Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10261246 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27840 on: October 29, 2012, 01:24:47 pm »
squarepusher show is postponed
(_|_)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #27841 on: October 29, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »
thanks!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27842 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »
I've just updated ShowlistDC with as many of the cancellations/postponements as I know about. Will continue to update it as long as I have power/etc.
http://showlistdc.com

It's good to know emergency services are still functioning.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27843 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:55 pm »
if this would have been a trey show . . . he wouldn't have postponed shit . . . f-ing bastard.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #27844 on: October 29, 2012, 03:30:07 pm »
Okay, so basically everything tonight is cancelled, except for the Velvet Lounge show (the venue has posted no information, and one of the bands performing posted on her facebook that the show was still on) and the Paperhaus show with the North Country and Banditos (the venue explicitly posted on the facebook event page that the show was still on).

Still more cancellations/postponements coming through for tomorrow.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27845 on: October 29, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »
finally . . . the truth is announced.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/29/14779868-paul-mccartney-yoko-ono-did-not-cause-beatles-split?lite

but since paul is dead, does it even matter.

hutch

« Reply #27846 on: October 29, 2012, 10:48:47 pm »
IMP is running TV ads on MSNBC (at least that one channel) for the Dylan/knopfler show.. I think they need to move tickets.. can't recall them doing that before.. the ad's production values were pretty weak actually.. lots of clips of bob back in the day though. he sounds or looks nothing like that these days! then a clip of knopfler which looks representative.him playing sailing to philadelphia

atomicfront

« Reply #27847 on: October 30, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »
IMP is running TV ads on MSNBC (at least that one channel) for the Dylan/knopfler show.. I think they need to move tickets.. can't recall them doing that before.. the ad's production values were pretty weak actually.. lots of clips of bob back in the day though. he sounds or looks nothing like that these days! then a clip of knopfler which looks representative.him playing sailing to philadelphia

well lots of luck with that as no one watches msnbc.  i flipped there during the middle of the hurricane to see if they had any news and all were just doing their biased political coverage. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27848 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:31 am »
no one watches msnbc.  i flipped there

you were saying...
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #27849 on: October 31, 2012, 12:51:31 am »

well lots of luck with that as no one watches msnbc.  i flipped there during the middle of the hurricane to see if they had any news and all were just doing their biased political coverage. 

I met one of their national corespondents the other day at work. He was in for a meeting with one of my bosses and other Town officials. Had no idea who he was until I too was flipping through the stations looking for local weather related news. Oddly enough, I found more there (happened to flip at the right times) than even from our local station. He came off as a very nice and personable guy but I couldn't tell you a thing about his tv work other than what I saw recently which had nothing to do with politics.

Now that the storm is over, my tv is in the off position and will probably stay there for another several months. If it gets flipped on, the odds are extremely low that I'll bother with the schlock that is MSNBC.

hutch

« Reply #27850 on: October 31, 2012, 01:55:07 am »

i wonder if the betting is that the sort of people who watch msnbc might be more lilberal and into a dylan show?

i don't know... i'm sure, also, that advertising rates are probably far less than cnn and fox news..

anyways, i thought it was unusual..
definitely not as many as FOX or CNN but plenty watch it.. and I"m guessing in DC market in particular.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/30/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-october-29-2012/155422/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:59:40 am by hutch »

azaghal1981

« Reply #27851 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:19 am »
Chris Hayes' show is always worth watching and DVRing if you cannot get up at 8 on weekends.
Alex Wagner's show is good, too but that comes on in the inconvenient middle of the day.
I like Maddow but definitely can see how she is not for everyone.
Rest is pretty much crap, though. Including the BS on right now.

Back to your regularly scheduled program: Naomi Punk 11/19 Backstage

Cool little band. Anyone else catch their Comet set?
Pharmakon opening for Cult of Youth.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #27852 on: October 31, 2012, 09:10:45 am »
Alex Wagner is hot.

I'd like to get her and Stefanie Cutter in a room...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27853 on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:22 am »
alex wagner and morning joe . . . are msnbc.

word.

reggie

« Reply #27854 on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:23 am »
Alex Wagner is an undercover hipster...she was the editor in chief of Fader Magazine