Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10084165 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2003, 10:11:00 pm »
10/24 The Long Winters - Iota

but it is not listed on Iota's site, but is listed on the labels site and pollstar

Bags

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2003, 10:15:00 pm »
That's Friday?!?!?

What's up with this?  Goddamn, I can't go, but if I'd known I would have made other arrangements.

Originally posted by he whose real name starts with m:
  10/24 The Long Winters - Iota

but it is not listed on Iota's site, but is listed on the labels site and pollstar

ratioci nation

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2003, 10:24:00 pm »
Sun 12/07/03   The Waterboys  State Theatre

lily1

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2003, 10:32:00 pm »
i am so there. i saw them 2 years ago with tom mcrae opening. was a great show. and they have really nice and normal fans that don't talk all the way thru the show and understand proper concert attendance etiquette.

Jaguär

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2003, 10:48:00 pm »
Guess Sir Mankie will have to work another show into his busy schedule.

stu47

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2003, 11:25:00 pm »
waterboys are also playing the Rams Head in Annapolis on the 3rd of December

Barcelona

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2003, 06:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  i am so there. i saw them 2 years ago with tom mcrae opening. was a great show. and they have really nice and normal fans that don't talk all the way thru the show and understand proper concert attendance etiquette.

[/b]
I will be there as well. However, I don't like the fact that they are playing at the State Theater. The place is lost in the middle of nowhere and I can't smoke a cigarrette there (what annoys me is the different treatment bands receive on these issues, I remember the last time I was there I wasn't allowed to smoke while the members of one of the bands playing there were smoking on stage without any problem). But anyway, I will be there.

I was at the 9:30 two years ago and it was kind of sad how empty the place was. To me, their (his) recent albums have never reached the quality of This is the Sea, Fisherman Blues, Room to Roam and the first albums of their career.

brennser

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2003, 09:10:00 pm »
To me, their (his) recent albums have never reached the quality of This is the Sea, Fisherman Blues, Room to Roam and the first albums of their career.  
I too am glad The Waterboys are in town again - has anyone listened to Universal Hall, the latest album - I loved Rock in a Weary Land, full of big bombastic songs, but looking at the reviews Universal Hall seems like another shift in direction

lily1

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2003, 08:28:00 am »
i think fisherman blues is a lot of people's favorite album. do shows there end before the last metro takes off back to dc? i've never been there before.

Originally posted by Barcelona:
  I was at the 9:30 two years ago and it was kind of sad how empty the place was. To me, their (his) recent albums have never reached the quality of This is the Sea, Fisherman Blues, Room to Roam and the first albums of their career.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2003, 09:20:00 am »
old news really but...

Tonight 10/24 The Fleshtones at the Mojo in Bawlmer
T.Rex

brennser

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
i think fisherman blues is a lot of people's favorite album. do shows there end before the last metro takes off back to dc? i've never been there before.

really? I think Fishermans Blues is a great album but for me The Waterboys are all about "The Big Music" so the first three albums and Rock would be my faves

mankie

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2003, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Guess Sir Mankie will have to work another show into his busy schedule.
Yes indeed.

mankie

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2003, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:

really? I think Fishermans Blues is a great album but for me The Waterboys are all about "The Big Music" so the first three albums and Rock would be my faves [/b]
Rock isn't one of my faves I must admit. A lot depends on my mood at the time, but if I had to pick one it would probably have to be "Room to roam" because there's more emphasis on the fiddle than the guitar. I really like his solo albums to, which Universal Hall sounds more like than the Waterboys work, imho.

Were's the State Theatre again?

ratioci nation

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2003, 10:27:00 am »

mankie

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2003, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by who am i, why am i here:
  http://www.thestatetheatre.com/
Thanks, that's what I thought....what a great place to see the Waterboys.