Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10032963 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #44370 on: December 04, 2018, 01:26:40 pm »
Citizen Cope
this cat never broke like they though he would...almost one of DC's biggest acts
shame that Post Malone is considered the second coming of Citizen Cope

So many questions.

Who thought he was going to break through? Who thinks Post Malone is the second coming of Citizen Cope? Also, I've heard maybe one Citizen Cope song in my life, isn't he in the same genre as G-love-esque/lame white boy reggae/funk?

You shut your pie hole about G Love!!

I'm admittedly a pretty big fan of his first three albums... When he turned primarily a rapper, I lost interest reaalllll quick.

Yah me too but he stopped the rapping a long time ago....

He has a Christmas album just out...

Coast to Coast is a masterpiece but unfortunately unlike anything else he has done probably due to Jim Dickinson producing

Yada

« Reply #44371 on: December 04, 2018, 01:34:59 pm »
M. Doughty performing Ruby Vroom for 25th anniversary @ U St Music Hall on 2/27/19

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #44372 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
Spiritualized
Lincoln 4\16

Yada

« Reply #44373 on: December 04, 2018, 01:43:23 pm »

« Reply #44374 on: December 04, 2018, 01:46:11 pm »
Back around 2002-2005 (i'm spitballing years here) I remember Citizen Cope getting so much hype. The Post Malone thing I do not get.
can confirm both
although PM is much bigger than CC ever was even if no one hear has heard of him
Post Malone's net worth is already $14 million as of 2018; which is impressive for only a two-year career so far.
the worst part is he's one ugly dude

although gets points for the nudie suit
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:51:07 pm by Individual 1 ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

Yada

« Reply #44375 on: December 04, 2018, 01:48:26 pm »
Spiritualized
Lincoln 4\16

Omg

Shit... spring break week. Probably not around!!! Ugh

hutch

« Reply #44376 on: December 04, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »
James Blake
2-21
Anthem

rich_WDC

« Reply #44377 on: December 04, 2018, 03:56:43 pm »
Hootie and the Blowfish
Barenaked Ladies
MPP
Aug 8

Also JLL Jul 27.
[/quote]

What the hell?
[/quote]I mean, if that's not a tour that can sell 45,000 tickets in a combined metro area, I don't know what is. /s
[/quote]

So when I saw these listings here I was SO SOLIDLY SURE that someone had jumped the gun in announcing JLL or MPP and that Live Nation (which I guess has the tour) and I.M.P. (which has solid history with the band and Darius) were just fighting it out and one would win by paying a dollar more or whatever....     
To think that of all bands that would be doing double-duty in the area, within two weeks, it'd be this one -- wow!      I just am glad I don't make wagers on these kinds of things...

gavroche

« Reply #44378 on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:33 pm »
Hootie and the Blowfish
Barenaked Ladies
MPP
Aug 8

Also JLL Jul 27.

What the hell?
[/quote]I mean, if that's not a tour that can sell 45,000 tickets in a combined metro area, I don't know what is. /s
[/quote]

So when I saw these listings here I was SO SOLIDLY SURE that someone had jumped the gun in announcing JLL or MPP and that Live Nation (which I guess has the tour) and I.M.P. (which has solid history with the band and Darius) were just fighting it out and one would win by paying a dollar more or whatever....     
To think that of all bands that would be doing double-duty in the area, within two weeks, it'd be this one -- wow!      I just am glad I don't make wagers on these kinds of things...
[/quote]

It doesn't seem so crazy to me that someone would play both MPP and JLL.  I know it takes a HUGE draw to get me to brave the traffic to go to JLL from downtown.  I've honestly driven up to both Philly and NYC more frequently for shows over the last decade.

Clearly that bill can't fill either but I wonder if they really have that much overlap by playing twice.

hutch

« Reply #44379 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:22 pm »
Hootie is huge and have not toured in a while and will appeal to both people around va and md...both these will do well

Remember bro country is huge even if we hate it

MAGA 2020

« Reply #44380 on: December 04, 2018, 05:37:48 pm »
Not a fan but honestly there are worse bands that had success.  Now that the singer went "country" I imagine their fanbase is bigger than it was in the 90's or whenever they were huge.

mekmad

« Reply #44381 on: December 04, 2018, 10:20:42 pm »
Spiritualized
Lincoln 4\16

Omg

Seated General Admission, ugh.  Has that experience gotten any better at the Lincoln? 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #44382 on: December 04, 2018, 10:41:28 pm »
Back around 2002-2005 (i'm spitballing years here) I remember Citizen Cope getting so much hype. The Post Malone thing I do not get.
can confirm both
although PM is much bigger than CC ever was even if no one hear has heard of him
Post Malone's net worth is already $14 million as of 2018; which is impressive for only a two-year career so far.
the worst part is he's one ugly dude

Nudie-inspired suit. Didn't think it was a real one, and not because Nudie Cohn's been dead for over 30 years. It's just missing that je ne sais quoi of an original.
😐 🎶

mekmad

« Reply #44383 on: December 05, 2018, 01:09:00 am »
Spiritualized
Lincoln 4\16

Omg

Seated General Admission, ugh.  Has that experience gotten any better at the Lincoln?

Super Excellent Seats at the Lincoln, I'd pay a premium for that to avoid standing in line all day!  I guess that belongs in the Hey Seth thread.

« Reply #44384 on: December 05, 2018, 08:50:45 am »
Nudie-inspired suit. Didn't think it was a real one, and not because Nudie Cohn's been dead for over 30 years. It's just missing that je ne sais quoi of an original.
for sure inspired...but I don't see Riff-Raff sporting one
slack