Author Topic: X  (Read 5887 times)

bearman🐻

X
« on: December 06, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
I just had to comment that this was one of my favorite shows this year. Exene seemed a little quiet, but the rest of the band were smokin'. I especially enjoyed Billy Zoom and DJ's interactions. It was also nice to hear a robust selection of songs from Under the Big Black Sun. Bags and Bombay, it was great to see both of you.

duderino

Re: X
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
snikt!
 x-men 3 trailer!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by duderino:
  snikt!
 x-men 3 trailer!
Ho hum...

Bags

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 01:32:00 pm »
John Doe is my new rock n' roll husband.  He's taken over for Joe Strummer.  Of course, he's third in line, but it's still a place of honor.

What a great show -- I was really not feeling the Monday night event, and Juliana was pretty draggy (can that girl smile?!?!  Thank goodness Doe did those three songs with her, or she wouldn't have emoted one bit).

Then X came out, starting with "Johnny Hit and Run Pauline," and it was smoking from then on.  Fantastic set list.  Did I say I love John Doe, who gets so much enjoyment from playing?  And the band was clearly having a good time -- Excene, maybe not so much, but it's all good.  "Nausea" was fantastic.

Zoom is getting creepier, though, as he ages.  I was right in front of him, and his winking and interaction with the audience is odd.  Still  love the "spread 'em" stance, but he's definitely a dirty old man these days.  I think he was even pointing out girls to get backstage passes to one of the roadies.  ANd he came right out in to the audience at the end of the show, instead of leaving the stage.  I was sure he was trolling for something....

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
I believe he's born again, as well.  I think Zoom followed Vansmack's wife around after the show.

Originally posted by Bags:
 Zoom is getting creepier, though, as he ages.  I was right in front of him, and his winking and interaction with the audience is odd.  Still  love the "spread 'em" stance, but he's definitely a dirty old man these days.  I think he was even pointing out girls to get backstage passes to one of the roadies.  ANd he came right out in to the audience at the end of the show, instead of leaving the stage.  I was sure he was trolling for something....

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »
Really wanted to hit this show........but was not gonna battle road morons and drive back down to the city after fighting idiots driving 20 mph all the way home in 2 inches of snow!......sure there were plenty of ticks left,also....damn!...First time I've missed them in town in ages..................maybe I'll go to Baltimore tonight......

Bags

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jonas Grumby:
  maybe I'll go to Baltimore tonight......
Go to Baltimore!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
 I think Zoom followed Vansmack's wife around after the show.

Indeed.

He came down to the floor after the show just as described and followed her right into the ladies room....she refuses to see X to this day.
27>34

andyrichter

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
what other songs did they play?

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 04:49:00 pm »
Does she still work as a librarian?

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
My setlist is at home, but bascially here are the songs (not in order):

Johnny Hit & Run Paulene
 Beyond and Back
 The Phone's Off the Hook (But You're Not)
 Sugarlight
 The Hungry Wolf
 Breathless
 Blue Spark
 We're Desperate
 White Girl
 Los Angeles
 The Unheard Music
 Riding With Mary
 Nauseau
 I'm Coming Over
 Because I Do
 True Love
 Devil Doll
 Soul Kitchen
 ------------------------------
 The New World
 Year 1
 The World's A Mess It's In My Kiss
 ------------------------------
 In This House That I Call Home
 Motel Room In My Bed

Bags

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
Bearman just answered you well!

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 04:59:00 pm »
I wonder how Exene got both Viggo and John Doe to marry her? Not like she's a major prize....

Bags

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
 Not like she's a major prize....
You've met her and can attest that she's not a major prize?  Wow, a brush with fame we haven't heard yet.

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 05:05:00 pm »
Well I've seen what she looks like, and can say she's not a major prize to the eyes.

And her poetry and solo work tells me she's no Einstein or musical genius.

I guess she just must be a really nice gal. Or maybe she is a great cook.