Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10149578 times)

killsaly

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #36645 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:56 pm »
I don't have the same hatred for Sheer Mag that some on here do but I don't mind missing them if you wanna go and get there late.
Maybe not, but I have a feeling that they will add some local bands that both of us would want to see, and we would need to be there for the whole thing anyway.  I am not against hanging outside during their set, or going to the Crown.

bellenseb

« Reply #36646 on: December 17, 2015, 10:03:09 am »
Rhett Miller
2/21
Jammin Java

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36647 on: December 17, 2015, 12:35:27 pm »
Downtown Boys/Pissed Jeans
Black cat
2/26
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36648 on: December 17, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »
Cloud Cult
4/06/2016   
U Street Music Hall

forgot if this was already announced...
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #36649 on: December 17, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »
Cloud Cult
4/06/2016   
U Street Music Hall

forgot if this was already announced...

Yes, by you 9 days ago.  I will definitely be there, and I cant wait to hear their new album.

don't think this has been posted yet:

2016 CLOUD CULT "SEEKER" TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED!
04/06/2016 US DC Washington U Street Music Hall

bonus content:

WATCH NEW CLOUD CULT SHORT DOCUMENTARY AND PERFORMANCE
Twin Cities Public Television's "Lowertown Line" followed the band this last summer and put together an amazing 30 minute documentary that just came out today! Watch the weird rituals we do before a show. See our Earthology Park. See footage of an outdoor live performance in Minneapolis. Learn about our environmental nonprofit organization, and see goofy old photos of us as kids.
Watch: http://www.lowertownline.org/video_artist/cloud-cult/

« Reply #36650 on: December 17, 2015, 09:58:24 pm »
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36651 on: December 18, 2015, 12:34:15 pm »
NPR sweet 16 celebration
930 club
Sharon Van Etten
Dan Deacon
1/13
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #36652 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
Why are the lineups for NYE in Baltimore/DC, always kind of lame, every single, year?  I mean, seriously... The only one I was interested in was the Spank Rock show, and that was cancelled.  Abdu Ali just announced something that looks fun... But the rest?  (Copy pasted from DC Showlist's website)
Thursday, 31 December 2015

? (Sir) Joe Quarterman and FreeSoul with singers Michael Mwenso & the Shakes featuring Brianna Thomas - Kennedy Center (Millennium Stage)
? the Beanstalk Library, Uptown Boys Choir, and the Jackfields (Mike Reina & Drew Morris) - IOTA Club & Café
? Chaka Khan - Kennedy Center (Concert Hall)
? Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires - the Hamilton
? Cris Jacobs Band and Friends (2 sets), Bawdy Shop Burlesque, and Brooks Long & the Mad Dog No Good - Baltimore SoundStage
? the Cyrus Chestnut Trio - Blues Alley (Two shows)
? Dial 251 Unplugged - Mr. Henry's Restaurant [601 Pennsylvania Ave SE, WDC]
? Dian Schuur and Strings, Celebrating Sinatra's Centenary - Kennedy Center (Terrace Theater - 7 & 9 PM)
? Doc Scantlin & His Imperial Palms Orchestra - Bethesda Blues & Jazz Club [7719 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD]
? Gauche, Flamers, Hothead, Teen Liver, Default Handshake, Cool People, and Snail Mail - Bathtub Republic's New Location [2511 10th Street NE, WDC]
? the Infamous Stringdusters and Cabinet - Rams Head Live! (Baltimore)
? the Legwarmers - State Theatre
? Marcus Johnson - Rams Head Tavern (Annapolis)
? Melodime, the Roosevelts, Steve Everett - Jammin' Java - sold out
? Nadastrom, Tittsworth, and Ken Lazee - U St Music Hall (Late show - 10 PM)
? New Years Eve Cover Show - Sidebar Tavern (Baltimore)
? Papadosio and Chon - Fillmore Silver Spring
? Peaches O'Dell & Her Orchestra - Black Cat
? Pimps of Joytime and the Ron Holloway Band - Gypsy Sally's
? the Seldom Scene, Gold Heart, and Only Lonesome - Birchmere
? Spank Rock, Bond St. District, Scottie B., Normaling, and Kate Boss - Metro Gallery (Baltimore) CANCELLED
? St. Paul & the Broken Bones and Trouble Funk - 9:30 Club
Is it because everyone would rather play other markets on December 31??? Are all the rest of the bands off or in NYC?  Why is it like that here??? I don't mean to hate, I am sure all of the shows in that posting would be a good time, just none of them appeal to me/jumped out at me (except of course the one cancelled show and also the Bathtub Republic one looks fun)...

The show I am interested in does not even have a location listed...
Dec 31
ABDU ALIs NYE PARTY LIT FEST

LIVE: ELON, GREYDOLF, BUTCH DAWSON, BENNY BOELDT
DJs: VJUAN ALLURE, ABDU ALI, GRAHAM HATKE
PERFORMANCE ART BY BALTI-GURLS
HOSTED BY PLATFORM GALLERY & KAHLON

Relaxer

« Reply #36653 on: December 18, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »
Probably because the club owners know they can put some c-level band on-stage, buy a crate of cheap, shitty champagne, and then sell $75 tickets to the NEW YEARS EVE EXTRAVAGANZA OMG!!!!!!!!!
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #36654 on: December 18, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »
Probably because the club owners know they can put some c-level band on-stage, buy a crate of cheap, shitty champagne, and then sell $75 tickets to the NEW YEARS EVE EXTRAVAGANZA OMG!!!!!!!!!
That plus the fact that most bands - like most people to begin with - would prefer not to work that evening.
LVMH

RustyOrgan

« Reply #36655 on: December 18, 2015, 03:03:52 pm »
Charles Bradley is awesome!!

Why are the lineups for NYE in Baltimore/DC, always kind of lame, every single, year?  I mean, seriously... The only one I was interested in was the Spank Rock show, and that was cancelled.  Abdu Ali just announced something that looks fun... But the rest?  (Copy pasted from DC Showlist's website)

? (Sir) Joe Quarterman and FreeSoul with singers Michael Mwenso & the Shakes featuring Brianna Thomas - Kennedy Center (Millennium Stage)
? the Beanstalk Library, Uptown Boys Choir, and the Jackfields (Mike Reina & Drew Morris) - IOTA Club & Café
? Cris Jacobs Band and Friends (2 sets), Bawdy Shop Burlesque, and Brooks Long & the Mad Dog No Good - Baltimore SoundStage
? Dian Schuur and Strings, Celebrating Sinatra's Centenary - Kennedy Center (Terrace Theater - 7 & 9 PM)
? Doc Scantlin & His Imperial Palms Orchestra - Bethesda Blues & Jazz Club [7719 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD]
? Gauche, Flamers, Hothead, Teen Liver, Default Handshake, Cool People, and Snail Mail - Bathtub Republic's New Location [2511 10th Street NE, WDC]
? Spank Rock, Bond St. District, Scottie B., Normaling, and Kate Boss - Metro Gallery (Baltimore) CANCELLED
Is it because everyone would rather play other markets on December 31??? Are all the rest of the bands off or in NYC?  Why is it like that here??? I don't mean to hate, I am sure all of the shows in that posting would be a good time, just none of them appeal to me/jumped out at me (except of course the one cancelled show and also the Bathtub Republic one looks fun)...

Dec 31

Space Freely

« Reply #36656 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08:31 pm »
Charles Bradley is awesome!!

Dec 31

Actually, he's not. I think you're confusing Charles Bradley with Lee Fields, who is awesome.

killsaly

« Reply #36657 on: December 18, 2015, 03:12:53 pm »
I did not mean to imply that none of the artists are any good, it was more of a blanket statement about NYE and Baltimore/DC every year, and the lack of what I would consider must see artists playing in either city.

hutch

« Reply #36658 on: December 18, 2015, 03:31:31 pm »
its weird..in the main shitshows

Unsanity

« Reply #36659 on: December 19, 2015, 03:35:34 am »
What! Sir Joe Quarterman is playing Millennium Stage for NYE? My friend has his record and I have one of his 45's and that funky stuff cooks! I had no clue Free Soul was still around.