Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10022858 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #34035 on: November 30, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »
Dec 18
LORD GRUNGE / FUTURE PEOPLE / MICKEY FREE / GLITTORIS / ECHO
Windup Space

Unsanity

« Reply #34036 on: November 30, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »
17 Jan
Weekend Nachos, Noisem, Homewrecker, and Genocide Pact
Metro Gallery

Big step up from Chef Tony's for WN.
you must have missed these posts Unsanity.

Yeah I did! I remembered folks talking about the Chef Tony's gig and was wondering why no one mentioned that Metro Gallery show haha. That show is gonna be a monster!

wml7

« Reply #34037 on: December 01, 2014, 09:14:48 am »
Lana Del Rey
6/11 Lube
 ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #34038 on: December 01, 2014, 10:21:26 am »
^ I think that is with Hole.
Or at least Courtney Love.

Edit: No it's not.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #34039 on: December 01, 2014, 11:04:13 am »
why does Julian have such a hard-on for Ardamus? Was there a past scuffle the board should know about?

P.S. mmmm... bacon and beer.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34040 on: December 01, 2014, 11:54:55 am »
somehow . . . i think it is a weird, off tv based comedy troupe copy art house project routine they cooked up together, just to quasi promote the relationships between two worlds of introspection.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #34041 on: December 01, 2014, 12:22:56 pm »
somehow . . . i think it is a weird, off tv based comedy troupe copy art house project routine they cooked up together, just to quasi promote the relationships between two worlds of introspection.
Fuck, Walkie is breaking the fourth wall. We have to kill off our stereotypical homosexual character before the start of season 4.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #34042 on: December 01, 2014, 12:53:50 pm »
why does Julian have such a hard-on for Ardamus? Was there a past scuffle the board should know about?

I can't figure it out either.  Ardamus only has eight posts in 2014 and only three promote something of his.  Hardly an egregious violation of any unwritten rule about self promotion.  Best I can figure is Julian was angry about being called a female.  Careful yada, you may be next on the Julian hit list.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #34043 on: December 01, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
^ haha missed that, it's Julie from now on!  ;D
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #34044 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:31 pm »

I can't figure it out either.  Ardamus only has eight posts in 2014 and only three promote something of his.  Hardly an egregious violation of any unwritten rule about self promotion.  Best I can figure is Julian was angry about being called a female.  Careful yada, you may be next on the Julian hit list.

It goes back to their days together in a richmond DJ collective known as Juliamus....they used to DJ at the Flood Zone back in the 1990s.... unfortunately at a Cracker show in 1992 or so Ardamus made the great mistake of playing some Dave Matthews Band (a local favorite who used to play there wednesday nights for $5) and Julian wigged out...ever since then its been a battle with lines clearly drawn... in the settlement Julian retained rights over Virginia while Ardamus got DC and Maryland but its been an uneasy truce obviously...internet control was never hashed out so its unclear whether the 930 Club falls under DC or Ardamus' sphere of interest or not.. .

I think its best if we stay out of it and let it play itself out...wouldn't want to be collateral damage

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34045 on: December 01, 2014, 01:11:23 pm »
Post of the year!
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #34046 on: December 01, 2014, 01:26:45 pm »

It goes back to their days together in a richmond DJ collective known as Juliamus....they used to DJ at the Flood Zone back in the 1990s.... unfortunately at a Cracker show in 1992 or so Ardamus made the great mistake of playing some Dave Matthews Band (a local favorite who used to play there wednesday nights for $5) and Julian wigged out...ever since then its been a battle with lines clearly drawn... in the settlement Julian retained rights over Virginia while Ardamus got DC and Maryland but its been an uneasy truce obviously...internet control was never hashed out so its unclear whether the 930 Club falls under DC or Ardamus' sphere of interest or not.. .

I think its best if we stay out of it and let it play itself out...wouldn't want to be collateral damage
No, no. I got Virginia and he got Maryland and we decided The District was neutral territory.
LVMH

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #34047 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »
Lana Del Rey
6/11 Lube
 ;D

Exactly the face I made.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #34048 on: December 01, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

unfortunately at a Cracker show in 1992 or so Ardamus made the great mistake of playing some Dave Matthews Band (a local favorite who used to play there wednesday nights for $5) and Julian wigged out...
A girlfriend of mine in early 90's tended bar at the floodzone and would work on Wed nights.  She'd beg me to come to work with her.  Even with the promise of all the free booze I could hold it was always...."sorry honey, maybe next week."

hutch

« Reply #34049 on: December 01, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »

unfortunately at a Cracker show in 1992 or so Ardamus made the great mistake of playing some Dave Matthews Band (a local favorite who used to play there wednesday nights for $5) and Julian wigged out...
A girlfriend of mine in early 90's tended bar at the floodzone and would work on Wed nights.  She'd beg me to come to work with her.  Even with the promise of all the free booze I could hold it was always...."sorry honey, maybe next week."

yeah....wednesday's at Flood Zone was THE party for the fratfucks from U of R.... I can't picture you there...

by the way reading the article in Rolling Stone about the UVA gangrapes etc I was struck by how much it resembled the U of R I went too.... I always thought UVA was different...