Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10617885 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #14940 on: October 10, 2008, 08:24:00 am »
Most hockey fans are redneck Republicans. They'll love her.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Sarah Palin to drop puck at Flyers' opener

Will she be booed?

Will she get hit with a battery or two?

Will a certain boardie be sitting in the front row at center ice in a certain shirt?

sonickteam2

« Reply #14941 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Most hockey fans are redneck Republicans. They'll love her.

not in Philly they arent.  In fact, thats probably one of the most off base comments you have ever made.  However, I will let it slide since that can probably be said about the ones who go to Capitals games.

also, remember that Philly fans boo EVERYTHING.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #14942 on: October 10, 2008, 08:39:00 am »
This reminds me of when I saw the WWE in DC and all these Republicans officials were present. The WWE introduced some of them (most with their families) and there were resounding boos and jeers. Just because wrestling (and hockey) may be geared towards rednecks does not mean the crowd will be so open.

« Reply #14943 on: October 10, 2008, 08:39:00 am »
Sorry, I was just judging based on all of the Caps fans I used to see boarding the Metro in Springfield when I would be coming home. (speaking in the past tense because I now ride VRE instead of Metro).

That, and the fans I saw at games I went to as a kid growing up in the 80's in the hometown of the Red Wings top farm club.

Relaxer

« Reply #14944 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:00 am »
Originally posted by reggie:
  the new m83 album is a joke though.
I thought that at first, but I have really come around to it. I think it's as good, if not better, than Dead Cities.
oword

« Reply #14945 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:00 am »
PS: I don't have the same hateful contempt for redneck Republicans that Doctor Doom has. So it wasn't meant as a slam of hockey or it's fans, just an observation from my admittedly limited sightlines.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14946 on: October 10, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »
Lollapalooza
 Grant Park, Chicago, IL
 August 7-9, 2009
<sig>

Cali

« Reply #14947 on: October 10, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »
kol @ msg
 1/29/09
 on sale 10/24/08

azaghal1981

« Reply #14948 on: October 11, 2008, 12:04:00 am »
Wow really?
 They aren't that big.

Could this be a screw-up similar to the Justice one where they were booked to play MSG when it was supposed to be the MSG theater?
احمد

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #14949 on: October 11, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »
Charlie, you dumbass, that's because you grew up in Adirondack. What else do you expect from that place?

And hockey is a little out of the financial reach of rednecks, both from a participation and a spectator standpoint. Rednecks can't afford tickets, nevertheless ice time, equipment and other expenses, especially in the name of travel hockey.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14950 on: October 12, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
  Wow really?
 They aren't that big.

Could this be a screw-up similar to the Justice one where they were booked to play MSG when it was supposed to be the MSG theater?
KoL are obviously trying to break through here in north america.  they're huge in europe, supposedly, and they're on the cover of this month's Rolling Stone under the banner "they're rock royalty in the UK - are they about to rule here?".  maybe the NYC promoters are hoping for "built it and they will come".
<sig>

« Reply #14951 on: October 12, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
I may be a dumbass, but you're the one who's geographicaly challenged. There is no town of Adirondack.

And the best seats in the arena went for maybe six bucks a pop. And if rednecks can afford $80+ for a NASCAR ticket, I'm sure they can afford a hockey ticket.

Originally posted by Thousand Made-Up Loves:
  Charlie, you dumbass, that's because you grew up in Adirondack. What else do you expect from that place?

And hockey is a little out of the financial reach of rednecks, both from a participation and a spectator standpoint. Rednecks can't afford tickets, nevertheless ice time, equipment and other expenses, especially in the name of travel hockey.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #14952 on: October 12, 2008, 09:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Wow really?
 They aren't that big.

KoL are obviously trying to break through here in north america.  they're huge in europe, supposedly, and they're on the cover of this month's Rolling Stone under the banner "they're rock royalty in the UK - are they about to rule here?".  maybe the NYC promoters are hoping for "built it and they will come". [/b]
Also, apparently, their label is paying big bucks to promote them on MySpace. KoL pollution all over that place no matter where you go and they are putting them in the big top of page banners which is like telling the sheeple, "This is what you will listen to. Forget all else. Go buy KoL CDS, t-shirts, overpriced concert tickets. Eat, drink, sleep KoL." (I'm sounding like Walkonby! lol No wonder I always understand the man.)

azaghal1981

« Reply #14953 on: October 13, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »
Hum reunion
 12/31
 Double Door
 Chicago
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14954 on: October 13, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »
  Hum reunion
 12/31
 Double Door
 Chicago
Is this confirmed? Rumours of this have been flying on messageboards for a month but I've yet to see confirmation its really happening.