Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10012277 times)

hemisphire

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #46095 on: September 04, 2019, 12:57:09 pm »
The Last Waltz Tour 2019
A Celebration Of The Band's Historic Farewell Concert
Featuring Warren Haynes, Jamey Johnson, Lukas Nelson, John Medeski, Don Was, Terence Higgins, Dave Malone, Cyril Neville, Bob Margolin, Mark Mullins & The Levee Horns
Nov. 14
MGM National Harbor
Pre-sale begins Wednesday, September 4th at 10 AM and ends Thursday, September 6th at 10 PM. Use offer code WALTZ2019 to access tickets.

hemisphire

« Reply #46096 on: September 04, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »
Sep 21
Coat of Many Colors: The Music of Dolly Parton
by The American Pops Orchestra
Arena Stage - Fichandler Stage

Featuring the talents of:
Joan Osborne (Grammy Nominated Singer-Songwriter)
Garrett Clayton (King Cobra and Hairspray Live)
Neyla Pekarek (formerly of the Lumineers)
Morgan James (Postmodern Jukebox)
Nova Payton (Dreamgirls and Helen Hayes Award Winner)
Jess Eliot Myhre (Bumper Jacksons)
Rita Castagna (NextGen Vocal Competition Winner)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #46097 on: September 04, 2019, 01:16:23 pm »
John Mulaney
UMD Homecoming show
W 10/30 7pm
Xfinity Center

Just wanted to point out that this is arguably the first time Xfinity Center has hosted a special event that wasn't basketball or a graduation ceremony because Debbie Yow was too cheap to install rigging for concerts back when it was constructed 17 years ago.

Blows my mind how much money the university squandered during that time. Such shortsighted thinking.

pissed I'm just seeing this :( Guess I should read my MD today emails

I had read a SEE tweet. Don't know if MD today mentioned it (I very rarely read it).

The only other concerts I'm aware of were Art Attack shows. Also an Obama rally.

From SEE:

"General Public tickets and floor tickets are SOLD OUT, but stand/bowel [sic] tickets are still available for UMD students and faculty."

Yada

« Reply #46098 on: September 04, 2019, 01:26:59 pm »
The Last Waltz Tour 2019
A Celebration Of The Band's Historic Farewell Concert
Featuring Warren Haynes, Jamey Johnson, Lukas Nelson, John Medeski, Don Was, Terence Higgins, Dave Malone, Cyril Neville, Bob Margolin, Mark Mullins & The Levee Horns
Nov. 14
MGM National Harbor
Pre-sale begins Wednesday, September 4th at 10 AM and ends Thursday, September 6th at 10 PM. Use offer code WALTZ2019 to access tickets.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to purchase a 75% off ticket on the day before.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #46099 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:44 pm »
John Mulaney
UMD Homecoming show
W 10/30 7pm
Xfinity Center

Just wanted to point out that this is arguably the first time Xfinity Center has hosted a special event that wasn't basketball or a graduation ceremony because Debbie Yow was too cheap to install rigging for concerts back when it was constructed 17 years ago.

Blows my mind how much money the university squandered during that time. Such shortsighted thinking.

I had read a SEE tweet. Don't know if MD today mentioned it (I very rarely read it).

The only other concerts I'm aware of were Art Attack shows. Also an Obama rally.

From SEE:

"General Public tickets and floor tickets are SOLD OUT, but stand/bowel [sic] tickets are still available for UMD students and faculty."

What faculty/staff member wouldn't want to stand in the bowels of their students?
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #46100 on: September 04, 2019, 03:10:52 pm »
John Mulaney
UMD Homecoming show
W 10/30 7pm
Xfinity Center

From SEE:

What faculty/staff member wouldn't want to stand in the bowels of their students?
Seth just got so turned on.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #46101 on: September 04, 2019, 03:52:44 pm »
They're not my students. I got a ticket...

Yada

« Reply #46102 on: September 04, 2019, 06:10:23 pm »
My partner in life bailed on Kevin Morby tonight... if someone wants a free ticket, send me PM. Can meet at the venue around 8ish.

« Reply #46103 on: September 05, 2019, 11:57:47 am »
Tool / Killing Joke
11/25
Capital One Arena
Wow happy for killing joke

Right? What a bill.
I keep getting these emails from bandsintown and ticketmaster to buy killing joke tix
but I get a chuckle as they make it look like they are Headlining the Cap One Arena

I'd really like to catch them again, but have no interest in seeing Tool or paying Tool area pricing
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #46104 on: September 05, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »
Fan of both and have seen both recently. Will try to get tix but am not going to care if it doesn’t work out.

The new Tool album is kinda meh anyway.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #46105 on: September 05, 2019, 04:01:33 pm »
😐 🎶

lily1

« Reply #46106 on: September 05, 2019, 06:16:15 pm »
on goldstar too!

https://www.goldstar.com/events/washington-dc/coat-of-many-colors-the-music-of-dolly-parton-tickets

Sep 21
Coat of Many Colors: The Music of Dolly Parton
by The American Pops Orchestra
Arena Stage - Fichandler Stage

Featuring the talents of:
Joan Osborne (Grammy Nominated Singer-Songwriter)
Garrett Clayton (King Cobra and Hairspray Live)
Neyla Pekarek (formerly of the Lumineers)
Morgan James (Postmodern Jukebox)
Nova Payton (Dreamgirls and Helen Hayes Award Winner)
Jess Eliot Myhre (Bumper Jacksons)
Rita Castagna (NextGen Vocal Competition Winner)

TheREALHunter

« Reply #46107 on: September 06, 2019, 07:57:05 am »
GayC/DC
Black Cat
Nov 9

RustyOrgan

« Reply #46108 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15:18 am »
"meh?" WTF

Fan of both and have seen both recently. Will try to get tix but am not going to care if it doesn’t work out.

The new Tool album is kinda meh anyway.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #46109 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:30 am »
I will admit in my younger days he 2nd (and to a lesser extent 3rd) Tool albums would get a few spins in my rotation. But 10,000 Days was god-awful and the few tracks I heard off this over the weekend were just as bad. Total nostalgia act.
LVMH