Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10008136 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #19710 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:05 pm »
Did not want to weigh in on this as this whole things has already been dealt with. This will be the last time I address this issue. I have done 100+ posters and a few were called out for looking like someone else's. I would never intentionally take someone else's work but would also not be pretentious enough to think that my work has never been done before. Anyone who puts their work out there is subject to public scrutiny but the internet (not shockingly) blows things out of proportion. The issue has been handled with the people directly involved.

It is Valentine's Day, instead of talking more about this, I am going out with the family. Hope you do the same.

Wow.  What a self-righteous prick!  Dude - You weren't 'called out for your posters looking like someone else's' - you were called out for being a fucking bullshit artist phoney fake plagiarizer stealing the intellectual property of other struggling artists.  Your half-ass mea culpa does little to address the fact that you are a THIEF and a FRAUD!  It HAS NOT been dealt with 'the people directly involved' as the entire indie community has been taken for a bunch of chumps.  I personally implore everyone involved with the scene to boycott this phoney and to prevent him from participating in local events and shows.  What an asshole.  Also - Pulling this 'i'm a new father' and 'go out with your family' is such a bogus play for pity - you should be ashamed for hiding behind them.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19711 on: February 14, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »
a fucking bullshit artist phoney fake plagiarizer
No one loves over-the-top verbosity quite like I do, but, like, whoa!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:06:11 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

James Ford

« Reply #19712 on: February 14, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »
I think if you look at various artist in the history of art, you'll find striking similarities between their works.

bkrome

« Reply #19713 on: February 14, 2010, 04:33:48 pm »
google cache is your friend.

evidence seems pretty damning.

azaghal1981

« Reply #19714 on: February 14, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »
Back to info that is pertinent to this thread:
Gogol Bordello April 29 & 30 Ram's Head Live
*#$

* with DeVotchKa
# with Jesse Malin
$ with St. Mark's Social, Tres Leches Afterparty Sound Crew
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #19715 on: February 14, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »
Tue May 4- THURSDAY, CONVERGE $18 Adv/ $20 DOS Mainstage 7:30 (On sale Feb 19)

serpent boy

« Reply #19716 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:31 pm »
I'm not sure if this was already posted:

Local H w/ Kinch
Rock and Roll Hotel
May 16

It's the "Six Angry Records" tour and they're supposedly going to let one random person from the audience draw one of their albums at random, then they'll play that album from start to finish (plus any post-encore favorites).

I might have to go just to see if they play Here Comes the Zoo or Pack Up the Cats.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #19717 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:28 am »
El Jefe is a pretty talented dude that has always impressed me

I haven't studied the other stuff

RustyOrgan

« Reply #19718 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:45 am »

Take a look at that thread google cached - it's damning.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19719 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:49 pm »

Take a look at that thread google cached - it's damning.
Yeah we're not talking about similarities here...practically copy/paste.  If you look at all the posters there's simply no way to draw the conclusion that it was unintentional.  And as a father, I find the whole "new father" defense pretty insulting.  Since when was parenthood a defense for moral ambiguity?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #19720 on: February 15, 2010, 02:08:10 pm »
when i looked at the google cache, it seemed the images from the original author were missing, unless they were trying to say the image without the text was the original....if thats the case, then yeah its pretty clear it's copied.....when i took graphic design in college, i was always stunned by the amount of work that people clearly copied directly from someone and then called it their own by changing a few things around.  I was always disappointed that the professors never addressed copyright stuff.

that being said, I own quite a few El Jeffe posters and will continue to buy the ones I like, copied or not.

hutch

« Reply #19721 on: February 15, 2010, 02:10:08 pm »
when i looked at the google cache, it seemed the images from the original author were missing, unless they were trying to say the image without the text was the original....if thats the case, then yeah its pretty clear it's copied.....when i took graphic design in college, i was always stunned by the amount of work that people clearly copied directly from someone and then called it their own by changing a few things around.  I was always disappointed that the professors never addressed copyright stuff.

that being said, I own quite a few El Jeffe posters and will continue to buy the ones I like, copied or not.

Thats amazing. You were dissapointed the professors never addressed copyright stuff but will continue to buy copied art.

Dude, that is seriously F-ed up.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19722 on: February 15, 2010, 02:41:23 pm »
Wheatus
Canal Club (Richmond)
Fri 5/21

hahahahahahaha

Jesse

« Reply #19723 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:55 pm »
YEASAYER
May 6
The Ottobar
Baltimore

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19724 on: February 16, 2010, 07:56:24 am »
Looking for something to do in the wilds of PG County tonight? Then checkout

Your Pal Pete's Songs and Stories opening for Color School
The New Deal Cafe
113 Centerway
Greenbelt, MD

Pete's a good friend and tonight he will be singing some of his past and future hits, and will be doing the intro to his one man show called "Surviving Retail".

http://www.myspace.com/yourpal

The New Deal Cafe is an intimate venue with interesting beers on tap and great Lebanese food.

http://newdealcafe.com/
T.Rex