Author Topic: Elvis Costello on telly  (Read 1672 times)

mankie

Elvis Costello on telly
« on: September 24, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
This Thursday at 10pm on A&E..it's one of those "by request" dealios when people call in to request songs....just FYI people.

BTW Rhett, I noticed Bowie was on Letterman the other night. How does that sit with your 'more music savvy' way of thinking?

ggw

Re: Elvis Costello on telly
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
Costello was doing his new torch singer thing on Letterman last night.  I'll give him props for always trying different stuff, but it was pretty bad.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  This Thursday at 10pm on A&E..it's one of those "by request" dealios when people call in to request songs....just FYI people.

BTW Rhett, I noticed Bowie was on Letterman the other night. How does that sit with your 'more music savvy' way of thinking?
Elvis Costello was on one of the late night talk shows last night, if I'm not mistaken.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 03:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Costello was doing his new torch singer thing on Letterman last night.  I'll give him props for always trying different stuff, but it was pretty bad.
Thank you.  I knew I was drunk, but I wasn't that drunk.  And yes, it was bad.
27>34

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
We taped Bowie on Letterman and the Bangles on whatever the show is that follows.
    Both washed up acts, but Susanna Hoffs is hotter.

Originally posted by mankie:

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 03:44:00 pm »
The Mavericks are on Leno Monday. Can't wait. Man that Raul Malo sounds every bit as good as Roy Orbison.

mankie

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB] We taped Bowie on Letterman and the Bangles on whatever the show is that follows.
    Both washed up acts, but Susanna Hoffs is hotter.

Does Hoffs mother still chaparone her?

HEY! I just realised...this   :roll:  reminds me of Hoffs in that Manic Monday video!

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
Bowie is so washed up, he's even wearing my old hairstyle.

Jaguär

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
If you mean clean, yes he is.   :D  

I saw the show and he was pretty good. Looking great and sounding good. He may not be the big trendy Rock Star of the Hour that he was at one time but the man still ouzes charm and talent.

mankie

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 04:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

If you mean clean, yes he is.    :D  

I saw the show and he was pretty good. Looking great and sounding good. He may not be the big trendy Rock Star of the Hour that he was at one time but the man still ouzes charm and talent. [/b]
My missus said if I look as good as him at 56 years old she'll still have sex with me. I told her if I look that good at 56 years old I'll be knobbing some chick that looks like Iman!...then she hit me.  :D