Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10003532 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #47580 on: June 20, 2020, 01:59:44 pm »
no promoter wanted them here.

noticing the absence of a DC area date :(

Never was gonna be one; we've had this discussion.
Doesn't mean I can't publicly lament it every time I see them do a tour
Craig often plays solo shows here...why not the band?

It's not that simple Joe: It's more like, the band wants 3 nights or so in a city preferably in one (or two) venues if possible and an amount of money that makes sense for that. I think that it would be a hard sell for 930 to want to do that: 3600 tix, even with the folks that will travel to DC for such a show, would seem to be too many tickets to try to sell for this band IMHO. They play 4 shows in Brooklyn each year in December, but that's only 800 capacity so 3200 tix, and the Wednesday and Thursday shows sometimes don't completely sell out. And that's in New York, their home base, and obviously a bigger population center and tourist destination.

This is why I have advocated, to no one who can possibly make it happen, for the following: one 930 show, an Ottobar show, and a brewery sponsored show at maybe Union Collective or Guinness. With the idea that the brewery show pays a premium guaranty to the band, so the money works.

Thank you for listening to my Craig Talk.TM

hutch

« Reply #47581 on: June 20, 2020, 02:23:07 pm »
Oh a would be rock promoter!!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #47582 on: June 20, 2020, 02:31:30 pm »
Lets just take a minute to point out that had I revealed Challenged’s name is Craig, Yada would be foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog claiming I doxxed him.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #47583 on: June 20, 2020, 04:57:30 pm »
Lets just take a minute to point out that had I revealed Challenged’s name is Craig, Yada would be foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog claiming I doxxed him.

Pretty cool that Challenged has the same first name as the leader of his favorite band. Hopefully, for his sake, he's better looking.

« Reply #47584 on: June 20, 2020, 06:03:48 pm »

Pretty cool that Challenged has the same first name as the leader of his favorite band. Hopefully, for his sake, he's better looking.
I have it on good authority that challenged is in fact Craig from THS
slack

hutch

« Reply #47585 on: June 20, 2020, 06:26:28 pm »
Ottobar has reopened...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #47586 on: June 20, 2020, 10:07:14 pm »
Lets just take a minute to point out that had I revealed Challenged’s name is Jeff, Yada would be foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog claiming I doxxed him.

FTFY

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #47587 on: June 20, 2020, 10:08:38 pm »
Oh a would be rock promoter!!

I have none of the smarts, capital, or risk-taking ability: but I KNOW I would be good at it.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #47588 on: June 22, 2020, 08:54:07 am »
They can easily sell out the Black Cat 3 nights in a row

It's not that simple Joe: It's more like, the band wants 3 nights or so in a city preferably in one (or two) venues if possible and an amount of money that makes sense for that. I think that it would be a hard sell for 930 to want to do that: 3600 tix, even with the folks that will travel to DC for such a show, would seem to be too many tickets to try to sell for this band IMHO. They play 4 shows in Brooklyn each year in December, but that's only 800 capacity so 3200 tix, and the Wednesday and Thursday shows sometimes don't completely sell out. And that's in New York, their home base, and obviously a bigger population center and tourist destination.

This is why I have advocated, to no one who can possibly make it happen, for the following: one 930 show, an Ottobar show, and a brewery sponsored show at maybe Union Collective or Guinness. With the idea that the brewery show pays a premium guaranty to the band, so the money works.

(_|_)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #47589 on: June 22, 2020, 09:04:27 am »
They can easily sell out the Black Cat 3 nights in a row

Yes. and they could sell out 3 or more nights at Ottobar. But there's not enough $ in it. We need beer sponsorship. Make it happen.

« Reply #47590 on: June 22, 2020, 12:43:27 pm »
Circle Jerks
Black Cat (if it’s still standing)
5-8
welp at least got the refund for this
Order REFUNDED for Circle Jerks 40th Anniversary of 'Group Sex'

Will say that was an odd email subject line in the shared email account that my wife and I use ;)
slack

hutch

« Reply #47591 on: June 22, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »
See..it was a new show announcement

« Reply #47592 on: June 22, 2020, 12:58:01 pm »
See..it was a new show announcement
I meant to retract my statement...wonder why tickets wouldn't transfer?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47593 on: June 22, 2020, 01:11:14 pm »
Circle Jerks
Black Cat (if it’s still standing)
5-8
welp at least got the refund for this
Order REFUNDED for Circle Jerks 40th Anniversary of 'Group Sex'

Will say that was an odd email subject line in the shared email account that my wife and I use ;)

i guess that's one way of getting the conversation started... ;D
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #47594 on: June 24, 2020, 05:58:06 pm »
Birchmere reopening July 10 with a Billy Price show...

Cue the predictable stupid jokes about food...I mean geez don’t order any..I like the beer pitchers but don’t like having to sit or the acts they draw or their ticket prices..all reasons to avoid Birchmere unlike “food”...the only food I need at a rock show is called beer