Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10008006 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #48045 on: April 12, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »
Why should we be scared of standing in a packed club in October, if we're vaccinated? Even better if they're enforcing a vaccine passport for admission by then.

I'm not saying we should be... but every morally superior lib within 50 miles of DC won't feel comfortable. The same people arguing their kids shouldn't go back to school.

We didn’t send our kids back to school but I don’t feel morally superior for it...

Honestly Yada this was a gratuitous swipe.. the only one coming off as acting morally superior is you

Space Freely

« Reply #48046 on: April 12, 2021, 03:01:22 pm »
Why should we be scared of standing in a packed club in October, if we're vaccinated? Even better if they're enforcing a vaccine passport for admission by then.

I'm not saying we should be... but every morally superior lib within 50 miles of DC won't feel comfortable. The same people arguing their kids shouldn't go back to school.

I will feel comfortable getting back to normal life (masked) once my kid is fully vaccinated (my wife and I already are.) She'll be 14 in June, so i anticipate that happening prior to the start of school in August.

hutch

« Reply #48047 on: April 12, 2021, 03:02:40 pm »
Same

Although my kids are a bit younger

Yada

« Reply #48048 on: April 12, 2021, 03:04:25 pm »

We didn’t send our kids back to school but I don’t feel morally superior for it...

Honestly Yada this was a gratuitous swipe.. the only one coming off as acting morally superior is you

Thanks for the feedback... but I stand by what I said. We live in such a fuckin' hyper focused type A douche nozzlery area that we'll be not back to normal any time soon.

When I'm on a soccer field with kids running around outside with every adult there already vaxxed and I still have to wear a mask, that's a bunch of shit hutchess.

Space Freely

« Reply #48049 on: April 12, 2021, 03:05:42 pm »
Arlo Parks
Union Stage
10/26

Reserved seats at tables are $30 and standing is $15. Do the reserved seats guarantee you a view over the heads of the standing people? I've obviously never been to Union Stage.

Space Freely

« Reply #48050 on: April 12, 2021, 03:09:27 pm »

Thanks for the feedback... but I stand by what I said. We live in such a fuckin' hyper focused type A douche nozzlery area that we'll be not back to normal any time soon.

When I'm on a soccer field with kids running around outside with every adult there already vaxxed and I still have to wear a mask, that's a bunch of shit hutchess.

How do you know every adult there is vaxxed?

I was out biking this morning and came across two groups of 10-15 high schoolers and their coaches running sprints on the bike trail. All of them standing around two feet apart with no masks. Am I a douche noxxle for thinking they *should* be masking? Or at least keeping a distance? I think at this point, youth sports might be a driving factor in spread.

Yada

« Reply #48051 on: April 12, 2021, 03:11:31 pm »

I was out biking this morning and came across two groups of 10-15 high schoolers and their coaches running sprints on the bike trail. All of them standing around two feet apart with no masks. Am I a douche noxxle for thinking they *should* be masking? Or at least keeping a distance? I think at this point, youth sports might be a driving factor in spread.

The group of six adults I was standing with were all vaccinated. Can confirm unless they were lying.

To follow up Space, how are you going to know anyone is ever vaxxed anywhere you go? Do you plan to wear a mask forever? Isn't/wasn't the point of getting vaccinated so we can start to live some sort of a semblance of normal life now? I'm not saying let flood gates open of whatever you want to do, but if six people are fully vaccinated standing in a field in MoCo, they shouldn't have to wear a damn mask.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:22:18 pm by Yada »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #48052 on: April 12, 2021, 03:12:42 pm »
The group of six adults I was standing with were all vaccinated. Can confirm unless they were lying.
If only there was some way for you to insist people show you their papers, proverbially. A document confirming vaccination that entitles them to enter a land of increased freedoms. A passport, if you will.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #48053 on: April 12, 2021, 03:13:41 pm »
If only there was some way for you to insist people show you their papers, proverbially. A document confirming vaccination that entitles them to enter a land of increased freedoms. A passport, if you will.

« Reply #48054 on: April 12, 2021, 03:24:04 pm »
Arlo Parks
Union Stage
10/26
yeah her site sucks and I'm having issues with the links and doesn't say much on the Union Stage site either
if anyone has any other deets, let me know
slack

Yada

« Reply #48055 on: April 12, 2021, 03:26:23 pm »
Arlo Parks
Union Stage
10/26
yeah her site sucks and I'm having issues with the links and doesn't say much on the Union Stage site either

onsale is friday, you could attempt to sign up to her mailing list for presale codes.

hutch

« Reply #48056 on: April 12, 2021, 03:44:49 pm »

We know youth sports is a driver..

It’s just boring continually having the same debates

But to hear Yada saying “wear a damn mask”? When did Yada go Republican? WTF those damned masks are saving lives .. is it that bad Yada?!? Frankly I have pretty much gotten used to masking

I get it that people want to return to pre covid times but am not sure that’s entirely in the cards until we have reached herd immunity AND kids are largely vaccinated if ever.. sorry that it sucks

I have no sympathy for your position Yada.. permanently trashing liberals for simply following science and best practices

« Reply #48057 on: April 12, 2021, 03:45:39 pm »
Arlo Parks
Union Stage
10/26

onsale is friday, you could attempt to sign up to her mailing list for presale codes.
just did that...then saw this
@arloparks
 Sign up to my mailing list to get access to the Tues pre-sale n secure your spot ✨ General sale is on Friday!
slack

Yada

« Reply #48058 on: April 12, 2021, 03:48:04 pm »

But to hear Yada saying “wear a damn mask”? When did Yada go Republican? WTF those damned masks are saving lives .. is it that bad Yada?!? Frankly I have pretty much gotten used to masking

I get it that people want to return to pre covid times but am not sure that’s entirely in the cards until we have reached herd immunity AND kids are largely vaccinated if ever.. sorry that it sucks

I have no sympathy for your position Yada.. permanently trashing liberals for simply following science and best practices

Thank you for your feedback.

The six children on the soccer team all wore masks for the entire practice, as well as the hyper liberal parents who were all vaccinated. Why aren't I allowed to vent my frustrations here like you and space do all day hutch? I'm not talking about walking into Target without a mask on, I'm talking about not wearing a mask at a soccer field post vaccination.

Space Freely

« Reply #48059 on: April 12, 2021, 03:49:41 pm »

To me, the key here is that kids aren't vaccinated. The chances of fully vaccinated adults getting it and passing it is minimized, but not zero. But the kids are still vulnerable non-minimized targets.