Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10005852 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #49425 on: August 03, 2021, 03:53:55 pm »
Friday
and I thought there would be no way to top the annoyingness of the integers thread
well played excon, you have now done it
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49426 on: August 03, 2021, 03:57:01 pm »
^ strongly disagree.  excon is adding useful info.  the integers add nothing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:58:39 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49427 on: August 03, 2021, 04:01:31 pm »
Silverstein "performing a career-spanning set", with The Plot In You & Can't Swim
Rams Head Live, Baltimore, MD
SUNDAY Dec 5
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49428 on: August 03, 2021, 04:01:51 pm »
Mayer Hawthorne: Rare Changes Tour
Lincoln Theatre, Washington, DC
TUESDAY, Nov 9
<sig>

« Reply #49429 on: August 03, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »
^ strongly disagree.  excon is adding useful info.  the integers add nothing.
well, there is that, but is the ploy to shame other posters to start adding the day of the week
also, how annoying when things are announced in all caps, then you copy it and are like 'should I change this to lower case?'
slack

Starsky

« Reply #49430 on: August 03, 2021, 04:05:38 pm »
If someone is interested in a particular show the least they can do after hearing about it is look up what day on the week it falls on! Come on!!

And maybe I am crazy but if I really want to see a show what I need is a heads up it’s announced… the day of the week is not important

If I feel I have to look up the day of the week it falls on to post here I may just not announce anymore shows…

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #49431 on: August 03, 2021, 04:11:44 pm »
the integers add nothing.

I see what you did there

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #49432 on: August 03, 2021, 04:19:03 pm »
The idea is that it adds VERY useful info for those of us that don't have the luxury of having every night off. If adding the day of the week is too onerous then I advocate a higher tax rate for 9-5ers.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #49433 on: August 03, 2021, 04:33:53 pm »
Vanishing Twin, a Tuesday in April 2022 @ DC9

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49434 on: August 03, 2021, 04:48:20 pm »
And maybe I am crazy but if I really want to see a show what I need is a heads up it’s announced… the day of the week is not important

you are not crazy, as far as i can tell, but once again your situation doesn't cover everyone else.  for me, day of the week is very important: weekend shows i have a lot of wiggle room, school-night shows are much trickier and require negotiation with The Power That Is.  so announcement with a so-so band on a weeknight: i don't even bother looking up ticket prices and availability. 

yes, we can all individually look up the day of the week... or the OP can do it once (better yet, they may already have the info - why not add it in?)

If I feel I have to look up the day of the week it falls on to post here I may just not announce anymore shows…

this is america.  land of the free.  you can do, or not do, whatever you want when posting - including adding the day of the week.  you're also free to not get vaxxed.
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #49435 on: August 03, 2021, 05:00:34 pm »

you are not crazy, as far as i can tell, but once again your situation doesn't cover everyone else.  for me, day of the week is very important: weekend shows i have a lot of wiggle room, school-night shows are much trickier and require negotiation with The Power That Is.  so announcement with a so-so band on a weeknight: i don't even bother looking up ticket prices and availability. 

yes, we can all individually look up the day of the week... or the OP can do it once (better yet, they may already have the info - why not add it in?)

this is america.  land of the free.  you can do, or not do, whatever you want when posting - including adding the day of the week.  you're also free to not get vaxxed.

Add the days, folks, or be ashamed.

Starsky

« Reply #49436 on: August 03, 2021, 05:06:19 pm »
I will think about that

I may just not post here.. I mean I have posted thousands upon thousands of show announcements here as a public service but I certainly don’t need to do so

Maybe it’s time for me to find something better to do with my time

Looking up day of the week is a pain.. why would I look it up for a show I likely have no interest in?

Burden should fall on the person interested in show…

I have enjoyed giving you all heads ups about shows but you coming off as ungrateful and entitled here… I don’t have to do it

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 05:11:15 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #49437 on: August 03, 2021, 05:19:10 pm »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #49438 on: August 03, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »
So if I AM interested in a show and I DO look up the day of the week and I POST it here for anyone who cares to know, would that still offend?

Starsky

« Reply #49439 on: August 03, 2021, 05:51:40 pm »
I don’t think that offends anyone as far as I can tell… as Sweets said- and I concur- everyone is free to do whatever they want

And if I came across a day of the week  I would have added it as I think I did recently but I just can’t be bothered anymore… the only thing a person sharing just announced shows even without day of the week should be hearing is thank you.

What next? Please post ticket prices, ADA policy cause I am old, nearby parking

I thought this was just a heads up this show has been announced thread

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:01:14 pm by Starsky »