Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10616538 times)

Staralfur25

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #17280 on: May 06, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »
Sweet Jeebus. Kylie!!!  Touring the US!!! :D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17281 on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:31 pm »
Where is this Canada city you speak of?

Her First US Tour Ever...
Kylie Minogue
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
October 11, 2009

Seth, I asked months ago for this, if you can pull a DC show for her at a small to midsizw venue I will forever be greatful.

Other dates in Chicago, Oakland, LA, Canada, and Las Vegas.
I know you're simply being a salty douchebag as per usual, but absolutely nothing he wrote indicates or infers that Canada is a city, as you well know. If he had said "other cities on the tour include ______" then ok, but it's perfectly acceptable as he wrote it. It's a list of places (which Canada is), not specifically a list of cities (but hey, it's fun to pretend!)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17282 on: May 06, 2009, 02:59:47 pm »
Toronto

Kylie Minogue
October 11, 2009

Seth, I asked months ago for this, if you can pull a DC show for her at a small to midsizw venue I will forever be greatful.

(_|_)

mdh9857

« Reply #17283 on: May 06, 2009, 03:00:46 pm »

Kylie Minogue
October 11, 2009

I know you're simply being a salty douchebag as per usual, but absolutely nothing he wrote indicates or infers that Canada is a city, as you well know. If he had said "other cities on the tour include ______" then ok, but it's perfectly acceptable as he wrote it. It's a list of places (which Canada is), not specifically a list of cities (but hey, it's fun to pretend!)

Thanks, and yes you can note I said "Other dates in..." it's just the order I found out about the shows.  Considering the 2 comments on my post from him, I really could care less.

I've heard it's just the six dates to be used as a stepping stone for including the US in future tours.  Like she actually thinks she wouldn't sell out.  These are going to go very quickly.  With the on-sale tomorrow, DC seems unlikely, yet I can hope.

« Reply #17284 on: May 06, 2009, 03:06:19 pm »
I think you've got me beat by a mile when it comes to douchiness.

Why say "Canada" if it's a known city in Canada? Otherwise, just saying "Canada" is pretty much useless.

Kylie Minogue
October 11, 2009

« Reply #17285 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:38 pm »
I think you've got me beat by a mile when it comes to douchiness.
Flattery will get you nowhere.

Samantha

« Reply #17286 on: May 06, 2009, 03:12:38 pm »
Funny how people complain about announcing shows other than ones in DC in this thread...and now you're quibbling over Toronto vs. Canada.  Why does it matter what city it's in?  We're mostly talking about DC here, and places where some of us might go, no?  Please God tell me none of you are thinking of going up there for Kylie.

« Reply #17287 on: May 06, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »
If you offered me a free trip to either Chicago, Oakland, LA, Toronto, or Las Vegas to see Kylie, I'd choose Toronto in a second.

Someone else could have my concert ticket.

Funny how people complain about announcing shows other than ones in DC in this thread...and now you're quibbling over Toronto vs. Canada.  Why does it matter what city it's in?  We're mostly talking about DC here, and places where some of us might go, no?  Please God tell me none of you are thinking of going up there for Kylie.

Samantha

« Reply #17288 on: May 06, 2009, 03:21:09 pm »
But nobody's offerin you one.  So don't fuckin worry about it.

« Reply #17289 on: May 06, 2009, 03:25:41 pm »
Why didn't he just say she's playing out west, in the midwest, and up in Canada?

Would that have sufficed?

What if someone says "My favorite NHL teams are Chicago, Anaheim, Philly, and Canada." Does that work for y'all?

But nobody's offerin you one.  So don't fuckin worry about it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:31:14 pm by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer »

BookerT

« Reply #17290 on: May 06, 2009, 03:29:35 pm »
blah blah blah blah blah

a place to bury strangers
6/5 @ rock and roll hotel

Samantha

« Reply #17291 on: May 06, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »
But people here are more likely to be traveling to cities in the US rather than Canada, wasmypoint.  Thas all.  I don't think he was really concentrating that hard on it, it was just a side note.  Hope you get that free trip.  Now announce something or shut up.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17292 on: May 06, 2009, 03:48:01 pm »
Nice. Lots going on that night.

blah blah blah blah blah

a place to bury strangers
6/5 @ rock and roll hotel
(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17293 on: May 06, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
Y'all are playing right into Rhetts hands.

« Reply #17294 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:54 pm »
What if someone says "My favorite NHL teams are Chicago, Anaheim, Philly, and Canada." Does that work for y'all?
No, because "Canada" isn't an NHL team. It is a place Kylie Monogue has a concert scheduled.