Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10499178 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #39255 on: September 07, 2016, 02:04:51 pm »
So who's got the promo code for the Green Day presale that's on now?

<-- now accepting judgement on taste in music
Do you want to go because you were too young to have seen them in their heyday and are feeling nostalgic for simpler times?  Or are you a fan who listens to the new music that they put out?

Hoping for older material. Saw them only in arenas and at Merriweather around american idiot.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #39256 on: September 07, 2016, 02:18:57 pm »
They've dropped some names for the ?Freedom Sounds: A Community Celebration? festival on Sept. 24 and 25 on the Mall:

Public Enemy
Living Colour
Roots
Experience Unlimited
Meshell Ndegeocello

I cribbed that info from the Post but can't find anything on the museum site, if anyone else has a link with the full lineup and or/set times please post.

Bags

« Reply #39257 on: September 07, 2016, 02:25:09 pm »
Ps - anyone going to see the Buzzcocks? I'll hopefully be at the show for real.
Cannot wait for the Buzzcocks.  Steve Diggle is one of my favorite rockers, you can see the beat of RnR in his eyes and the joy of performing on his face.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #39258 on: September 07, 2016, 02:57:41 pm »
I'd go only on the condition that the ticket was free along with the mud.

Guess I'll try on Friday anyway..

I don't think I've thought about Greenday since they had mud thrown at them at Woodstock. I'd go see them if someone gave me a free ticket.

travelinbeat

« Reply #39259 on: September 07, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »

Do you want to go because you were too young to have seen them in their heyday and are feeling nostalgic for simpler times?  Or are you a fan who listens to the new music that they put out?

Nostalgia for sure.  I never saw them back in their awesome HFStival days, and they've been on my to-see list for like 20 years.  I have never been interested in seeing them at Verizon or whatever other terrible venues they play, but I'm damn sure excited to see them at 930!  Here's hoping I get like 3-4 songs I know and like! 

saintangelsin

« Reply #39260 on: September 07, 2016, 04:00:26 pm »
$65 is not that expensive. I mean, how much would tickets be if it was at the Patriot Center? They'd still be close to $50 I bet.

You're totally right. I'm just actually surprised that they're playing small venues. And truth be told, I loved Greenday pretty much until I realized how half-assed American Idiot the album is. The song is still relevant. But I miss the days when the band just didn't give a fuck and just rocked it. Back when they were themselves, and Billy Joe Armstrong was not imitating John Lennon or trying hard to prove that he was important.

Just putting it out there, I'm not gonna judge anyone. Hell, I'd love to attend this show. But I don't want to hear the entire night consisting of new material and their 2 most recent albums. basically, I want Greenday to pretend it's the late 90's again lol.

Yada

« Reply #39261 on: September 07, 2016, 04:23:57 pm »
$65 is not that expensive. I mean, how much would tickets be if it was at the Patriot Center? They'd still be close to $50 I bet.

You're totally right. I'm just actually surprised that they're playing small venues. And truth be told, I loved Greenday pretty much until I realized how half-assed American Idiot the album is. The song is still relevant. But I miss the days when the band just didn't give a fuck and just rocked it. Back when they were themselves, and Billy Joe Armstrong was not imitating John Lennon or trying hard to prove that he was important.

Just putting it out there, I'm not gonna judge anyone. Hell, I'd love to attend this show. But I don't want to hear the entire night consisting of new material and their 2 most recent albums. basically, I want Greenday to pretend it's the late 90's again lol.

WELCOME TO PARADISE!!!!

hutch

« Reply #39262 on: September 07, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »
$65 to see them at the 930 is WAY CHEAP.... you have to think people will pay $50 plus fees to watch them from nosebleeds.. compare that to watching them from the 930?? come on.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #39263 on: September 07, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »
Agreed.

$65 to see them at the 930 is WAY CHEAP.... you have to think people will pay $50 plus fees to watch them from nosebleeds.. compare that to watching them from the 930?? come on.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #39264 on: September 07, 2016, 05:26:24 pm »
Hoping I get like 3-4 songs I know and like as well!

Nostalgia for sure.  I never saw them back in their awesome HFStival days, and they've been on my to-see list for like 20 years.  I have never been interested in seeing them at Verizon or whatever other terrible venues they play, but I'm damn sure excited to see them at 930!  Here's hoping I get like 3-4 songs I know and like! 

killsaly

« Reply #39265 on: September 07, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »
12/4
America
@ Birchmere

saintangelsin

« Reply #39266 on: September 07, 2016, 06:55:34 pm »
Ps - anyone going to see the Buzzcocks? I'll hopefully be at the show for real.
Cannot wait for the Buzzcocks.  Steve Diggle is one of my favorite rockers, you can see the beat of RnR in his eyes and the joy of performing on his face.

Excellent 😎 Maybe we can meet up if I'm able to go!

MAGA 2020

« Reply #39267 on: September 07, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »
They've dropped some names for the ?Freedom Sounds: A Community Celebration? festival on Sept. 24 and 25 on the Mall:

Public Enemy
Living Colour
Roots
Experience Unlimited
Meshell Ndegeocello

I cribbed that info from the Post but can't find anything on the museum site, if anyone else has a link with the full lineup and or/set times please post.

Living Colour plays Nova/DC every other month it seems.

hutch

« Reply #39268 on: September 07, 2016, 09:25:53 pm »
John K Band
State Theatre
12-29/30

I would not be shocked if they add a NYE show..but i have not checked John K's site..

hutch

« Reply #39269 on: September 07, 2016, 09:26:43 pm »
Lupe Fiasco
Howard
10-19