Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10604725 times)

mdh9857

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26220 on: April 25, 2012, 09:24:25 am »
Identity Festival
Eric Prydz, Wolfgang Gartner, Excision, Madeon, Porter Robinson, Nero (DJ-set), Paul Van Dyk, Arty, Doctor P, Noisia, Showtek, Bingo Players + More
7/27/2012
JLL
$25 (until prices go up)

It seems like all of the "big stars" who were on it decided they are better off doing solo shows.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26221 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:51 am »
The Hives
June 19
Awesome! Do they have a new album coming out?
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26222 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:52 am »
The Hives
June 19

don't talk in here.  eltee can't find shows.   ::)

hutch

« Reply #26223 on: April 25, 2012, 10:11:47 am »
The Hives
June 19

don't talk in here.  eltee can't find shows.   ::)

how did nomeimporta edit eltee's comment?

killsaly

« Reply #26224 on: April 25, 2012, 10:20:15 am »
El-P + Killer Mike + Mr. Motherf*ckin' Exquire + Despot
July 15
RNRH

HOAX, GIVE & SEWN LEATHER; 5/18 AT GOLDEN WEST
(when did Sewn Leather start doing shows again?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:38:44 am by killsaly »

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #26225 on: April 25, 2012, 11:44:30 am »
7/17
Neko Case + Kelly Hogan
Ram's Head Live

Wtf....why are Neko, Blitzen Trapper and Wilco all on the same night?

James Ford

« Reply #26226 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »
I think the clear answer is do Neko on one night, Wilco on the other, and skip Blitzen Crapper cuz they suck balls. And cuz Birchmere sucks donkey balls.

7/17
Neko Case + Kelly Hogan
Ram's Head Live

hutch

« Reply #26227 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:33 pm »
I think the clear answer is do Neko on one night, Wilco on the other, and skip Blitzen Crapper cuz they suck balls. And cuz Birchmere sucks donkey balls.

7/17
Neko Case + Kelly Hogan
Ram's Head Live

don't get the birchmere hate... its not for you..its not for me (I don't think I've been there in six or seven years and that was a bandstand show [JORGE BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!] but its a great place for many people...its just catering to a different clientele...doesn't mean it sucks!

bellenseb

« Reply #26228 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:00 pm »
I haven't been in a while, but apparently they are "renovating" the bandstand and will try to book more shows there - which I would really like, as an Alexandrian. Much easier to drop in on a Bandstand show than endure the whole site-down rigamarole.

7/17
Neko Case + Kelly Hogan
Ram's Head Live

don't get the birchmere hate... its not for you..its not for me (I don't think I've been there in six or seven years and that was a bandstand show [JORGE BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!] but its a great place for many people...its just catering to a different clientele...doesn't mean it sucks!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26229 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »
oh god . . . eltee is up shits creek.   ;)

Staralfur25

« Reply #26230 on: April 25, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »
scissor sisters. 7-2   :-*   i love you seth. 

James Ford

« Reply #26231 on: April 25, 2012, 02:13:18 pm »
Let me at least try to explain.
They actually book quite a few shows that appeal to me. However:

1. Ticketmaster service charges are set up by Ticketmaster and we do not have any say in the matter. Tickets purchased at the Birchmere Box Office, will have a $4.50 service charge per ticket. This charge is for our Box Office Staff, Parking, and Security. "We want you here, happy & safe!"

*As of July 1, 2005 the City of Alexandria has passed an Admissions Entertainment Tax of 50 cents per ticket sold. This tax has been added to the Service Charge. Therefore all tickets purchased at The Birchmere Box Ofc will have a $4.50 service fee, which includes this new tax.

They make you pay for parking even if you walk to the show, or park on the street. $4.00 per ticket goes directly to the box office staff and security? How come it's only $1 for the 9:30 and free for the Black Cat?

2. Their food really does suck. But thanks to the way they time the shows, you're either eating it or sitting in the back.

3. As reported on this board (and Birchmere patrons please correct me if I'm wrong)...no free water.

4. My wife once ordered a drink there that never came. After 20 minutes, she went to the bar and complained and ordered another drink. Within minutes, the manager showed up, threatening to kick my wife out, for "being rude to my staff NOBODY IS RUDE TO MY STAFF."

6. Their ticket prices are outrageous.
 Example: Justin Earle. Philly show: $15. Richmond show (coheadline with Todd Snider $20, children free), Birchmere: $29.50 plus those unavoidable fees.

Second Example: Vince Gill. Richmond show: $45. Birchmere show: $89.50.

7. The decor is just downright cheese. And not in a kitschy cool way.

7/17
Neko Case + Kelly Hogan
Ram's Head Live

bellenseb

« Reply #26232 on: April 25, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »
All fair enough, and yes, the water thing is true. However, Bandstand shows negate the food and waiting-around issues.

Let me at least try to explain.
They actually book quite a few shows that appeal to me. However:

1. Ticketmaster service charges are set up by Ticketmaster and we do not have any say in the matter. Tickets purchased at the Birchmere Box Office, will have a $4.50 service charge per ticket. This charge is for our Box Office Staff, Parking, and Security. "We want you here, happy & safe!"

*As of July 1, 2005 the City of Alexandria has passed an Admissions Entertainment Tax of 50 cents per ticket sold. This tax has been added to the Service Charge. Therefore all tickets purchased at The Birchmere Box Ofc will have a $4.50 service fee, which includes this new tax.

They make you pay for parking even if you walk to the show, or park on the street. $4.00 per ticket goes directly to the box office staff and security? How come it's only $1 for the 9:30 and free for the Black Cat?

2. Their food really does suck. But thanks to the way they time the shows, you're either eating it or sitting in the back.

3. As reported on this board (and Birchmere patrons please correct me if I'm wrong)...no free water.

4. My wife once ordered a drink there that never came. After 20 minutes, she went to the bar and complained and ordered another drink. Within minutes, the manager showed up, threatening to kick my wife out, for "being rude to my staff NOBODY IS RUDE TO MY STAFF."

6. Their ticket prices are outrageous.
 Example: Justin Earle. Philly show: $15. Richmond show (coheadline with Todd Snider $20, children free), Birchmere: $29.50 plus those unavoidable fees.

Second Example: Vince Gill. Richmond show: $45. Birchmere show: $89.50.

7. The decor is just downright cheese. And not in a kitschy cool way.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26233 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »
SIGUR RÓS @ SKYLINE STAGE AT THE MANN

FIRST SHOW SOLD OUT.
SECOND SHOW ADDED BY POPULAR DEMAND: SUNDAY JULY 29
ON SALE SATURDAY, APRIL 28 AT NOON.

and about the venue:

About Skyline Stage @ The Mann:
There's an all new way to love music at The Mann! Introducing The Skyline Stage, located at the top hill with the best view of the Philadelphia city skyline, a truly unique GA standing room concert experience. Enjoy great music in historic Fairmount Park like never before!
<sig>

Mark_Read

« Reply #26234 on: April 25, 2012, 02:40:31 pm »
I haven't been in a while, but apparently they are "renovating" the bandstand and will try to book more shows there - which I would really like, as an Alexandrian. Much easier to drop in on a Bandstand show than endure the whole site-down rigamarole.

When I was there last month, the bandstand stage had been moved against the wall directly opposite the entrance to the music room. I don't know if that will be permanent.