Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10656686 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27705 on: October 03, 2012, 06:37:06 pm »
With a capacity of just under 200, Jammin' Java is an intimate place to see your favorite band or performer.

Baltimore, MD's Ottobar venue holds 450 people, and is a great place for smaller acts to perform

I bet Rhett Miller makes more $$ playing Jammin Java solo than each individual member of the Feelies makes playing Ottobar. And I think you know he has at least one other ongoing bigger paying gig. (and i'm not referring to his wife's modelling contracts).

Because people in their 50's love to play dive bars. They gave up their day jobs for that?

It will be a pretty good fit for The Feelies.

from what I can tell they play on weekends and days they have off..

Rhett Miller on the other hand.. what is his deal?? Jammin' Java? That place holds what, 80 people? Maybe HE ought to get a day job.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:38:39 pm by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #27706 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:49 pm »
With a capacity of just under 200, Jammin' Java is an intimate place to see your favorite band or performer.

Baltimore, MD's Ottobar venue holds 450 people, and is a great place for smaller acts to perform

I bet Rhett Miller makes more $$ playing Jammin Java solo than each individual member of the Feelies makes playing Ottobar. And I think you know he has at least one other ongoing bigger paying gig. (and i'm not referring to his wife's modelling contracts).

Because people in their 50's love to play dive bars. They gave up their day jobs for that?

Rhett Miller on the other hand.. what is his deal?? Jammin' Java? That place holds what, 80 people? Maybe HE ought to get a day job.

so you are/were criticizing the Feelies because they don't make a lot of money.. because they play clubs? because they charge $20 to play the 930? because they play clubs even in smaller markets like Baltimore where their fanbase is smaller and therefore the venues they can play are smaller? because they did not quit their day jobs and play on weekends/days off cause they like it and obviously not because they are making a million bucks? and people who like it go and enjoy it?

THAT is what you are criticizing?
To me what the Feelies are doing is completely rock and roll.

James Ford

« Reply #27707 on: October 03, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »
I wasn't criticizing the Feelies.
I was criticizing (if you want to call it that, Ill call it "commenting to") the person who said the Ottobar was a good fit. At their ages, I would imagine the Feelies would rather be playing larger venues than shitty dive bars that hold 450 people.

so you are/were criticizing the Feelies because they don't make a lot of money.. because they play clubs? because they charge $20 to play the 930? because they play clubs even in smaller markets like Baltimore where their fanbase is smaller and therefore the venues they can play are smaller? because they did not quit their day jobs and play on weekends/days off cause they like it and obviously not because they are making a million bucks? and people who like it go and enjoy it?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:14:19 pm by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #27708 on: October 03, 2012, 08:21:32 pm »
I wasn't criticizing the Feelies.
I was criticizing (if you want to call it that, Ill call it "commenting to") the person who said the Ottobar was a good fit. At their ages, I would imagine the Feelies would rather be playing larger venues than shitty dive bars that hold 450 people.

You were putting them down dude.

Poor form.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27709 on: October 03, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »
the resident hyper-sensitive and the resident instigator

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #27710 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »

Don't ya just love this place?  :D ;D :D

shemptiness

« Reply #27711 on: October 03, 2012, 09:13:06 pm »
A match made in heaven.

Anything to announce?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #27712 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21:16 pm »
A match made in heaven.

Anything to announce?

Their engagement?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27713 on: October 03, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »
now you know why i left.

Yada

« Reply #27714 on: October 03, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »

hutch

« Reply #27715 on: October 03, 2012, 11:18:37 pm »
A match made in heaven.

Anything to announce?

I "announced" the last show.. anyone else got anything?

;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27716 on: October 04, 2012, 08:06:20 am »

which one would you rather have a beer with?  i take the instigator every time. 

hutch

« Reply #27717 on: October 04, 2012, 08:08:43 am »

which one would you rather have a beer with?  i take the instigator every time. 

You talking to yourself again?  ;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #27718 on: October 04, 2012, 08:17:49 am »
Death Grips 11/13 Blowtel

احمد

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #27719 on: October 04, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »
Lyle Lovett
Weinberg Center
Frederick, MD