I can have you here with me
 I'd much rather be
 Forever in Blue Jeans

Love that bloody song for some reason..not going to the show though!  ;)

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 11:17:00 pm »
There is no way I'm driving to DC for some Neil Diamond tribute band. Hell, I wouldn't drive to DC for Neil Diamond himself! Can't afford $50 either. Haven't heard of any parties and there's nothing going on worthwhile anywhere in either DC or Baltimore. Think I'll just get some laundry done. Boring. Ho, hum. At least I'll start the New Year with clean clothes.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 11:36:00 pm »
One of my friends is having a party - black tie. That's silly. I'd rather go to Neil Diamond cover band.

Let's boycott everything and have a forum party.

tooms

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 11:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  It is a highly energetic event, Kosmo.  Very raucus and the crowd gets way into it.  I went once, and it was a sellout and the place was PACKED and bouncing, dancing, waving arms in the air.

That's the reason I'm not going for NYE -- I have a friend in from overseas, and I knew we'd never be able to estimate the right number of tickets.
we could still go, Nance, it's not sold out   ;)

Bags

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 12:18:00 am »
I need some Pammie action!  Super Diamond would be a great event on another night.... :(

PS, bought 100 blank CDs today.  Woo hoo -- new years day!!

markie

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 01:57:00 am »
Originally posted by El Tee:

Let's boycott everything and have a foam party.
That is the best idea, ever.

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 02:47:00 am »
The very best!

Kosmo, do you know what's going on at the Mojo? Nothing is listed on their calendar.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 09:55:00 am »
nothing that i know of... you might want to check the balto city paper to be sure. reportedly the secret machines are playing there in jan.  from nyc via texas they are described as "early pink floyd meets the velvet underground".
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
    from nyc via texas they are described as "early pink floyd meets the velvet underground".
Hmmmm, that's supposed to be good?    ;)

Jaguär

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 11:14:00 pm »
Secret Machines has a song that I really like but haven't heard a whole lot from them for awhile now. I know a lot of people who just saw them in Manchester the other month and they all said that they really sucked. (Forgot who they opened for.) Can't say that I always agree with their assessments but I wouldn't make the show a priority.

BTW, I like that description.

The Mojo really needs to keep up with their website and include a few other helpful features. Would like to go back sometime soon.

In the meantime, guess no DC gathering for New Year's. What a shame.

eltee

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 11:27:00 pm »
So, no forum party, er, I mean foam party in the back bar & to support Kosmo?

Jaguär

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2003, 02:05:00 am »
Looks like we'll have to wait until next year for the next flock of foaming loonatics.

Hope you have a good one, El Tee.   ;)