Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10017547 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #43410 on: May 10, 2018, 07:05:42 pm »
So how much of the tickets wil end up on stubhub?
(_|_)

bellenseb

« Reply #43411 on: May 11, 2018, 09:23:09 am »
GRUFF RHYS
DC9
10/11

gavroche

« Reply #43412 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:25 am »

I'm sure there will be plenty, but my guess is that it will be less than for most shows like this.  There are costs associated with selling hard tickets (fed-ex, etc..), and the limit of four per person means that the return to sitting in line can't be that great.

They could have done the ID check thing and made it harder for resale, but of course that means the lines to get in would be brutal.

I'm ok with this as a distribution system, though I think it would have been better if they limited it to two tickets per person in line.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #43413 on: May 11, 2018, 10:42:05 am »
NIN attempted the ID check route for the NINJA tour. They didn't end up checking anything at the gate, though.

Space Freely

« Reply #43414 on: May 11, 2018, 10:45:46 am »

I'm sure there will be plenty, but my guess is that it will be less than for most shows like this.  There are costs associated with selling hard tickets (fed-ex, etc..), and the limit of four per person means that the return to sitting in line can't be that great.

They could have done the ID check thing and made it harder for resale, but of course that means the lines to get in would be brutal.

I'm ok with this as a distribution system, though I think it would have been better if they limited it to two tickets per person in line.

Why is two ok but not four?
Seems kind of random.
Are you  against families or throuples going to concerts?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #43415 on: May 11, 2018, 10:50:08 am »
Do you guys think your years of infantile, idiotic whining over ticketing convenience fees might have led to this ridiculous ticketing method as a self-fulfilling prophecy punishment?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:53:27 am by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #43416 on: May 11, 2018, 11:15:54 am »
Do you guys think your years of infantile, idiotic whining over ticketing convenience fees might have led to this ridiculous ticketing method as a self-fulfilling prophecy punishment?

Are you saying there are no ticket fees for people who wait in line for any of the shows on this tour? Seems like a winner to me.

Yada

« Reply #43417 on: May 11, 2018, 11:17:11 am »

Are you saying there are no ticket fees for people who wait in line for any of the shows on this tour? Seems like a winner to me.

$pace is the kinda guy that would wait in line for four hours, metro to and from, and bring food from home to snack on in line to save $5.34 a ticket.

« Reply #43418 on: May 11, 2018, 11:17:28 am »

What's your time to ticket fee ratio on someone who waits in line for 4.5 hours to get tickets with a 30 minute travel time in each direction?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43419 on: May 11, 2018, 12:06:03 pm »
NIN attempted the ID check route for the NINJA tour. They didn't end up checking anything at the gate, though.

maybe not for you, but i got the fifth degree on my way in to the show in holmdel.  maybe it was because i had great seats, so they were only checking folks up front?
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #43420 on: May 11, 2018, 03:36:29 pm »
I was in the first couple of rows at MPP. Didn't ask for an ID.

gavroche

« Reply #43421 on: May 11, 2018, 04:03:18 pm »

Seems kind of random.

Seems pretty simple to me, if you want less tickets to make it to stubhub than you make more people actually wait in line for their own tickets.  Decreasing the number of tickets that each individual can get does that. 

No question that there is a little bit of collatoral damage.  Less kids, or both members of a family of 4 have to wait in line.  I'm not to aggrieved by either of those outcomes.

There are impacts no matter what method of distribution you have.  That's just the reality when you have a commodity that they are selling at less than "market" rate in limited numbers.

Space Freely

« Reply #43422 on: May 11, 2018, 04:14:48 pm »

Seems kind of random.

Seems pretty simple to me, if you want less tickets to make it to stubhub than you make more people actually wait in line for their own tickets.  Decreasing the number of tickets that each individual can get does that. 

No question that there is a little bit of collatoral damage.  Less kids, or both members of a family of 4 have to wait in line.  I'm not to aggrieved by either of those outcomes.

There are impacts no matter what method of distribution you have.  That's just the reality when you have a commodity that they are selling at less than "market" rate in limited numbers.

Thanks for the well stated explanation. The thought of Julian waiting nine hours in line for two tickets  (instead of 4.5 hours for four tickets) makes me giddy. Bring on the two ticket limit!

« Reply #43423 on: May 11, 2018, 04:31:56 pm »
The thought of Julian waiting nine hours in line for two tickets  (instead of 4.5 hours for four tickets) makes me giddy. Bring on the two ticket limit!
(1) There is zero chance I would miss a royal wedding to queue most anything, much less for tickets.
(2) I would never support such an absurd, regressive ticketing system with my money.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #43424 on: May 11, 2018, 05:18:31 pm »
The thought of Julian waiting nine hours in line for two tickets  (instead of 4.5 hours for four tickets) makes me giddy. Bring on the two ticket limit!
(1) There is zero chance I would miss a royal wedding to queue most anything, much less for tickets.
(2) I would never support such an absurd, regressive ticketing system with my money.

Or like any true upper crust, you have someone wait in line for you.