Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10125564 times)

nkotb

killsaly

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #30796 on: September 25, 2013, 01:18:51 pm »
Oct 3rd - The Crown

Dan Deacon (set of all new material)
Ski Mask (boston)
(New England) Patriots (boston)
Vlonde (wizard chris day)

I do not think there will be advance tickets for this.  If anyone wants to go, I would recommend being at the Crown when it opens (its a small venue and will be at capacity pretty fast).

killsaly

« Reply #30797 on: September 25, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »
 Nov 2 - Golden West
Multicult + Vaz + Deep Sleep

killsaly

« Reply #30798 on: September 25, 2013, 03:59:18 pm »
9/30 - the Crown
Which Magic (Hip h'pop beats and vocal treats)
www.whichmagic.bandcamp.com

☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏☏

C L E A N E R S (probably (a) god stuff)
www.soundcloud.com/thatsyourbrand

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Moonlasso (FL) (electronic folk seance)
www.moonlasso.bandcamp.com

ϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡϡ

Michael Parallax (FL) (electronic soul revival)
www.michael-parallax.bandcamp.com

azaghal1981

« Reply #30799 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »
Absu at The Pinch 11/14
احمد

DotTheEyes

« Reply #30800 on: September 25, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »
Albert Hammond, Jr.
11/3
U Street Music Hall

DotTheEyes

« Reply #30801 on: September 26, 2013, 01:27:19 am »
Dark Tranquility
2/2/2014
Baltimore Soundstage

DotTheEyes

« Reply #30802 on: September 26, 2013, 11:07:58 am »
Thundercat
11/26
U Street Music Hall

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #30803 on: September 26, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/52447-rock-the-bells-cancel-new-jersey-and-dc-festivals/

Rock The Bells is cancelled (no doubt because of gentrification) which IDT has not been reported here yet ttbomk.
LVMH

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #30804 on: September 26, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/52447-rock-the-bells-cancel-new-jersey-and-dc-festivals/

Rock The Bells is cancelled (no doubt because of gentrification) which IDT has not been reported here yet ttbomk.

Typical shit around here. Too good to be true. I wasn't going to go because they a rule against promoting your own product there at Rock The Bells anyway.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:40:17 pm by Ardamus »

Yada

« Reply #30805 on: September 26, 2013, 04:49:20 pm »

not sure what gentrification has to do with it, but I'm not surprised in the cancellation.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #30806 on: September 26, 2013, 06:03:28 pm »
the festival scene has morphed and changed and been done so many times, that im not surprised that anything of the sorts is cancelled.  there is always a reason that is hidden behind another reason to why the show will not go on.  why was it called rock the bells, by the way?

killsaly

« Reply #30807 on: September 26, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »
It was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. 
http://www.rockthebells.net/rock-the-bells-cancelled-in-dc-ny/
ROCK THE BELLS 2013 FESTIVAL SERIES

ROCK THE BELLS FESTIVAL CANCELLED IN WASHINGTON, DC & NEW YORK CITY

FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AT POINT-OF-PURCHASE

FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS EXPRESS THEIR SENTIMENTS

Festival organizers, Guerilla Union, announced today that the upcoming Rock the Bells Festival tour-stops in Washington, DC and New York City are now cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. The festival was slated to take place in Washington, DC this weekend (September 28 and 29) and New York City the following weekend (October 4 and 5).

Chang Weisberg, founder and owner of Guerilla Union states: ?First and foremost, it is with great sadness and disappointment that we must cancel the Washington, DC and New York City Rock the Bells dates due to lack of ticket sales. I, along with our staff, the artists, and all of the sponsors, media partners, local promoters, and radio stations involved are thankful for our supporters and the fans that planned on attending. It?s extremely unfortunate that we can?t complete the last half of the 10th Anniversary Rock the Bells tour. We did everything in our power to save the show. Unfortunately, the financial loss would have been devastating. This festival has been ten years in the making.  I am truly sorry we could not produce the show for all the fans who did buy their ticket in support of.?

Full refunds will be honored at the location where fans purchased their tickets.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #30808 on: September 26, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »
Richard Campbell's Frankenstein (A Prog-Metal Rock Opera)
11/25
Black Cat

Might be an experience.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #30809 on: September 26, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »
the festival scene has morphed and changed and been done so many times, that im not surprised that anything of the sorts is cancelled.  there is always a reason that is hidden behind another reason to why the show will not go on.  why was it called rock the bells, by the way?

They made the festivals two days for one. And I'm pretty sure that hologram shit costed quite a bit, too. I don't like their no promo policy for other people/artists that attend so I didn't want to go based on that notion. Kind of wack to not allow other folks to promote if they would like to.

Forgot why its called Rock The Bells. Only thing I remember from it really is that MURS was a partner in it with Guerilla Union.