Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10011896 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #50685 on: December 06, 2021, 09:14:09 pm »
Oh I felt the blow Sidehatch finances just took
kinda over Haim

Their longevity or lack of was short lived... quite the annoying band.
I will say, I'm a little piqued to see licorice Pizza with Alana Haim...looks good, had no idea she was in it
slack

Starsky

« Reply #50686 on: December 06, 2021, 11:41:23 pm »
Oh I felt the blow Sidehatch finances just took
kinda over Haim

Their longevity or lack of was short lived... quite the annoying band.
I will say, I'm a little piqued to see licorice Pizza with Alana Haim...looks good, had no idea she was in it

I have to say there is a subset of people for which young female artists seem to age out of…. their interest

Some are attracted to the combination of youth and fresh music… when the women are not as young and the music not as fresh they move on to the next up and coming young thing..

I really don’t get into this kind of music… it’s like disposable pop

Then of course the core of the fanbase for an act like Haim was teenage girls and as they age they don’t identify with the music from their teen years… new teens find something of their own

This kind of cycle happens over and over in all kinds of music which is why it’s so hard to remain relevant…. The band that can stay relevant as new generations come up is rare indeed….

I think the jury is still out on Haim…the last album was pretty well received…as I recall their last shows at the Anthem sold out (I want to say it was back to back nights)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:53:42 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #50687 on: December 07, 2021, 08:36:02 am »
I think the jury is still out on Haim…the last album was pretty well received…as I recall their last shows at the Anthem sold out (I want to say it was back to back nights)
Haim is doing fine without my support.  They do have kind of annoying streak that yada speaks of that I can't argue with, but they are extremally talented group of sisters.

They did sell out the last Anthem show (I did have tix, but my interest had waned by then and sold them at face to some rabid fan)

Can't say that my fandom has the same arc as your story

To be honest, 90% of the new music I've been into in the last few years is by female artists, might even be 95%
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 08:39:30 am by Brown-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #50688 on: December 07, 2021, 08:56:57 am »
Are you going to a lot of shows by 40 year old women?

Those Penelope tickets must be for your daughters.

Starsky

« Reply #50689 on: December 07, 2021, 09:22:03 am »
For the dude wherever he may be

Modern English
9-22
Birchmere

« Reply #50690 on: December 07, 2021, 09:48:47 am »
Are you going to a lot of shows by 40 year old women?
I'd see patti smith any day of the week
Lana Del Rey is 36...not quite 40, but pretty close
I'd see Kim or Kelly deal
caught Cait O'Riordan when she was in town
I'd see souxie in a heartbeat is she toured
Same with Lucious Jackson or Elastica
I regret not catching the pretenders and will next tour

But I will say for 35 years of my time of listening to music, I almost always went for male dominated bands, so I don't have a deep roots in women based rock. So the older bands tend to be male dominated that I like

But ultimately, I do like youthful rock n roll, either by men or women (or anyone in between)...so I'm pretty bias
As well as new bands, I tend to tire of bands after an album or two

Stuff like Joni from the 60s and 70s never really resonated with me
I really don't like tori amos or anything in that vein

Those Penelope tickets must be for your daughters.
yes of course, although her snarkiness is catchy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 10:00:16 am by Brown-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #50691 on: December 07, 2021, 09:49:39 am »
For the dude wherever he may be

Modern English
9-22
Birchmere
thought of Kilsaly this weekend whilst going through georgetown and saw the hobo rock guy on the corner
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #50692 on: December 07, 2021, 10:02:20 am »
I have to say there is a subset of people for which young female artists seem to age out of…. their interest

Some are attracted to the combination of youth and fresh music… when the women are not as young and the music not as fresh they move on to the next up and coming young thing..
You're applying gender to a cycle that is not gender unspecific. Virtually all great -- as in, people will be talking about it in decades still -- music is put out by the young. Not one single artist in the history of rock has put out their best work post-30. Of course as people get older, people show less interest in their music. This is not pervy, its normal. Weirdos on musical forums talking about haggard 60 year olds current musical output is the outlier, not normalcy.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #50693 on: December 07, 2021, 10:06:13 am »
False

I can think of many artists that put out their best after 30

Starsky

« Reply #50694 on: December 07, 2021, 10:17:11 am »
Bob Dylan

Starsky