Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10023330 times)

JohnnyBaconbitz

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #45765 on: June 06, 2019, 12:24:07 pm »
Spotify Presale: WilcoReturns
Floor appears to be seated?

Seated GA or assigned?

« Reply #45766 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:17 pm »
Spotify Presale: WilcoReturns
Floor appears to be seated?

Seated GA or assigned?
assigned :( 
all different sorts of tiers too?
slack

« Reply #45767 on: June 07, 2019, 11:13:29 am »
Bill Callahan at The Miracle Theatre (Second Date Added)JUL 15

also
Mowglis at Union Stage July 14
(kid will be bummed to be at camp this date)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #45768 on: June 07, 2019, 11:26:02 am »
I misread this as Mogwai at first and was, like, “your kid has some advanced taste in post-rock for being, you know, a kid.”
LVMH

« Reply #45769 on: June 07, 2019, 11:46:29 am »
I misread this as Mogwai at first and was, like, “your kid has some advanced taste in post-rock for being, you know, a kid.”
she is my kid...so ya know, it's getting in by osmosis
but not really her jam
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #45770 on: June 07, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
but not really her jam

My kid is more like I was when it comes to her dad's music...she hates it and is vocal about it.

I was playing Hot Chip and the Postal Service the other day and her response was "What the hell is this weird music?" Which I guess is better than when she tells me it's complete shit.

« Reply #45771 on: June 07, 2019, 12:25:06 pm »
but not really her jam

My kid is more like I was when it comes to her dad's music...she hates it and is vocal about it.

I was playing Hot Chip and the Postal Service the other day and her response was "What the hell is this weird music?" Which I guess is better than when she tells me it's complete shit.
let me be honest and say my kid has exactly the same reaction to 95% of my musical selections
but turned them on to a few, but mostly abject failure in that category

But I hear these interviews with artist and they are like "my mom was always playing Nina Simone or James Brown and at the time I didn't really dig it, but when I look at my musical tastes today and how they evolved, I thank my mom"
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #45772 on: June 07, 2019, 02:06:26 pm »
MST3K announced a new live tour this week and are listing National Theater as the venue for a 2 day, 3 show stay in October. National theater has yet to post any info regarding the performances. I'm hoping the listing on the MST3K website is a mistake as it appears buying tickets to shows at the National Theater is based on a membership/subscription/package purchase.

Anyone any information regarding any of this?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #45773 on: June 07, 2019, 02:21:23 pm »
MST3K announced a new live tour this week and are listing National Theater as the venue for a 2 day, 3 show stay in October. National theater has yet to post any info regarding the performances. I'm hoping the listing on the MST3K website is a mistake as it appears buying tickets to shows at the National Theater is based on a membership/subscription/package purchase.

Tickets for nonsubscribers will go onsale later. I want to see the Birbiglia show there this fall...

"Beginning June 3, new subscription packages may be purchased at TheNationalDC.com or by calling the Subscriber Hotline at (202) 753-7650. Tickets for individual performances will go on sale at a later date."

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #45774 on: June 10, 2019, 10:16:43 am »
Puddles
Pity
Party
Lincoln Theatre
Thursday 10/31

Although I do not like GA at LT, and LT on Halloween sounds problematic logistically. I endorse this.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #45775 on: June 10, 2019, 10:21:14 am »
we don't really announce clown acts here... ::)

Puddles
Pity
Party
Lincoln Theatre
Thursday 10/31

Although I do not like GA at LT, and LT on Halloween sounds problematic logistically. I endorse this.
(_|_)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #45776 on: June 10, 2019, 10:25:51 am »
we don't really announce clown acts here... ::)

Puddles
Pity
Party
Lincoln Theatre
Thursday 10/31

hemisphire

« Reply #45777 on: June 10, 2019, 12:46:12 pm »

Tickets for nonsubscribers will go onsale later. I want to see the Birbiglia show there this fall...

"Beginning June 3, new subscription packages may be purchased at TheNationalDC.com or by calling the Subscriber Hotline at (202) 753-7650. Tickets for individual performances will go on sale at a later date."

You can at least see which movies they're riffing here: https://mst3klive.com/events/

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #45778 on: June 10, 2019, 01:27:12 pm »
Eric Andre
Warner Theater
9/16

shemptiness

« Reply #45779 on: June 10, 2019, 07:45:32 pm »
Bob Mould: Sunshine Rock Tour
Rams Head on Stage