Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10019006 times)

travelinbeat

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #23160 on: May 27, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »
walkonby is obviously the victor in the debate over whether people of color are more violent than white people.  The evidence is plain throughout not only music but all of human history.  Indeed it was black people who put much of the white population in bondage, and it was black people who perpetrated the atrocities of World War 2.  I believe Stalin must've been in white face, because only a black person could've been behind the murder of 20 million of his countrymen. 

I have actually never seen any person of European decent engage in any act of violence whatsoever, and I'll be damned if, now that I think back on it, absolutely every assault, murder, and rape that I've ever heard of hasn't been committed by a black person.  God only knows that the overwhelming majority of all serial killers are black.

I think that one look no further than the hip hop group, "Cannibal Corpse" for a great example of gratuitous violence in the music of black people:

"Butchery my meat hooks sharpened to penetrate
Emasculate, gouging crotches I will eat
Hung upside down, holes punctured through half-chewed
Gristle, debauchery, with dead bodeys turning green
Upheaveal of human entrails
Deterioration of grated genitals, dangling from the hooks
Obscene feeling deep inside me
Dislocating, separating a blood-drenched body
Begin the anal grouting
Awaiting insertion, to rip out intestine
Bodily destruction
Vulgar molestation"

Of course Dimebag Darrell was another black man, shot by a black man, at a show filled with angry black men.

The evidence is clear people, walkonby is completely justified in feeling that white people are innocent of any violence and black people have a complete monopoly on violent lyrics, violent actions, murder, and brutality.  I'm amazed you could even humor an idea to the contrary.

walkonby

« Reply #23161 on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:57 pm »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:21:44 pm by walkonby »

lily1

« Reply #23162 on: May 27, 2011, 01:27:18 pm »
george clinton cancelled for rockville hometown holidays on sunday-staph infection!

replaced with taj mahal.

travelinbeat

« Reply #23163 on: May 27, 2011, 01:40:17 pm »
it has nothing to do with white vs. black.  i hate all music that promotes violence, including death core from iceland that wants all humans to eat each other.  rap music just seems to have the lockdown on the idea that guns, drugs, women as objects, killing, getting "cred" by being a street thug . . . is a good thing. 

the end.

Green Day's awesome album, "Dookie" is exponentially more violent than anything Tribe Called Quest or Lauryn Hill has done.  As is Pearl Jam's song, "Jeremy," and heaps of other great alternative rock artists who do not fit any preconceived notion of bands that promote violence. 

Tribe:
"All we want in this life
Is peace, prosperity and a little paper[...]
But the only way we can truly reach that goal
Is finding true inner peace and prospering souls
It's like that"

Green Day:
"I'm talking all you down with me
Explosives duct taped to my spine
Nothing gonna change my mind

I won't listen to anyone's last words
There's nothing left for you to say
Soon you'll be dead anyway"

It's obvious that you know absolutely nothing about the intentions of HipHop or HipHop artists.  It is also quite abundantly clear that you are unable of unwilling to draw a distinction between Hip Hop and Rap.  Your complete indifference towards the fact that not all black people sing about guns and brutality is what is making you sound like a racist.  You seem happy to illustrate that not all white music is violent, but completely unwilling to even consider that a black man could rap about encouraging peace and prosperity.  That is what makes you sound extremely racist. 

Simply put, it is absolutely ignorant of you to think that "rap music just seems to have the lockdown on the idea that guns, drugs, women as objects, killing, getting "cred" by being a street thug [are good things]," and it is almost as equally ignorant of you to postulate that since these Rock the Bells artists are rapping, then that must be what their rapping about. 

No doubt there was some talk of bitches and guns and violence at Rock the Bells, but so too is there plenty of violence in your average rock show (lets not forget which genre draws more moshers).

If you're going to debate this point, first learn what the hell you're talking about, because you obviously know not a single thing about any of the artists who perform at Rock The Bells.

travelinbeat

« Reply #23164 on: May 27, 2011, 01:40:55 pm »
george clinton cancelled for rockville hometown holidays on sunday-staph infection!

replaced with taj mahal.

And that's a drag

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23165 on: May 27, 2011, 01:47:30 pm »
While its perfectly acceptable to dislike particular music, of course while making sweeping generalizations I.e not all rap promotes the thug life.

However proving one can use google to clutter up this thread will not win you fans
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #23166 on: May 27, 2011, 01:58:51 pm »
I can't remember the last time I was at a rock show where there were moshers.

walkonby

« Reply #23167 on: May 27, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:20:39 pm by walkonby »

Relaxer

« Reply #23168 on: May 27, 2011, 02:14:30 pm »
I can't remember the last time I was at a rock show.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23169 on: May 27, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »
i like how i know nothing about the peace loving "hip hop" acts at rock the bells . . . when it seems that half the acts are members of wutang.

walkonby admitting his lack of knowledge about hip hop.  i think we have a breakthrough here.
<sig>

bellenseb

« Reply #23170 on: May 27, 2011, 02:25:33 pm »
Birchmere Bob Mould show now billed as "'See a Little Light': An evening of reading and music with BOB MOULD".

walkonby

« Reply #23171 on: May 27, 2011, 02:29:50 pm »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:20:03 pm by walkonby »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23172 on: May 27, 2011, 02:31:48 pm »
i like how i know nothing about the peace loving "hip hop" acts at rock the bells . . . when it seems that half the acts are members of wutang.

You also don't know how to find a rock show with a mosh pit.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #23173 on: May 27, 2011, 02:33:16 pm »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:19:09 pm by walkonby »

Relaxer

« Reply #23174 on: May 27, 2011, 02:46:07 pm »
Birchmere Bob Mould show now billed as "'See a Little Light': An evening of reading and music with BOB MOULD".

I just finished his book called See a Little Light. It was okay. Naturally not nearly enough of the Husker years.
oword