Author Topic: Aslan  (Read 1313 times)

Frank Gallagher

Aslan
« on: February 24, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Are playing Rosies bar in Carrigaline this Friday. They are pretty big over here, and although I've only heard a couple of songs on the radio, seem quite good.

Any opinions if anyone has heard of them please.

Funny thing is though, I went in the pub last night to buy the tickets, the conversation went like this.

"Hey mate, Roy Carroll's a twat huh? Can I get three tickets for Aslan on friday please?"
 "Yeah, I'd hang Carroll by his knackers if Keano hasn't done it already, Aslan is 15 euro a piece, that's 45 euro to you. "
 "45 euro straight...no service charge?"
 "A what???"
 "Oh nothing, just a pint of Beamish while I'm here"

I love this little green island!  :D

brennser

Re: Aslan
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
derivative, stale crap - I would avoid

they were good for about a year in 1989 but then blegh

years ago I was at the Feile festival in Tipperary and Christy Dignam the lead singer who'd been kicked out of the band for being a junkie had formed another band doing Aslan covers

they were playing early (around 3pm) in Semple Stadium to about 400 people (everyone else was still unconscious at the campsites) - I was there because Fatima Mansions were on after them - anyway they have this song called "This is" where the chorus goes

"everybody hits you
 Everybody knocks you down"

some wag in the crowd (not looking an anyone in particular) hit on the idea of singing everfybody hates you - you should have seen the pissed off look on his face at a couple of hundred people singing everybody hates you back at him!

and yes its a wonderful country where a shite band can charge 15 euros for a gig   :p

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
Speaking of Asians, did you guys realize that Glen Tillbrook of Squeeze fame has a song on his latest album called "Hot Shaved Asian Teens?"

His band is also called Glen Tillbrook and the Fluffers.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
I thought this was going to be a meaningful discussion on the cultural ramifications of Disney's planned sterilization of the classic CS Lewis christian children's series, The Chronicles of Narnia.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I thought this was going to be a meaningful discussion on the cultural ramifications of Disney's planned sterilization of the classic CS Lewis christian children's series, The Chronicles of Narnia.
I move for much more CS Lewis discussion!
(o|o)